• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New C14 variants for 2015

What's your feelings on these different models?

• Total voters

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
This just in... new models unveiled including the Audace (bold in Italian - note the shorty mufflers and solo seat, but standard headlight) and Eldo versions (spoked 16" wheels and bigger fenders), click top pic below to see more:

110414-2015-moto-guzzi-eldorado-4-583x389.jpg

I personally don't understand the solo idea that has been cropping up on large displacement bikes lately. My only reason for a big bore is two up touring. My 650 tours fine with just me. Now the Eldo I think is a nice nostalgic take on the bike. My only concern is Guzzi's notorious lack of parts on the shelf being even worse with the even lower volume varients.

I'm with abbienormal on this one. I do recall that the original 850's had a seat more suitable for two-up or even just for the single rider being able to adjust themselves on a long ride. Maybe the single seat makes less difference on the new C14's because of their less than stellar gas mileage. I do like the looks of the Eldo though, it's been a very long time coming.

these are more to my liking and are still true to the MG design philosophy

Clearly we don't know where Guzzi is headed, and maybe they don't either. Judging from the lack of new product, except for new paint colors and a new fender, they obviously remain cash poor, still relying on the corporate generosity of Piaggio for their financial life blood.

From their "big picture" position, given the stratospheric performance already in the market, it would make no sense for Piaggio management to invest in/create a Guzzi with sporting pretensions. The new California is understandable as their attempt to re-establish a position in a space where their V-Twin feels at home. But, does the world want another non-Harley V-Twin? Have they sold enough to recoup their investment?

More than anything, the MGX 21 prototype reveals their lack of direction, or ideas. It's a clone of the Honda Wing variant that was met with similar puzzlement. Regarding the existing line, they've lost the battle for adventure tour and will find it hard to warrant major investment in the Stelvio. Likewise for the Norge.

Their principal problem is they are in segments they aren't competitive in. We, of course, are loyal to the brand, but it simply can't afford to keep pleasing all of us. They need to drop some models and focus their energy, creativity and money more narrowly.

What should Guzzi do? Here's my two cents: The new motor will be welcome for sure. But the real challenge for them is identifying the appropriate format and configuration and market segments to invest in.

The new/old Ducati Scrambler points one way; just a regular bike that will certainly have great handling and gratifying power. And the price is just right. They will sell many. Who contemplating a V7 or Bonneville won't be tempted? Guzzi needs to "fix" the V7 fast or its share will erode.

For the bigger power rider, Guzzi could replace the Griso with a big standard like Honda's CB 1100, using their great 1200 motor [please fix the fueling]. The engineers at Aprilia can certainly make it handle like magic. This bike could also be sold to police, military and other fleet buyers.

These two standard bikes could form the core of a Guzzi rebirth, if they are accepted and sell in much larger numbers than today. Serial production is great if quantities are sufficient; if not, its overhead is ruinous and bankruptcy will again visit their door. Standards sell, period. The Guzzi V-Twin motor is sublime. It's very clear to me. Anyone agree?

I would very much like Guzzi to try to capitalize on the old is new again. All the major bike builders are cashing in on resurrecting bikes from the past, 70s and 80s. These bikes look very nice and they hit right in the "mid-life crisis" folks. Folks that are between 40 and 50 yrs old that remember or even learned how to ride on.
I hope Guzzi do not bring back the Le Mans as a mix between carbon fiber and Japanese performance bikes. They should remake the Le Mans in similar fashion as 1980s but 2010s technology.

I really like the Audace. I was initially wanting to get a Griso but now I want to get the Audace.

Clearly we don't know where Guzzi is headed, and maybe they don't either. Judging from the lack of new product, except for new paint colors and a new fender, they obviously remain cash poor, still relying on the corporate generosity of Piaggio for their financial life blood.

From their "big picture" position, given the stratospheric performance already in the market, it would make no sense for Piaggio management to invest in/create a Guzzi with sporting pretensions. The new California is understandable as their attempt to re-establish a position in a space where their V-Twin feels at home. But, does the world want another non-Harley V-Twin? Have they sold enough to recoup their investment?

More than anything, the MGX 21 prototype reveals their lack of direction, or ideas. It's a clone of the Honda Wing variant that was met with similar puzzlement. Regarding the existing line, they've lost the battle for adventure tour and will find it hard to warrant major investment in the Stelvio. Likewise for the Norge.

