• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New California Owner needs some advice

Robsnsx

Just got it firing!
Hi All
I just acquired a 2017 California Touring and I really love it. The one issue I am having is what I consider excessive heat coming from the engine and heating up my legs and butt. I have read a little about the Guzzitech fuel tuning product and was looking for some experience feedback. Specifically, if the heat is the main issue I want to address,

1. Is this upgrade worth it?

2. How much improvement should I expect?

3. is it difficult o do? I am used to oil changes, tire changes, and basic maintenance. Will I be able to perform this?

I would also love to chat with anyone who has any experience with this if you are willing to talk. Just let me know. Thanks so much for all of the help

Rob

I had Todd instal mine and it’s a huge difference. I’ll give you an anecdote:

I was at GP motorcycles in San Diego getting a new front tire installed. When I picked up the bike, the service guy handed me my keys and asked, “What the heck did you do to this thing? I’ve ridden a LOT of these and NONE of them rides like this one.”

Last edited:
Thanks folks. Any other specific experiences would be greatly appreciated

Fitted it to my 2016 Audace a few years back, along with opening up the airbox and a new high flow filter (which makes a nice noise). Main improvement is the fueling at low to mid rev running. It'll happily pull 1500rpm in 5th without complaint and cruise at those sorts of revs (not that you would, but it's nice to know you could). It would never do that with stock fueling.

You'll also notice a snappier response to throttle openings and IIRC, the torque limited has been removed from 1st gear so full power is available from the get go. I wouldn't say I notice any more top end power, it might be there, but I didn't do the exhaust mod or get a dyno test, but others (Sir fred if I recall) have posted their dyno results and it feels fast enough for me. The biggest benefit I observed is smoothing out the fueling, stock was all "fluffy" below 3000rpm resulting in lots of drive line shunt even on a steady throttle. If your budget will stretch it's a worthwile mod. Because stock runs so lean, there is less fuel available to cool the pistons. I haven't verified, but adding more fuel should add more cooling inside the cylinders so you would expect less external heat.

This is to address your question about doing the install yourself. I did the install on my Eldorado (basically a California). If you are good at following instructions, you can do it yourself. It's not especially difficult but you will be removing a bunch of stuff to gain access to the top of the engine and then returning most of the stuff you have removed. The instructions are good and as long as you follow them it's completely doable yourself. I recently replaced the alternator belt on my bike and I thought that was more difficult than the Todd's fueling mods.

You will see a HUGE difference in the way it runs with the fueling mod.
Garwood.

Hi Rob!

We’re Ohio neighbors.

I have a 2012 Stelvio with the full setup from Todd. Best investment I ever made on the motorcycle. Runs spot on perfect all the time. Runs cooler as well. I highly recommend it. A+++

It is not hard to install and I am sure you could do it. Just work slow and calmly following the directions.

However, if you didn’t want to do it yourself, and you don’t want to have somebody do it who has never done this before, you could bring it to my shop in Findlay (about 100 miles). We could do it while you wait and then you could ride it home again.

However, nothing changed the heat profile as much as when my best friend and I sent our exhaust headers to Jet Hot Coatings and had them ceramic coated inside and out. The heat stays in the pipe and goes out the exhaust in the rear. The difference in felt heat was unbelievable. Both of us agreed on this. I would highly recommend it. Besides, the pipe always looks great and they have many finishes and colors to pick from.

I cannot say enough good things about Jet Hot Coatings.

A90220A8 5E3C 41B8 8860 F2CBD2D72FD3 14035E80 896E 4099 80C4 1D74B0DBCB03

Last edited:
Back