• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Dealer in Alabama

john zibell

Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
The BMW dealer in Birmingham is now also a Moto Guzzi dealer. The owner seem enthusiastic about the brand. He sent one of his Techs to school on the June 3rd. Guzzi won't send him a 1400 Cali until he has a school trained tech. New bikes arrived the 6th of June and they have models on the floor. This is their URL http://www.bmwmotorcyclesofbirmingham.com/

The owner also has plans to move the shop from it's current location in the city, to near Barber's Track facility. It will be on the same side as the Hampton Hotel, two lots toward the track entrance. The new location will make access to the shop much easier.

That's a good news...

But I can't help to ask...Do you have good faith in this dealer? I mean, do they have a good reputation?
The BMW dealers in Daytona and Orlando are about useless so I wouldn't trust them with another brand as well.
We have the Fort Myers new dealer and I hope that they''ll represent the brand well.

Pascal said:
That's a good news...

But I can't help to ask...Do you have good faith in this dealer? I mean, do they have a good reputation?
The BMW dealers in Daytona and Orlando are about useless so I wouldn't trust them with another brand as well.
We have the Fort Myers new dealer and I hope that they''ll represent the brand well.

This dealer is relatively new with BMW and hasn't established a track record yet. I'd say the jury is still out.

I'm inclined to give a business the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. Having spoken with the owner, I believe he will act in good faith.

With the track record of other BMW and Guzzi dealers in the Birmingham area (none have lasted long) it will be a tough road for them in this market, but I wish them well. Many of the long time BMW riders in the region were spoiled by a very good dealer that was in Vinemont Alabama. His location was far off the beaten path, down a country road and there would be no drive by traffic for his location. But he was good and people sought him out. For many years he was the top dealer in the region if not the country. Corporate BMW made life so bad for him he eventually told them to stuff it and closed shop. BMW corporate wanted a dealer in Birmingham. Now they have had several and so far none have lasted very long.

The BMW/Ducati/Triumph dealer in Daytona was good up until 4,5 years ago when it changed ownership.
The new owner replaced all the personnel including the good mechanics, lol.
I wouldn't let them even wash my bike now,
Idiots!

Just learned the BMW/Guzzi dealer in Birmingham has closed. Couldn't make enough to keep the doors open.

"Just learned the BMW/Guzzi dealer in Birmingham has closed. Couldn't make enough to keep the doors open."

That's too bad but it happens a lot. I had a dealership in Indianapolis 17-18 years ago selling Moto Guzzi, triumph, and Ducati. They were a hard sell in a Harley and Honda town. I only lasted two years.

Back