• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Need a Dealer Recommendation and advice on finding a new 2017 Griso

geebee

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Hey guys and gals,

Need some advice on finding a new Griso. Unfortunately I sold my 2007 Griso two years ago- a sad tale of me needing some "Medical Deductable" monies.
Happy times are here today in Denver as I watched one of my other toys being driven away by its new owner.

So now its time for a new Griso. Needs to be a 2017, color not critical.
Perusing the web I've found what appears to be a conglomerate of dealerships named- Euro Cycles. One in Las Vegas (closest to Denver as there's going to be shipping involved). Reno and one in Sonoma.

Does anybody have a recommendation of a salesman at one of these dealerships?

Plans are for me to contact each dealership and ask for a OTD price including shipping to Denver. Best man wins. But a recommendation from one of you for a top notch, experienced salesman will rule the day.
Each Euro has a few Griso's supposedly in stock, prices are $7995 for several units and then each dealership has a few that go for $13190. I want a one of the "on Sale" 7995 guys.

There's only one other dealership-GP Motorcycles that has a new 2017 for $8989. I seem to remember a dealer up in the Northwest that was highly thought of here in Guzzitech but it looks to be out of business. My local Guzzi dealer has none.

Thanks!

Welcome back to the Famiglia (in advance). There’s other threads on here talking about blow out pricing. Those $7995 deals end up in the 9’s before all is said and done, then you have to ship, and deal with zero/improper set up when it arrives. Buy from a dealer that will be of help if you need it. i.e. I have a MGX-21 in my shop right now from the Vegas dealer where the starter switch was DOA. Owner waited 1.5 months for replacement, and just had me order one for him paid.
Moto International pulled the plug about a year or two after Dave Richardson retired and sold.

Euro Cycles of Tampa has a red Griso, $9995. Sitting in the exact spot mine once occupied.

I just bought a red/black (it's not red, just can't remember the official color name) from the Sonoma dealer, I bought it Friday (actually Windsor, CA, they say Sonoma because they are in Sonoma county and it sounds better). They have 3 left, 1 red/black and 2 silver/black, and all three are 7995 and 2017 models. I went 3 weeks ago to test ride them during a dealer test ride event day and they had 6 then, now 3. They charge 600 for setup and 600 for doc fee, depending on your county there is tax etc. So just call the store, the sales people will all price it the same. You can ride it before you buy assuming current insurance and M class license. It's a great deal. They have a R9T demo for 10,999 or something so ride them back to back. The 2 bikes are more different than I thought they would be. None of the ones left have screens, all fully naked. It is my opinion only but one of the silver ones feels slower then the other. I'm probably wrong, just my opinion.

Hey Eric, Congrats on the new bike! From what I've learned around the Griso world, I'm starting to get the impression the last remaining "new" Grisos are being snapped up. My own experience with Euro got off to a bad start so I quickly shifted to the other two dealers I contacted.

This is how my Griso purchase has gone-

I went down to my local Guzzi/Triumph dealer and talked to the owner who I've met several times throughout the years with them selling me a 2000 Thunderbird and service on the 07 Griso. Smart guy and I've always admired the way the dealership is run. He mentioned that he could probably find me a Griso but it would be at the full 2017 retail price. Seems there was a Griso auction a while back where all Moto Guzzi dealers were invited to participate (mine decided not to) a handful of dealers bought multiple Grisos, Euro being the largest. I'm assuming that all the cut-rate Griso's out there were purchased at this auction. I've found a handful of Grisos at dealers where the price still reflects full 2017 $$ or a bit less. I'm speculating these Griso's are stock that the dealer had in inventory since 2017?? And for reasons beyond my knowledge they have to sell close to the original price?

I asked each of three "Cut-Rate" dealers to send me a full Buyers Order, letting them know I was asking other dealers for the same info. A Buyers Order being what a bank needs to start the loan process. It's not just an e-mail with a couple of itemized prices. OC Motorcycles immediately sent me a formal order. GP Motorcycles replied with an e-mail asking a few questions, main one- did I want new or a demo with 200 miles. After answering "new" they sent me their full buyers order form.

Euro sent me a generated e-mail to let me know I'd be getting a telephone call. Little later I received a call from their internet sales guy who was very professional taking some more info about what I wanted. He told me a salesperson who'd be able to write up a buyers order would contact me. Somewhere there was an internal communications break down and I received a message on my phone the next day asking -could I "please contact them again as they had lost my info". I went ahead and texted the new sales guy, repeating my request. I don't think he got the text because the next day I received an email from the salesman with links to their current inventory and a request to "let them know what I wanted..."

I may be slow but when warning bells start to go off I'm ready to run, so all this took Euro off my list. I have no desire to trash Euro Motorcycles. Perhaps I was an isolated incident of getting lost in a large multilevel dealership? I wrote them a letter explaining what went on and that from my perspective a ball was dropped and it was best I go somewhere else. I got a nice reply thanking me for the effort/time letting them know what happened, also that my letter would be "passed higher up". No harm done so no problem for me.

All things being equal I would have bought the bike from OC but the owner of my local dealer had also told me he was friends with the owner of GP and he'd fully recommend them as being a quality organization. So GP has my bucket of money.

After some more e-mails back and forth with GP, the final papers were passed amongst myself GP and my Credit union last Tuesday. GP will crate up the 2017 Black/Silver Devil and depending on the vagaries of interstate shipping I'll see the bike in 3-4 weeks.

Got one more email from Euro- a price with shipping most notably tons of setup and document fees, much higher total than OC or GP.

So far - pretty smooth!

This is a good vote of confidence - I'm in the process of looking to purchase from GP. Did you go with your own financing for better rates? I applied for financing with GP but wondering if I should request a buyer's order as well and go around my local credit unions

Since this was an out of state purchase, I thought it might be better for me to finance locally (here in Denver). I just went with my credit union which ended up at 6.36%. I'm sure GP could have found someone to beat that, seems that's what happens when you give a dealership the chance to provide financing.

It also might have gone smoother and quicker for me if GP provided financing . They had to jump through some hoops to get my credit union to send them a check.- yep, no fancy wire transfer, snail mail back and forth.

Initially I did a wire transfer for my down payment, Cost me 20 bucks. When it came to the lump sum to finalize the deal, neither GP or my bank wanted to do a transfer so a check went snail mail. As I'm in no hurry this has worked for me but financing through the dealership is probably what most folks would/should do?

Good luck on your buying experience! Not much fun doing it long distance for me- verses going down to a dealer and being treated like a king for an hour, but it saves on gas :nod:

Too bad it had to be a 2017. I have a 2016 with 504 miles for sale for $8000. It is on the Denver CL. Tested, works, no issues and could have saved some dough and be riding already ;)

Yes I saw yours, thanks but for only $895 more I get one with 4 miles, a ""new" loan rate and full warrentee. Once all these new cheap Grisos disappear then I suppose we'll see the used prices stabilize.

Yes I saw yours, thanks but for only $895 more I get one with 4 miles, a ""new" loan rate and full warrentee. Once all these new cheap Grisos disappear then I suppose we'll see the used prices stabilize.

True, but shipping ;)

Enjoy it though. I think I'm going to keep mine.

Back