• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Need Help PLZ...Oil Leak from the Driveshaft.

Grvforce

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi, my V7 is a 2012 but got it new from the dealer on May 2014. it was sitting at the dealership for almost 2 years. i have 800 Mi on the clock and got this oil leak. is it a common problem with Guzzis cuz of the driveshaft !!!!! is it an easy fix?? any tips???
thank u all Photo 11

very un-common take it to them and wait the 3 months for the warranty repair, the seal in the final nothing to do with the drive shaft...this is very un-common there was a spat of 8v carac bikes with bad big bearings but this was way before 2012 and not on the v7

Thank u so much buddy
very un-common take it to them and wait the 3 months for the warranty repair, the seal in the final nothing to do with the drive shaft...this is very un-common there was a spat of 8v carac bikes with bad big bearings but this was way before 2012 and not on the v7
hanks

No, that is not normal, especially after only 800 Miles.
The drive shaft, is greased, and will not " Leak "
That oil, is coming from the gear oil, inside the FINAL DRIVE housing.
Perhaps, it got over filled, or something dried out, while sitting for 2 years ?

It is a simple fix, but as posted above, its a warranty issue, so get the shop to fix it.
Hopefully , your local Guzzi Shop, is run by good guys, who will get it fixed sharpish....
Please Keep us informed of your progress, and how your local shop chooses to deal with the problem.
If you live hundreds of miles from a Guzzi Shop, then DONT PANIC.......!
Tell us, and we will guide you to the diagrammes and parts needed.
Then you can mail order the bits, and fix it yourself.
Its OK to say its warranty work, but if you have to ride for days, then book into a hotel, or rent a trailer etc..
then its easier to fix it yourself.
And all us.... So Called Experts, will gladly help you through the job, heck there might even be a youtube video in the archive, that shows you what to do, step by step !
Good Luck
Take Care Out There

thank u guys. the shop is so close to my house and its run by a Ducati Dealer, they look professional and knowable. the mechanic thier wanted parts # 15, 17, and 22 (two of them) since they don't stock any Guzzi's parts, i had to order it my self (will be reimbursed) to get it faster than if they did. will keep you updated guys. thank you so much for your support. Engine transmission complete ii

Is that a common fault on them?
I have a V7 Cafe -2011 approximately (10000 km). Also has a small leak
Think it is very bad for it to be an oil leak on such a new bike with few kilometers

I have not done anything about the leak yet, there is only very little as it is leaking.
Thought of taking it when I change the rear tire. Maybe next year ....

Have ordered both the gaskets and seals.

Got a tip from a friend who has car repair shop. He thought that I would
try a seal saver first. For example Redline seal saver or Omega 917

I will try it so maybe if I'm lucky it will be fine with it.

Got a tip from a friend who has car repair shop. He thought that I would
try a seal saver first. For example Redline seal saver or Omega 917

I will try it so maybe if I'm lucky it will be fine with it.

Thanks buddy. My bike at the dealership shop right now to change all the seals. But will keep ur tip in mind. Let me know if it works for u buddy. Good luck and thanks again :))

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
mine did the same thing. 2013 v7 stone. heard about another guy having the same problem on another forum. dealer tried to fix it twice to no avail. this last time they said there were these two bolts that were not staying tight and it was leaking there. We'll see if that fixes it...just got it back.

I've changed the seal and ride over 400km and things looks good now. It was easy and fast fix but the problem was that there is no Guzzi. Parts at the dealer. I had to order it from Europe where it took 10 days to get.

Don't forget to check the breather cap on top of the bevel box guys. If the breather cap is blocked it causes a build up of pressure as the bevel box oil heats up and pushes the oil past the seal. This happened to my 2009 Nevada after 6000miles. Hope that helps :)

Hi folks, for what it's worth I have exactly the same issue. 2012 model (1 year old on the road) V7 Special with oil spattered over rear rim. 3750kms !!!

Can anyone say with confidence what the fix is? Because I bought second hand I'm worried they won't honour warranty and charge me 2 days labour for 5 mechanics plus lunches just to look at it!

I'd appreciate your feedback on this old thread. Cheers.

Back