• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Canadian Moto guzzi dealer in Toronto

I think we should give BMW a chance. I went to the dealership on two occasions over the last three weeks and spoke with Tim and Paul. Both were very enthusiastic about carrying Moto Guzzi and both could've tried to sell me one of theirs (I'm looking for a second bike) but didn't. My first and second impressions have been very positive and I hope that it remains this way because, with the exception of a couple of guys I know, I could not be more frustrated with the service, or better still, lack of, I have received since the day a bought the bike.

ipo

Greetings.

I just joined the ranks of Guzzi owners, but I've had a 1998 BMW R1200C (aka chromehead) for a dozen years.
I've only had one service experience at BMW Toronto. It was an experience, but service had little to do with it.
To give them the benefit of the doubt, it was before the relatively recent ownership change. I use them for small parts periodically, but any major parts I buy from the States directly. (Not BMW Toronto's fault, it's bad BMW pricing policies).
Nothing but positives on their responses to parts requests. Fortunately there is an excellent forum for chromeheads on the web, so maintenance is not a problem.

If it's true from a prior post that there is an MG dealer opening up near 407/Langstaff, I'd like to hear more, since I'm only five minutes (less on a Griso) from there!

Eric

Well, My bike went in for a cracked fork tube fitting. After numerous e-mails and a visit to find out what was going on, I was no wiser than knowing Guzzi approved the claim. 3 weeks passed. ( the brutal part!!) I paid another visit, when I met the man who is now in charge of the service dept. ( previous guy caused the brutal comment) His name is John Hendrick ( guy to see if you need service there.) He did what needed to be done, got the parts and the bike fixed in 7 days. If you read this John ,Thank you!! Unfortunately initial experience with them sucked. After the person I dealt with changed it was all good. If they carry out service like I got in week 4 place should be good.
FBC

pete roper said:
I'd dearly love to attend one of these 'Trade Schools'. From what I understand they offer courses that are a few weeks or at most a few months long?

I think it is a damning endictment of the society we live in and the value put on 'Trades' nowadays that ANYONE could think that there is so little skill and knowledge involved in working on vehicles that it could all be learnt in a few weeks or months.

At least in Oz we still have the pretence of an apprenticeship system in the metal trades. 4 to 5 years to get your trade certificate. Doesn't always work but its a lot better than 'Trade School'.

Pete

Actually Pete I attended Fairview College (GPRC) motorcycle pre employment in Alberta last year. The course is 8 months plus a 6 week practicum, and by far gets further into "mechanics" than the Alberta Apprentice program at the same school. The instructors there really poopoo the word technician. The sad part in Canada is that in many provinces the trade "Motorcycle Mechanic" is a voluntary trade.

coldcanuck said:
So I stopped in that the BMW Motorrad dealer here in Ottawa to pick up some 10-60 and had a chat with one of the sales people. Very interesting. He said the Piaggio people were in this or last week trying to get them to pick up the line. They wouldn't do it, although I wish they had. They're a pretty committed dealership and would have at least given the brand a fighting chance.

Apparently the BMW TO dealership is bursting at the seams because they're selling cars like there is no tomorrow (probably thanks to our strong petro-dollar). So the (relatively new) owners want to boot the motorcycle operations into a new building, but fear the BMW motorcycle dealership won't be profitable on its own. So to augment BMW motorcycles sales they've picked the available Piaggio dealership for the Toronto area (because there was none at all). Apparently the new owners figure they're going to sell 50 Guzzis and 100 Aprilias a year (to put this into comparison, the sales person I was talking to said the Piaggio reps said they only sold 16 bikes in Canada last year, although I don't know if he meant all new Guzzis or just '09 model year because Canada seems to be awash with '07 and '08 Guzzis on showroom floors.) The staff thing they're smoking crack, and I'm tending to support that view as well. The natural push will be to push Beemers to everyone that walks in the door. Further, MG/Aprilia brand marketing is essentially non-existent. It's gonna take some $$$ to establish the brand in the local community.

I hope they do. It'll certainly be a shot in the arm for the brand. To do so, however, either they or Piaggio are going to have to invest heavily in advertising to get the brand in front of the bike-buying public. Like I said before, it's tough trying to run a motorcycle company when you sell 8,000 bikes a year and your competitors are selling 110k to 500k.

Cory

Sadly I dont think any German Mega Dealership is going to help Guzzi any more than The Canadian Scooter Corp did. Over the past few years I haven't really been interested in anything much Guzzi has offered in the way of new bikes, save the 750 Retro.
Pretty much the same feeling I had for the much touted Ducati 999 of 2003 which wound up warming the floors of Ducati showrooms. Im terribly sorry I just dont care for Pierre Terblanche's work.

Hello there Guzzi riders,

Just thought I would see how everyone is doing out there what with the temps starting to dip into the negatives. Also I would like to introduce myself, Matthew is the name and helping turn owning a Moto Guzzi into a non stop joy is my game. I will be dedicating my time fully to any of your Guzzi needs. So if there is anything you need or any questions you have feel free to let me know. You can email me at Matthew.Quesnel@bmwtoronto.ca.

