Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Need advice for calfornia vintage exaust.

Discussion in 'Chat & Tech Info' started by killerdriller, May 17, 2015.

1. killerdriller

killerdriller Just got it firing!

Just bought my first guzzi! Got a 2009 California Vintage. I'm wanting to get louder exaust, but I'm having troubles finding what I want. Please help.
    Thanks,
    killerdriller

2. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

Probably the cheapest way is to replace the colostomy bag between the exhausts with an H-pipe. This will give you more noise but not necessary more power.

3. killerdriller

I'm not a mechanic or a tech head so I have to ask, What would I do with the oxygen sensor if I did that?

4. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

5. killerdriller

Thanks! Your smarter than I look. I didn't know it was made with the sensor bung. I had only seen them without. This guzzi rookie has much to learn. 30 years of motorcycle and all of a sudden I feel like a goof.
    Thanks again ,
    killerdriller

P.S. Any other advice will also be appreciated.

6. makarushka

makarushka Cruisin' Guzzisti

I have a 2011 Black Eagle -- same bike as the Vintage save for the paint job and touring accessories. Replacing the stock crossover with Todd's does give you a bit more volume than stock; it's a smart upgrade anyway as it vastly decreases the amount of heat coming from under the bike, and makes access to the gear box drain plugs much easier. You'll notice a slight torque increase in the midrange and easier revving, even with the stock ECU and muffler configuration.

I wanted to keep the stock look, so the natural choice was Lafranconis. These pipes sound glorious, and the bike runs phenomenally well with them and an appropriate reflash. They are, however, LOUD. Not anywhere near the noise of a straight-pipe Harley or at all antisocial, but sitting on the bike in certain RPM ranges depending on the load the level is significant. You won't scare kids or have passers-by turn around to look at what's making the ruckus -- they are not that loud, thank god, but they might make you want to have ear plugs if you forget to wear them. The sound from them is absolutely glorious though... And they do provide just enough of a level increase that when I split lanes (a legal practice in our state and a daily occurrence for me on my commute), the drivers as far as 4-5 cars ahead raise their head to look in the mirror. With the stock pipes they wouldn' feel/hear me until I was in their blind spot or right next to them.

Mistral always sounds good, too, and even with the dB killer IN should provide more level than the stock pipes...

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  7. killerdriller

Hello, My best friend has 3 guzzis so I ended up with guzzi fever. Been riding forever, Never had any trouble figuring what to do or where to get what I needed to do it. I'm beginning to think its not only my friend thats good people but guzzi riders in general. Thanks a big bunch to everyone of ya. Your making my life alot easier.
    Thanks again,
    killerdriller

8. mkstewed

mkstewed Tuned and Synch'ed

I got a set of Mistrals if your interested. To get the most out of them have Todd set you up with a ECU reflash and a PCv with autotune.

9. killerdriller

Hello,
    How much are you needing for them?