Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

New Griso owner

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by defun, Mar 29, 2013.

1. defun

defun Just got it firing!

Hi all,
    After searching for almost an year to get hold of Tenni green griso I finally found one (just about to give up and buy a monster instead). Loving the bike although I feel it rides quite a bit different from my last bike I guess I need to adjust my riding to suit griso. Still early days for griso with only 800 miles. I been reading old posts to educate myself on griso. Just wanted to say hi to fellow griso owners.
    Thanks,

Attached Files:

2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Congrats and welcome to the Famiglia & Forum! The LE G8V is certainly a stunner.

You're going to love it. Be sure to get the suspension properly set, and when you're ready to let the horsepower out and allow it to run significantly cooler, happy to be of help.

Looks like CA is gathering a great deal of the Tenni G8Vs. Mine should be on its way this coming week from IL.

3. defun

Thanks Todd. I'll be contacting you about reflash and what other things it need to run it smooth.
    Thanks

4. draidt

draidt GT Reference GT Contributor

Welcome to the Tenni SE club !

[​IMG]

5. kampe

kampe Cruisin' Guzzisti

Welcome to the club and enjoy your bike. Might take some getting used to but is certainly worth your while.

6. Dulcenea

Dulcenea Tuned and Synch'ed

Glad your patience finally paid off for you! Congrats on the new beauty!

7. MincerRay

MincerRay Just got it firing!

Congrats to you, and to me. I"m also a new Griso owner in the South bay! The bike is a 2012 with 7K miles. This isn't my first Guzzi, though. That would be my 1972 Eldorado.

[​IMG]

8. wittangamo

wittangamo Cruisin' Guzzisti

MincerRay,

Nice SE. That looks like a Mistral muffler. Wondering if you had any mounting or clearance issues with the M-G saddlebags?

9. MincerRay

There is about an inch clearance between the Mistral and MG bag. So far so good. I sure wish the bags were a little bigger, or at least a regular shape to hold my 13" laptop.

-steve

10. wittangamo

wittangamo Cruisin' Guzzisti

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm getting ready to mount a pair of those bags and was worried the upswept Mistral would cause trouble.

I use an M-G tail bag and rack for commuter runs. My iPad fits inside the bag. On the rare occasions when I need my 17" laptop, I can bungee a messenger bag securely on the rack.

11. defun

Thanks guys :). I have a question when slowing down in traffic in second gear there is loud noise coming out is this normal and do you guys do rev match when downshifting. I feel the downshifting is not that smooth and engine breaking is pretty severe when slowing down in traffic and anything close to 6k rpm bike vibrates like crazy. It had 600 miles service done. Are these all guzzi's traits or do I need to pay attention to anything.

Thank you.

12. MincerRay

Hi defun,

The only noise I hear is the clutch rattling, and that's only in neutral with the clutch engaged (hand off the lever).

I try to match the revs when I downshift and upshift. If I don't when I downshift and I'm not smooth, the sudden change in engine speed will torque the bike to the left a little.

I haven't noticed strong vibes in the higher rev range, but maybe I"m too focused on hanging on!

Hopefully your service included a throttle body sync and TPS reset. I hear these aren't set properly from the factory, and may account for some of your issues.

We should get together and compare bikes. Mine seems to be fine with no issues. The fueling is good, if a little touchy off idle, but not as bad as other FI bikes I"ve had. The best off idle fueling is my Buell XB12Ss. That is very smooth.

Man do I love this thing! It's quite an aggressive bike, and I thought my Buell was aggressive!

I"m planning on going to the Guzzi get together tonight in Alviso. PM me if you'd like details.

-steve

13. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

Mine will clunk when downshifting, more so when cold. When it warms up it mostly goes away. I reckon that is from the gears being helical, which generates side forces as well as rotational forces. Then the side to side clearance allows the gears/shaft to smack the other side.
    Smoothness and proper throttle also help. If not already done, take all the excess slack out of the throttle cables.
    As the motor breaks in it will improve considerably. But proper set up with regard to TB sync, TPS, etc., is key. You can't rely on the factory getting it right. That is where a good dealer becomes worth more then a cheap dealer.
    Also, try to keep the rpms above 2 - 3k, some will say above 3 - 4k.

Funny about the engine braking. I found mine had not enough thanks to the stepper motor. It also messed me up with regard to matching rpms when down shifting so I put a valve on it to give me the ability to turn it off. I only use it when starting from cold.

14. tjablons

tjablons Just got it firing!

Nice bike Dan. Where are the fly screen and chin spoiler from?