Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a paid to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

New 2013 v7 special

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Tom Cole, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Tom Cole

Tom Cole Just got it firing!

Hello, this is my first post here. As the title says I purchased a new 2013 special last week. So far really like the bike. I have ordered a center stand for it and am now looking into luggage. I also have a BMW 1150rs 2003. It has a Givi 52l topcase and I think I would like to mount that on the 750. Unless it would look too overpowering. I saw a 46l on Gerryp stone and his looks very nice. So I guess this question is for him.What rack will the Givi mount to? I spoke with Givi on line and they said nothing was available for my bike. No pictures yet but coming soon. I'm sure I'll have many more questions . Thanks in advance.

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

The 52 liter trunk and even the 46 liter in my opinion is a bit much for the 750. Trunks that size could wag the dog so to speak. The 750 is a light bike in relative terms. A trunk with that much profile could be a problem. Keep the trunk small, and concentrate any luggage low in the saddle bags, and in a tank bag. Givi has a universal plate that will mount to a luggage rack. Hepco Becker seems to have a wider variety available for Guzzi. Also check the store tab above to see what Todd has to offer.

3. Cam3512

Cam3512 Tuned and Synch'ed

Agree, don't go that big. Both Givi and HB have "Universal" mounting plates that bolt down onto a rack. I've had both brands on two different bikes/racks, and they work great.

4. Tom Cole

Tom Cole Just got it firing!

Right. Just trying to be frugal. Looking at the options I will probably go with the HB side cases.

5. GerryP

GerryP Cruisin' Guzzisti

I'm running a GIVI V46 with the universal adaptor mounted to the GUZZI side/tail racks. I'm using the GUZZI semi-rigid expandable side cases.

I also added the optional lighting kit to the top case.

I had the option of the V52 but it was out of porportion to the V7 and just did not look right on that size bike.
    Gerry

6. King of Fleece

King of Fleece Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I've seen Gerry's bike. The top case looks good.

7. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Hi Tom, congrats on the V7Sp, love to get your info on the Registry thread; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/
    Let me know if you have any questions on the top cases or related. Hope I can get you one, and as John says, do peruse the Store tab link above to see what I have for your V7.