• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Avatar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostBittenCanadian

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I have selected a new avatar for myself in Tribute to the way the dealers and the importer of MG deal with me up here in Canada,I'm quickly getting fed up with a Bullshit diet. I hope all of you in other parts of the world appreciate what a wonderful thing being able to choose is!!
FBC

OK, but on the serious side, are you any closer to having your problems resolved ?
The Few Guzzi dealers I have seen around Canada, seem to be Arctic Cat dealers, that somehow have got a Guzzi sign to put on the wall.
Not exactly confidence inspiring, and yes it is crappy that you are not getting the backup that you should be able to expect.
I hope all your issues get sorted, quickly.
Take Care Out There

motoguzziman wrote:
OK, but on the serious side, are you any closer to having your problems resolved ?
The Few Guzzi dealers I have seen around Canada, seem to be Arctic Cat dealers, that somehow have got a Guzzi sign to put on the wall.
Not exactly confidence inspiring, and yes it is crappy that you are not getting the backup that you should be able to expect.
I hope all your issues get sorted, quickly.
Take Care Out There

That isn't the case with my local dealer, Euromoto. True enthusiasts that support the brand as best they can, one of the successful dealers in Canada. Of course they carry the full Piaggio line and Ural. Always have several Geese on the floor, they even have a few of Aprilia RS125 track bikes, these look like a lot of fun!
I am truly satisfied with my Norge over 37k km's and aside from a couple of bad relays and the usual cracking plastic and brake issues that I was intent on settling myself has been reliable and hasn't let me down once. For me, I have utmost confidence in my Guzzi and am planning a trip out to California next month.

Must be nice , I haven't even menaged 3700k without multiple failures and 1 stranding. As soon as one gets sorted, the next one appears.
FBC

Hey, FBC. You want me to bring a trailer up there, pick up the Stelvio, and bring it down here where I bet I can find someone to fix it?

Here's the deal. I get it fixed here (to perfection), ride it back to Toronto for fun, and you fly me back home.

How about it? Don't take too long to respond, since it'll be snowing up there in a few weeks :eek:hmy:

THanks for the offer, why don't i just go buy another motorcycle, maybe one that isn't made from citrus and just ride it. Then when the coffee table breaks down I got something to ride. Why is it the most constructive thing anyone seems to tell me is throw money at it in one way or another. How come there are no threads on here stating" if you buy one expect to spend all your money overcoming poor quality control, service and support"?
FBC

THanks for the offer, why don't i just go buy another motorcycle, maybe one that isn't made from citrus and just ride it. Then when the coffee table breaks down I got something to ride. Why is it the most constructive thing anyone seems to tell me is throw money at it in one way or another. How come there are no threads on here stating" if you buy one expect to spend all your money overcoming poor quality control, service and support"?
FBC

You might think I'm kidding, but I'm very serious. Besides, I've never been to Toronto. Isn't your Stelvio still under warranty? Can't it be fixed at any authorized MG dealer? Won't the warranty work be done for free? Is the cost of a plane ticket to Georgia too much to have it fixed at a place that knows what they're doing? I don't know much about the new Guzzis, but I seriously doubt you have that big a problem. Case in point here. No one has had to put up with more crap from a motorcycle than I did and for literally years. It turned out to be a very simple but hard to diagnose problem of a bad electrical connection to the CPU. Once discovered and remedied, the bike has run great. But you would not believe how poorly it performed for, let's see, 35,000 miles, off and on. Only a truly stubborn fool like myself would have put up with the thing that long. But I knew there had to be a solution, and I am very glad I stuck it out. I will never sell the EV for any amount. Well, OK I can be bought for the right price, but it will be strictly business ;)

Now it is entirely possible you have a bonafide lemon. These things happen with Toyotas, Mercedes and Fords, so I'm sure Guzzi can have a bad day too.

You obviously have not gotten the answer you want re. your bike. That would be to sell it for the same price you paid and go find something to your liking. Sorry, I would gladly pay you a good price if I could afford it, but I just can't right now, and, as you know, when it became "used" the FMV dropped like a rock.

Let me pose these questions to you. On the rare occasions when the Stelvio is running right, do you enjoy it? If it stayed sorted, would it be the bike you were expecting? If you can say yes to those two questions, then by all means get the thing fixed. I hauled my EV 800 miles one way to MPH to have work done when there was no one around here that knew what they were doing. Thankfully, we now have some good dealers in my area.

I stand by my offer. I'll come get your bike and get it fixed right by someone who cares. If they can't fix it, then at least we'll know for sure you were just a very unlucky buyer.

I'm sorry you believe no one has said anything constructive about this problem. I have the done the best I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back