• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Need link to thread for lowering foot pegs for 2008 Breva Sport

Flat Cap Cafe Racer

Tuned and Synch'ed
I recently contacted AF1 and ordered 2 inch lower foot pegs and longer toe pieces for shifter and rear brake. I ordered per the part numbers on the web site.

I was surprised to open the box and find some sort of light with the pieces I ordered., but okay I got an extra piece.

The foot pegs wouldn't fit, the brake side fouled the lever and the holes were smaller than the foot peg mounting pins. I checked the numbers on the toe pieces and they were not what I ordered.

So I just sent the whole mess back but I'm still looking to lower the foot pegs and would appreciate some leads on where to find some.

Thanks

As I've said before, better to raise the seat than lower the pegs. Any upholstery guy can add some closed cell foam to get you a little higher. You will find that the stock foam is too soft and on a long ride your butt will be on the seat pan. On my 1100 Breva (same chassis) I had the seat raised 1 inch.

I've haven't been sitting on the seat long enough to determine the comfort level for an all day ride yet. On the other hand I'm probably not going to do too many all day rides either.

However, your point is still valid. Moving the seat up an inch would definitely alleviate some leg issues but I would definitely need some higher bars since the ones on it now are borderline low for me.

I was hoping to change only one variable.

The distance from the ground to the foot peg looks adequate to support lowering the pegs a bit. (See picture)

I'm keeping an open mind and your suggestion certainly is a good one. Thanks

Attachments

• 1667276555150_IMG_20221031_133404147_HDR.jpg
    1667276555150_IMG_20221031_133404147_HDR.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 7
I'm not sure about the Breva but on my Norge I gained a lot of legroom using Honda Goldwing pegs. There is a thread about it on this forum. I got mine for $50 CAD on aliexpress.com/item/1959337257.html
No problem with brake and gear lever.

knightdesignllc.com/Products/Motorcycle/Moto-Guzzi/Year-Menus/Moto-Guzzi-Motorcycle-2008-Menu.html

These are what I had on mine. I didn't buy any extra lever extensions, the shifter could be repositioned and the brake lever was fine for me.

The standard US side stand touched the lowered pegs and I ended up buying a Euro stand. I had a beta version of the pegs so they may have changed them slightly to deal with the interference.

These are what I had on mine. I didn't buy any extra lever extensions, the shifter could be repositioned and the brake lever was fine for me.

The standard US side stand touched the lowered pegs and I ended up buying a Euro stand. I had a beta version of the pegs so they may have changed them slightly to deal with the interference.
They didn't list my bike 2008 Breva Sport, was your bike the same model as mine? The brake side needs to come out about an inch and half to clear the lever. I got the Knights KD182252 Crosstrax pegs and they wouldn't work. (See picture)

I would have to drill out the peg pivot pin hole, notch the gear lever and probably the peg. That would significantly weaken the peg. My buddy has an adjustable pegs on his Griso we will look at that might work. If we find one to work on the brake side the shifter side should not be a problem.

IMG 20221031 140315772 HDR

They didn't list my bike 2008 Breva Sport, was your bike the same model as mine? The brake side needs to come out about an inch and half to clear the lever. I got the Knights KD182252 Crosstrax pegs and they wouldn't work. (See picture)

I would have to drill out the peg pivot pin hole, notch the gear lever and probably the peg. That would significantly weaken the peg. My buddy has an adjustable pegs on his Griso we will look at that might work. If we find one to work on the brake side the shifter side should not be a problem.

View attachment 27323
Yes, 2008 1200 Sport. I think I adjusted the brake link arm because I thought it would lower the brake pedal, but it did not. But it may have made it so the brake didn't engage until I pressed on it.

I had previously installed some Buell pegs which required a lot of grinding to work and may have messed with the brake then, but this was about 10 years ago and I've only gotten older since then and don't remember how it all went.

Yes, 2008 1200 Sport. I think I adjusted the brake link arm because I thought it would lower the brake pedal, but it did not. But it may have made it so the brake didn't engage until I pressed on it.

I had previously installed some Buell pegs which required a lot of grinding to work and may have messed with the brake then, but this was about 10 years ago and I've only gotten older since then and don't remember how it all went.
If your fortunate to live long enough sometimes our memories on the details get a little fuzzy, at least it does with me.

I've got to put this on hold anyway for a trip to visit a sick inlaw. Thanks.

I got hold of a Norge seat IMHO it is a far better seat for me it is firmer, flatter and looks heap better not having that "Pizza Puff edge" between your legs and the tank, the sport seat is to soft you sink into it over a short time causing your butt to get hot and uncomfortable.
This only is IMHO only

I got hold of a Norge seat IMHO it is a far better seat for me it is firmer, flatter and looks heap better not having that "Pizza Puff edge" between your legs and the tank, the sport seat is to soft you sink into it over a short time causing your butt to get hot and uncomfortable.
This only is IMHO only
The temperature of around 16 to 20 degrees Fahrenheit has limited my seat time. I'll keep you advice in mind, thanks.

I generally ride all year providing the roads are clear and dry, but I turn the speed way way down. I got my last ride of the year a couple of days ago and it was between 27 and 16 degrees. 😄😄

Back