RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Happy 2019! Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny one man operation. Thanks for your patience on orders. GuzziTech is now back to our origins; Enjoy the Guzzi Community Forum and Resources here. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx®) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine from 2000 until 2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

New Griso selling for $8k?!

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by jdub, Apr 3, 2019.

1. jdub

jdub Tuned and Synch'ed

2. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Tuned and Synch'ed

I don't think there will be a liquid-cooled Guzzi in the foreseeable future...

3. Trout

Trout GT Reference

I've seen a few on ebay also.
    There was an Audace for a little over 8k with low mileage.

Poppe likes this.
  4. Mondo Endo

Mondo Endo Just got it firing!

Euro cycle has multiple dealers offering the same deal. While the sale price is cheap the fee's bring it back up to more than what others are selling it out the door for. I bought my 17 in Feb from GP in San Diego for $8989. no fees other than tax and license so about $9700 and change OTD which was a few hundred less than the $7999. at Euro cycle with their added fee's. Either way a fantastic deal on a damn awesome bike. I paid much more for my first Griso back in 2012.

5. jdub

jdub Tuned and Synch'ed

Mondo, do you know what the fees ended up being at Euro Cycle?

6. Mondo Endo

Around $1200. if I remember correctly, then tax and license. This is based on my shopping and purchase in Feb of this year.

7. Adam Davis

Adam Davis Tuned and Synch'ed GT Site Contributor!

I got mine from the original owner last April. It had 2300 miles on it from a cycle trader add that ran for a month. 2013 1200 SE with a snake bite nick on the fat part of factory dual silencer. Fully rollerized and immaculate. Get this $4200.00 and it was only 40 miles from my house. I will never sell it and want no other bike. No changes necessary unless I up the displacement to 1380ish....I'm a happy Guzzer! And have been from day one. Enjoy newbies, welcome and prepare for plenty of rear tire changes:)

8. Midnite

Midnite Tuned and Synch'ed GT Site Contributor!

I was lured into a test ride at my local Eurocycle thinking that they’d be motivated to move Grisos for not much more than list. Both Sonoma (local) and Reno both wanted the equivalent of $10,200 with taxes (wouldn’t budge) which I couldn’t stomach. Ended up rolling the dice on a rollerized 2012 from AF1 with Agostini exhaust, reflashed ECU, oem panniers and some other nice bits. $6300 shipped with a fresh tune and new tires.

Poppe likes this.
  9. jdub

jdub Tuned and Synch'ed

I would've walked too. Not that $10,200 is a bad deal, but because it is so much higher than advertised. Let me guess - a bunch of dealer prep fees?

10. Midnite

Midnite Tuned and Synch'ed GT Site Contributor!

Yep: non-negotiable dealer fees. I was prepared to pay up to $9k, but neither would give an inch. Sonoma told me that they have buyers in Europe who will pay asking price, but they appear to have moved only one of the 8 or so they had in stock over a month ago.

11. Adam Davis

Adam Davis Tuned and Synch'ed GT Site Contributor!

I'm just so highly amazed of how limited the interest is in these battleproof Italian motor cycles. But its unique quality is an added richness to the brands mystique.
    Everyone loves a bargain no doubt, but I would definitely pay full list price knowing what I know now.....

Midnite likes this.
  12. jdub

jdub Tuned and Synch'ed

The desirableness of the bike is not at issue, nor its worth. If two dealers sell the bike for about the same price, I'm going with the one who doesn't employ a fake advertised price to lure unsuspecting customers.

Midnite and Mayakovski like this.
  13. vagrant

vagrant Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Amen! Nothing pissesmeoff more than deceptive business practices.

Midnite likes this.
  14. MarkyMark

MarkyMark Just got it firing!

I’m going to do a shout out to Spirit Motorcycles down in San Jose CA. They sold me my 2017 for $8k plus only tax and title. A little bit of negotiating but absolutely no dealer fees. I also got a great deal on an extended warranty (5 additional years for total of 7). Whole thin cost me just south of $10.5k out the door. (For the skeptics I’ve had great luck with the extended warranties. Peace of mind for me....)

Dale Baker likes this.
  15. jdub

jdub Tuned and Synch'ed

Now that's more like it! Was this recent?

16. MarkyMark

A month ago. Jonathan was the manager who I worked with. He’s a straight shooter. I got both the extended warranty and a wheel warranty from them. The wheel warranty was possibly not a ton of value, but it was cheap.... and they wanted it to have some profit. Still, for under $10.5, couldn’t pass it up. Love the bike. Ready for my break in maintenance.

17. Mondo Endo

How much was the warranty? $8k plus tax and license should be way less than $10.5. Like i said here before $8989. plus tax and license equals $9700. otd here in So Ca.

18. MarkyMark

Sorry for the delay, had to dig up my purchase docs. So rough numbers are: Total purchase price $10300.
    - $105 Registration fee
    - $400 for 60 month wheel and tire warranty
    - $1000 for 84 month extended warranty (through RPM One)
    - $213 for registration
    - $7995 for the bike (they split it between bike and setup)
    - $672 for tax

I think that more or less adds up. . . . Hope it helps

jdub likes this.
  19. vagrant

vagrant Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Ride it like you stole it because you did.

20. MarkyMark

Thanks! Like I said, Spirit Motorcycles in San Jose was great to work with.....