• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Canadian Moto guzzi dealer in Toronto

No Cory,

I'm the guy who bought the 1200 sport from MI and rode it back a couple of weeks after you did the same with the Stelvio :D

If I have time I am going to try and stop in there tomorrow morning, but with no service on Saturdays, I'm not sure it will accomplish anything.

coldcanuck said:
SKurj said:
Almost a week and still no response to my email...

Pick up the phone and call him. If there's one thing I've learnt in my work career it's that it's tougher to ignore a phone call as opposed to an e-mail. It's also tougher to ignore a person standing in front of your face than to ignore a phone call!!!

Are you the Stelvio owner contacting them to replace the paint-peeling tank cover with BMW Toronto? I have the same problem and would be interested in hearing their reaction.

Cory
I emailed Gearhead and cc Piaggio Group Americas this week for the paint peeling thing .... I'll wait till next week to follow-up.

SKurj said:
No Cory,

I'm the guy who bought the 1200 sport from MI and rode it back a couple of weeks after you did the same with the Stelvio :D

Oh...welcome, Martyn.

I actually found the guy I was looking for from the ADVrider group a bit of luck there. He's a Stelvio owner moving to TO so maybe you can hook up, form a chain gang and harrass the Bay Street investment bankers in their rarely-user BMW touring machines!

Cory

Well I visited BMW Toronto this weekend.

When I finally got to speak to someone at the parts counter...

Oh for bike parts you normally have to go around the back, but they aren't open weekends.... Anyways, she then tried to help...

Her: So what kind of bike is it?
Me: A Moto Guzzi
Her: Is that a BMW?
Me: errmm No..
Her: A Scooter?

Anyways, she ran in back to talk to someone, eventually coming back to tell me that they have no stock at all at the moment and that they are expecting some inventory mid week. Also, the dealership hasn't worked out how they are going to manage it yet, and that they will be meeting this week to determine that.

In the end I left my number and was told someone would get back to me this week. (and Tim was there on Saturday, but I was short on time)

Sorry to be a cynic folks but right now I'm getting up from the floor, you see I fell down laughing when I read the last post. They are not going to save you! What I said in my original post is true, Mr. Tim didn't even acknowledge it. As a person running a business how could you ignore that if it was presented to you? You couldn't if you cared about what you were doing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

FrostBittenCanadian said:
Sorry to be a cynic folks but right now I'm getting up from the floor, you see I fell down laughing when I read the last post.
I'm not sure it's fair to run BMW TO into the ground before they even get up and running. Given them a chance to at least prove what they're willing to do for the brand. It's evident that Piaggio US is a pretty f***ked up and possibly understaffed company, so getting a new dealership up and running is probably not an overnight activity. Not too mention that the dealership opportunity was probably only first presented to them a few months back. My understanding is that BMW TO is tight for space and thus they are wanting to punt the motorcycle operations into a new building, so if that's the case it makes sense not to get a lot of (or any) inventory until the space planning is complete.

Cory

I guess we're all entitled to our opinions, maybe I'm the only one who finds it obscene to ask for a deposit to 'allow one to look at a bike' ( not test ride it, look at it ) or that staff don't even know what your newest product is.
FBC

I guess we're all entitled to our opinions, maybe I'm the only one who finds it obscene to ask for a deposit to 'allow one to look at a bike' ( not test ride it, look at it ) or that staff don't even know what your newest product is.
FBC

WTF? I must have missed a post somewhere. I've never heard of a dealership anywhere, selling anything, that asks for a deposit just to "look" at a product! Is this for real? It sounds like some kind of a joke.

Bruce

No Bruce I'm not joking! (see the first few posts) Before the F800gs showed up in dealers showrooms I went 'round to check one out before I bought my Stelvio. I was told they were all sold and they only way I would be able to see one is if I left the aforementioned deposit. You can imagine what I was thinking to myself. That was the second BMW dealer in southern Ontario that acted like I should be honoured to be allowed to buy one of their products. Toronto was the most ridiculous though. Hence BMWs were quickly taken of the short list. Consequently I bought a Guzzi that cost a lot more than the 800gs would have. Glad I bought the Guzzi 'cause despite the early problems I had I believe I'm much happier than I would have been with the 800 ( I see a coworkers daily). If I hadn't been taken for a fool I probably would have bought one as they cost around what I originally intended to spend. It's a shame the way bike dealers ( a lot, not all ) treat people with hard earned money to spend. Hence I figure that until ( if and when they ever do ) Piaggio get their act together up here in Canada we're pretty much going to be left to our own resources. Fortunately maintaining and repairing my bike is not beyond my capabilities. I wish everyone who will need to rely on such dealers the best of luck!
P.S. I'm not trying to slag them. I hope they will do it right. What I have related IS personal experience! not a story I heard. I would dearly love to be able to run down the road to be able to get parts I need or take my bike in to be serviced right, if I didn't feel like doing it :p
FBC

