Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by Steven D Daft, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Steven D Daft

Steven D Daft Just got it firing! GT Contributor

I got back from a 2000 mile trip on my2016 Griso, turned the key on a few days later and the dash lit up saying the ECU was unplugged. Talked to Todd and sent the ECU to him. He was able to bring it back to life and when I got it back, I put it all back together and got the same thing.

Today, I dive in harder and find out it is electrical. On the right side of the bike under the seat is the fuse box with a 3amp and 4 15amp fuses. the 4th fuse from the right keeps blowing when I turn the key on. No matter what size fuse I put in. Any help is greatly appreciated and I will return the favor anyway I can Todd can attest to that. thank you very much in advance!!!

2. Brett

Brett Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  3. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT di Razza Pura

Make sure the ground wire is good, I have seen the eyelet come off the wire with bad crimp. This is the wire right by the ECU.
    The fuse order is in the manual in downloads.

4. Steven D Daft

5. Steven D Daft

Thanks I’ll check that out tonight

6. Steven D Daft

the ground is good, just checked that. the fuse that keeps blowing is the one for the oxygen sensor, secondary injection relay coil, startup relay coil, speed sensor power supply, electronic central unit power supply and engine kill.

Something leads me top believe that it has to do with the startup relay coil for every time I turn the key on, if the fuse is in, it blows. Bit what the hell do i know.

7. Adam Davis

Adam Davis Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

The ground at the starter maybe loose.

8. Steven D Daft

Thanks man, I'm going to go over and look at that now.

9. Brett

Brett Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

I don't see a loose ground connection being your issue. I can't see that blowing a fuse.

Steven D Daft likes this.