• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Griso 8v

rguzz

Tuned and Synch'ed
I've just been offered a large discount (14%) to shift a dealers last 08 griso 8v, delivered in box May 08, zero miles.
This is compared to full price for a fresh 09 unit.
Am I missing a trick, does this represent a good deal or not, considering 8 month difference in delivery dates ?
Any mechanical improvements in that time?

Nope.. it's a great deal !! You get a great bike, with a brand new warranty, at a bargin price !

Go for it!

I've been told around 13K plus prep $275-500 depending on 09 models for a total of $13,500 (by two dealers), so 14% sounds pretty decent, just go with the dealer that appears more oriented to Guzzi. Some dealers that sell alot of Japanese manufactured bikes put most of their effort in servicing them, etc....... but obviously all dealers are different. I would really shop around on the 09, if you're being quoted full price, you are dealing with the wrong people.

If you do a search for into on the Griso 1200 and the Stelvio you'll find that there have been problems, as far as I know none yet in the USA, with the top end of the 8V motor. Note that this has only occurred on a very small proportion of bikes and the factory IS addressing the issue although they aren't publicizing it.

The 08 and the 09 are the same bike, if you can get a good deal on an 08 I'd say 'Go for your life'.

I've got one of the first 8V's in Oz and it has been completely reliable. There IS a 2nd map 'For off road use only' that greatly improves the small throttle fueling. Apart from that I STRONGLY suggest that you ask them to check the valve clearances BEFORE you ride the bike and then at the first 500mile service and then again at about 1.500. Once they stop moving you're right but mine were set far too wide at the factory, wide enough for me to worry about cam damage, but they closed up a LOT in the first 1000 miles so it IS worth being scrupulous with them until they bed in, this is a new top end after all, there isn't the wealth of long term experience out there yet that there is with the old pushrod models. Use ONLY a vey good quality 10/60-10/70 fully synthetic, ester base engine oil. Prefferably one that is SG rated.

I love mine to bits. I think its grouse!!!!

Pete

Well..... what can I say, well done Pete for finally telling it as it is. There's still a lot of learning to be done with the *v problem I still cant get around the fact that I had no inkling of a problem till 9500 miles, then went tits up within a 75mile ride. Odd

Getting back to the original question, 14%..........nah not such a good deal. With today's 'credit crunch' around the world and the fact that half the planet is covered in ice,( or is it just all the UK), I would be looking at that deal for a 09
Push him for 20% if your in the cold zone.

Gary wrote:
Well..... what can I say, well done Pete for finally telling it as it is. There's still a lot of learning to be done with the *v problem I still cant get around the fact that I had no inkling of a problem till 9500 miles, then went tits up within a 75mile ride. Odd

Look, I haven't changed anything. this is EXACTLY what I have been saying from day one, if you can't see that? I can't help you. Obviously you hven't a clue about engines, the fact that your motor failed in 75 miles is unsurprising. Once it begins it is going to happen very fast, if you can't grasp that???? Well, what can I say. It's not gradual wear, it is a part failing, once it has failed the damage will be very fast to the point of disintegration.

Gary, you fix copying machines yes? OK, I wouldn't dream of telling you how to do your bloody job and no doubt you'd get well pissed off if I described you as a Paper Filler. So why do you think you have the knowledge to tell me mine????

And also have we ever seen a pic of this Stelvio you claim to own? The only thing I've seen is a picture of an ST1100 land yacht? Great bike, if you like that sort of thing. I personally don't, I'd rather have a Breva.

Pete

Ok you going back to slagging off mode, the paper copyers I service are 400 ton, there is plenty of pic's of my Stelvio on this forum, you just had too much sun again and a few too many 4X..........sad

'Ere 'ang on, try re-reading what I posted. I said that I wouldn't dream of telling you how to do your job and you would no doubt be pissed off if I called you a paper filler. All I did was ask you to accept that I know how to do mine. Whether you think I can or not I couldn't give a fat rats arse but I am getting pissed off at the constant slagging off of the bike and Guzzi as a whole..
As I say, if its so terrible sell it and move on quite frankly I don't think anyone will give a fig.

Pete

Thanks for feedback.
As Pete highlights, will be paying particular attention to valve clearances, from day one.
All being well, should get machine end of March.
This valve issue certainly won't put me off getting one, as I'll give it loving care. Plus this forum is a good help.

Back