No Bruce I'm not joking! (see the first few posts) Before the F800gs showed up in dealers showrooms I went 'round to check one out before I bought my Stelvio. I was told they were all sold and they only way I would be able to see one is if I left the aforementioned deposit. You can imagine what I was thinking to myself. That was the second BMW dealer in southern Ontario that acted like I should be honoured to be allowed to buy one of their products. Toronto was the most ridiculous though. Hence BMWs were quickly taken of the short list. Consequently I bought a Guzzi that cost a lot more than the 800gs would have. Glad I bought the Guzzi 'cause despite the early problems I had I believe I'm much happier than I would have been with the 800 ( I see a coworkers daily). If I hadn't been taken for a fool I probably would have bought one as they cost around what I originally intended to spend. It's a shame the way bike dealers ( a lot, not all ) treat people with hard earned money to spend. Hence I figure that until ( if and when they ever do ) Piaggio get their act together up here in Canada we're pretty much going to be left to our own resources. Fortunately maintaining and repairing my bike is not beyond my capabilities. I wish everyone who will need to rely on such dealers the best of luck!
P.S. I'm not trying to slag them. I hope they will do it right. What I have related IS personal experience! not a story I heard. I would dearly love to be able to run down the road to be able to get parts I need or take my bike in to be serviced right, if I didn't feel like doing it :p
FBC

Wow! Unreal. :eek:

Hence I figure that until ( if and when they ever do ) Piaggio get their act together up here in Canada we're pretty much going to be left to our own resources. Fortunately maintaining and repairing my bike is not beyond my capabilities. I wish everyone who will need to rely on such dealers the best of luck!

It's not a bad thing. When I got my bike I wasn't prepared to do any maintenance on it beyond a basic oil change. I'm at the stage where I have more money than time (don't misinterpret this statement - I actually have very little of either), so I was prepared to pay the dealer $500 every year for the obligatory annual once-over. Now that I realize my dealer is as useless as tits on a boar and that I'm on my own with only the assistance of good people over the Internet, I have begun acquiring the specialty tools and knowledge I need and expect to do most of my own work for the near future (commonly referred to as the "sink or swim" approach). Obviously some things will be beyond my skill set and/or inclination, but there's some good independent mechanics around town that can do that stuff for me.

I know there are people in the same position as me on this board and I think we are all the better for it. I'm just a little disappointed that Piaggio is letting this BS go on because it is turning people away from MG/Aprilia bikes and driving them into the arms of BMW and other competitors.

Cory

Yup I am kind of in a similar boat...

I just live a little closer to the pseudo-dealer... The parts guy did call me today promising to call me back with a price... that was more than 4 hours ago..

But anyways, one of the selling points for me on the Guzzi was the fact that the regular maintenance tasks I figured I could do myself.. well I will learn anyways. My bike is presently sitting in the garage with no oil in it while I wait for an oil filter to show up... I bought an oil filter wrench from MI, and then once I got back here to Ontario I visited an ex-guzzi dealer and picked up a UFI filter... well what do ya know.. I discovered once I had the old filter off that the wrench (cup thing) doesn't fit the UFI - 8 flukes vs 14, MI had installed a HiFlo HF551. GPBikes came through though and got me the HiFlo basically overnight. so I will pick them up tomorrow so I can finish its 10,000km service. Also going to put Amsoil 75-90SVG in trans and carc while i am at it.

coldcanuck said:
Hence I figure that until ( if and when they ever do ) Piaggio get their act together up here in Canada we're pretty much going to be left to our own resources. Fortunately maintaining and repairing my bike is not beyond my capabilities. I wish everyone who will need to rely on such dealers the best of luck!