Also, any feedback or advice on whats been missing in the Canadian Moto Guzzi world would be amazing.

bmwtoronto said:

Just thought I would see how everyone is doing out there what with the temps starting to dip into the negatives. Also I would like to introduce myself, Matthew is the name and helping turn owning a Moto Guzzi into a non stop joy is my game. I will be dedicating my time fully to any of your Guzzi needs. So if there is anything you need or any questions you have feel free to let me know. You can email me at Matthew.Quesnel@bmwtoronto.ca.

Also, any feedback or advice on whats been missing in the Canadian Moto Guzzi world would be amazing.

Hey Matthew, nice to see you on the forum! I'm still riding my Stelvio and will continue to do so until the city starts dumping salt on the road (which may not be too far away, judging by the forecast for the next few days). Are you going to be at the Toronto Motorcycle Show in December? If so, I'll make sure to stop by and introduce myself.

Cheers,

Bruce

bmwtoronto said:

I guess my feedback would be trying to reach out to your customer base like you have done is great. Hopefully with parts and service support from Piaggio it will work out well. There seems to be a trend happening here with BMW and Guzzi in the same store in Vancouver as well.

bmwtoronto said:

Nice Facebook page, Matthew! Just wondering - I have been reading conflicting reports on when the new Stelvios will be coming to North America. Some reports say the latter half of 2011,others not until 2012. I am not concerned on my own behalf, as I have a one-year old Stella myself, but I hope Moto Guzzi will bring it over in time to capture a little more adventure-tour market penetration, especially now that Yamaha is bringing in the Super Tenere and Triumph has an adventure-tourer as well. I would hate to see Guzzi miss the boat on this, as I believe that the new Stelvio with the 32 litre fuel tank is now pretty close to being a perfect motorcycle! :D

Cheers,

Bruce

BravoBravo said:
bmwtoronto said:

Nice Facebook page, Matthew! Just wondering - I have been reading conflicting reports on when the new Stelvios will be coming to North America. Some reports say the latter half of 2011,others not until 2012. I am not concerned on my own behalf, as I have a one-year old Stella myself, but I hope Moto Guzzi will bring it over in time to capture a little more adventure-tour market penetration, especially now that Yamaha is bringing in the Super Tenere and Triumph has an adventure-tourer as well. I would hate to see Guzzi miss the boat on this, as I believe that the new Stelvio with the 32 litre fuel tank is now pretty close to being a perfect motorcycle! :D

Cheers,

Bruce

I am bumping this, as I haven't seen a post back from Matthew. From what I have seen on the Toronto Motorcycle Show website, it looks like MG is not bringing in the Stelvio or Norge. Say it ain't so, Matthew, the two best and most interesting models in the Guzzi lineup will not be brought to Canada in 2011? I am looking ahead to the time when I will eventually have to replace my Stelvio, and I am becoming concerned about the future of Moto Guzzi in this country. But I guess that is nothing new, as I gather from speaking to my friends who have been diehard Guzzista for many years now...

Bruce

Hey guys!

Sorry its taken me a little while to write back on here. So I don't have any exact dates on the delivery but we will be getting in BOTH the Norge and the Stelvio NXT. As soon as I know when they are supposed to be landing I will be on here to let everyone know.

Happy riding!

bmwtoronto said:
Hey guys!

Sorry its taken me a little while to write back on here. So I don't have any exact dates on the delivery but we will be getting in BOTH the Norge and the Stelvio NXT. As soon as I know when they are supposed to be landing I will be on here to let everyone know.

Happy riding!

Hey Matthew, you better spread the word to your colleagues at BMW Toronto. The guys I spoke to today at the Piaggio display in the Toronto Motorcycle Show were under the impression that you would not be getting either the Stelvio or the Norge this year. Sorry I missed you. I did ask if you were around, but couldn't track you down to say hi.

Bruce

Twinsport said:
Sadly I dont think any German Mega Dealership is going to help Guzzi any more than The Canadian Scooter Corp did. Over the past few years I haven't really been interested in anything much Guzzi has offered in the way of new bikes, save the 750 Retro.
Pretty much the same feeling I had for the much touted Ducati 999 of 2003 which wound up warming the floors of Ducati showrooms. Im terribly sorry I just dont care for Pierre Terblanche's work.

havent heard from these guys lately on here.....

Twinsport said:
Twinsport said:

havent heard from these guys lately on here.....

They did have a Guzzi display at the Toronto Motorcycle Show in December and at the Supershow in January, so I think they are still on board.

Bruce

See the next thread down the list,and it is confirmed...they're out. By order of the Canadian branch of the Bavarian mothership I'm told, by employees of BMW Toronto themselves. C'est la vie.
FBC

FrostBittenCanadian said:
See the next thread down the list,and it is confirmed...they're out. By order of the Canadian branch of the Bavarian mothership I'm told, by employees of BMW Toronto themselves. C'est la vie.
FBC

Hmm, deja vu all over again! Seems like the only constant in the world of Guzzi is change. I wondered from the get-go how BMW would feel about sharing the sandbox at one of their premier dealerships. Guess that question has been answered! :(

Bruce

Back