• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Need to know top three/four "must have" mods for Griso

polkpr

Tuned and Synch'ed
I am looking at a very low milage, 2013 Griso that I might purchase. This bike has less than 4K miles on it. Several small cosmetic/functional changes but zero mechanical mods have already been done by the current owner.

When I had a later model Norge, one of the first things I did was get a new "y" pipe to get rid of the catalytic converter to reduce heat.

Need to know what performance items I should plan purchasing to increase efficiency and allow it to breath better. I'm looking for a healthy "growl" and not obnoxious noise. (new "y" pipe? chip (which one)? exhaust? I will mention too that I plan on traveling with some side bags so the exhaust needs to be compatible.

My riding is generally on the roads in the Shenandoah Valley of VA but I'm not a "twisties" freak. I go at a leisurely but fun pace.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I am virtually certain -- a lower standard than it might seem :giggle: -- that all '13's were roller tappets.

Paul, you missed a great opp at the MGGG MMXX for Griso info, tho, as with all such grand Guzzi and other moto-gatherings, the BS was in great supply, too. ;) Posted pix in ride-report section, but here they are: https://bill-and-kathi.smugmug.com/MGGG-MMXX/n-L73Bmz

In Erie (on Stornello) just now. I have done enough wet miles in my life that I don't need to get another BTDT "soaked" entry for my logbook, so will let the rain pass through here and at home before heading back on Wednesday. Did have a great two-day ride (for a mere 300 miler) trip up here. Pavement and not.

i-Vj8c2nM-M.jpg

i-CKkmgQB-M.jpg

1921!

Bill

Last edited:
You're right Bill. 2013 should all be rollerized. For some reason (age) I had it in my head 2012. My 2012 Norge was one of the very first to be rollerized at the factory.

While I do agree on exhaust and fueling mods being two very good mods for a Griso, I would also add suspension. The stock shock is pretty bad. The stock forks are better, but could still use a re-valve.
Mine has Todd's full fuel kit, along with a Y pipe and muffler from Todd. It also has a rear shock from Todd.
I also replaced the stock handlebars. But I think the newer Griso's come with a better bend for the handlebars. Mine is an older one.
The 2013's should all be roller, but it doesn't hurt to check.

Thanks for the inputs and insight. The seller said his 2013 does have the roller tappets. He checked the VIN with two different dealers and they confirmed. He also raised the handlebars slightly and lowered the footpegs slightly. He has tons of bags for the bike as well as windscreen. Doesn't seem to have any mechanical mods though.

Relative to the "store" I can never determine which "one" of the various mapping upgrades to get. I do want the new "Y" pipe but don't know which low tone, rumble exhaust I'd choose from.

Thanks, Paul in VA

Thanks for the inputs and insight. The seller said his 2013 does have the roller tappets. He checked the VIN with two different dealers and they confirmed. He also raised the handlebars slightly and lowered the footpegs slightly. He has tons of bags for the bike as well as windscreen. Doesn't seem to have any mechanical mods though.

Relative to the "store" I can never determine which "one" of the various mapping upgrades to get. I do want the new "Y" pipe but don't know which low tone, rumble exhaust I'd choose from.

Thanks, Paul in VA

As it's a '13, I don't at all doubt that yours came with rollers, tho all mfgrs, not only Guzzi, can play games with model years. That said, it is also my understanding that the engine #, i.e., not the VIN, determines flatties v. rollers.

It is easy enough to check for certainty by popping a valve cover. Seller may not want to do that, but even if you decide not to buy, he'll have photo proof of rollers for next prospect, so it's an incentive to get him to do it.

Bill

Back