It's not a bad thing. When I got my bike I wasn't prepared to do any maintenance on it beyond a basic oil change. I'm at the stage where I have more money than time (don't misinterpret this statement - I actually have very little of either), so I was prepared to pay the dealer $500 every year for the obligatory annual once-over. Now that I realize my dealer is as useless as tits on a boar and that I'm on my own with only the assistance of good people over the Internet, I have begun acquiring the specialty tools and knowledge I need and expect to do most of my own work for the near future (commonly referred to as the "sink or swim" approach). Obviously some things will be beyond my skill set and/or inclination, but there's some good independent mechanics around town that can do that stuff for me.

I know there are people in the same position as me on this board and I think we are all the better for it. I'm just a little disappointed that Piaggio is letting this BS go on because it is turning people away from MG/Aprilia bikes and driving them into the arms of BMW and other competitors.

Cory

This reminds me of the unofficial Moto Guzzi slogan I read on one of the forums: "Moto Guzzi - turning owners into mechanics since 1921." :p

coldcanuck said:
Now that I realize my dealer is as useless as tits on a boar and that I'm on my own with only the assistance of good people over the Internet.
Cory

Well I searched the web for tits on a boar ........it ain't a pretty image :S

coldcanuck said:
I'm just a little disappointed that Piaggio is letting this BS go on because it is turning people away from MG/Aprilia bikes and driving them into the arms of BMW and other competitors.

You hit it dead on!!!

DanPez said:
coldcanuck said:
Now that I realize my dealer is as useless as tits on a boar and that I'm on my own with only the assistance of good people over the Internet.
Cory

Well I searched the web for tits on a boar ........it ain't a pretty image :S

Sorry...I forgot there are non-native English speaking members on the board that may not understand what a "boar" is. Maybe "aussi inutile que seins sur une nonne" better communicates the lack of utility to you?

Cory

coldcanuck said:
Sorry...I forgot there are non-native English speaking members on the board that may not understand what a "boar" is. Maybe "aussi inutile que seins sur une nonne" better communicates the lack of utility to you?
Cory

No...No don’t get me wrong I understand the expression quite well it’s that I’ve been living and dealing in this province for quite a while and am fascinated by the written slang people use in their threads.
It just cracks me up seeing the written expressions and imaginations we use to show others how we feel.
So when you wrote “Now that I realize my dealer is as useless as tits on a boar”
My analytical side has a tendency to visualize the expression …… one of my many defects! :whistle:

I think this expression would have fit quite well also “Now that I realize my dealer is as useless as a spare prick at a wedding:)
Not bad for an Italian/French/Canadian eh?

DanPez said:
coldcanuck said:
Cory

No...No don’t get me wrong I understand the expression quite well it’s that I’ve been living and dealing in this province for quite a while and am fascinated by the written slang people use in their threads.
It just cracks me up seeing the written expressions and imaginations we use to show others how we feel.
So when you wrote “Now that I realize my dealer is as useless as tits on a boar”
My analytical side has a tendency to visualize the expression …… one of my many defects! :whistle:

I think this expression would have fit quite well also “Now that I realize my dealer is as useless as a spare prick at a wedding:)
Not bad for an Italian/French/Canadian eh?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have it on good authority that another official Aprilia dealership is about to open north of Toronto (somewhere near Flagstaff and Steeles?) by someone who knows bikes and has been described to me by a competitor of his that he is the best mechanic in town. I was told about 2 to 3 weeks about that long ago so should be opening any time soon. not sure what other bikes they are to sell and service. I am only interested in Aprilia for now.

anyone else hear anything about this?

by the way, my initial visit to BMW Motorrad in Toronto was a very positive one. they have all bikes on the third floor and if there are stuffy car salesmen on other floors, you won’t see them. staff was young and helpful and appeared knowledgeable.

Only dealer that comes to mind up that way is Kahuna (near steeles and 400)... think I did see a Benelli in the showroom there a couple of years ago..

Took BMW toronto a week to get back to me on parts I needed and then they said it would be nearly 2 weeks until they came in. Fair enough, I have a day off next Monday, so I may pay them a visit seeing as I will have more time to wander the place.

Skurj, I have been advised that the new MG dealership will open on Sept 1. will be near 407 and Langstaff.

I was in the Bimmer dealership today again and they are starting to get a whole lot of more bikes - Aprilia mostly but others too I believe as i was focused on the Aprilias.

take care

Back