Their principal problem is they are in segments they aren't competitive in. We, of course, are loyal to the brand, but it simply can't afford to keep pleasing all of us. They need to drop some models and focus their energy, creativity and money more narrowly.

What should Guzzi do? Here's my two cents: The new motor will be welcome for sure. But the real challenge for them is identifying the appropriate format and configuration and market segments to invest in.

The new/old Ducati Scrambler points one way; just a regular bike that will certainly have great handling and gratifying power. And the price is just right. They will sell many. Who contemplating a V7 or Bonneville won't be tempted? Guzzi needs to "fix" the V7 fast or its share will erode.

For the bigger power rider, Guzzi could replace the Griso with a big standard like Honda's CB 1100, using their great 1200 motor [please fix the fueling]. The engineers at Aprilia can certainly make it handle like magic. This bike could also be sold to police, military and other fleet buyers.

These two standard bikes could form the core of a Guzzi rebirth, if they are accepted and sell in much larger numbers than today. Serial production is great if quantities are sufficient; if not, its overhead is ruinous and bankruptcy will again visit their door. Standards sell, period. The Guzzi V-Twin motor is sublime. It's very clear to me. Anyone agree?

I'd have bought the new 1400 if it didn't scrape on every corner and weighed the same or less than the EV. the world is already polluted with big pigs.
they aren't the only mfg. with their head up their Ass! Honda has the cross runner and cross tourer in Europe but not here. I know they would both sell but they evidently can't be bothered to try and compete with the V-strom, R1200GS, super tenere, Stelvio etc

I'd have bought the new 1400 if it didn't scrape on every corner and weighed the same or less than the EV.
Come ride my RentAGuzzi.com C14C. I think you'll feel differently about them. I (like you) didn't want to like it, but once the suspension and breathing was sorted, it's quite the:

297b6e6f8d9a94e648c9f8dace1dffd6.png

Sorry you don't like the Cali...Its a very nice bike and performs nicely for what it is designed for..
It does mater what you ride...It matters that your riding!!!

Sorry you don't like the Cali...Its a very nice bike and performs nicely for what it is designed for..
It does mater what you ride...It matters that your riding!!!
I want the Belaggio...but, not imported, and, now dropped by MG....They dropped the ball on this one by not making it available in the US........

This just in... new models unveiled including the Audace (bold in Italian - note the shorty mufflers and solo seat, but standard headlight) and Eldo versions (spoked 16" wheels and bigger fenders), click top pic below to see more:

110414-2015-moto-guzzi-eldorado-4-583x389.jpg
Love the simplistic look of the Audace, have you guys in US been given an arrival date yet? Will be buying one of these as soon as AUS gets delivery

Hi does anyone know what the weight saving is for the Audace model. I imagine it would only be a couple of Kg although I would be interested to know. Being such a weedy 70kg these bikes are probably a bit too heavy for me. :)
I wonder if these new models are coming to Aus or NZ any time soon.

I looked for some specs on the new models but there aint much around !

Hi does anyone know what the weight saving is for the Audace model. I imagine it would only be a couple of Kg although I would be interested to know. Being such a weedy 70kg these bikes are probably a bit too heavy for me. :)
I wonder if these new models are coming to Aus or NZ any time soon.

I looked for some specs on the new models but there aint much around !
I've been told Aus should get them after mid year, importer hasn't been able to give me spec sheet yet but I'm hoping could be 20 kgs or so lighter with different forks,head light, no heat shields or crash bars etc, I'm only 70kgs myself so any savings in weight is a plus

Hi Mark, cheers for that good to know. 20kg off would be fantastic. I test rode the custom and although it didn't feel its 305kg weight, I would feel more comfortable with it if the new models were a bit lighter.
I liked the look of the Bellagio but they have stopped bringing them to aus. My current bike is 220kg so it is a bit of a step up.
Thanks

Myself being 77kg but only a 28" inseam I have found the 1400 Tour easier to handle in slow situations than my R1200GS or my Norge. That said it is still a lot of mass to move around when you have to push it.

Hi thanks very much for the pics, really appreciate it. Does anyone have any specs? I am trying to find the weight of the audace but not having any luck, hopefully they have shaved a few kg off.

Back