Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

New GT-Rx® Griso slip-ons

Discussion in 'GT-Rx® Exhausts' started by GT-Rx®, Jan 4, 2010.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

In addition to the GT-Rx® pipes shown HERE -- I am now offering the two variants shown below for the Griso 11 & 8V, in left or right side exit like linked/shown above. Cost would be $549.95 in stainless or $689.95 in carbon -OR- for the right side exit; $849.95 Stainless or $989.95 in carbon. All come with a removable db-killer - sound with it in, is similar to stock.
    Contact me direct to order; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Carbon (no db-killer):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stainless (shown w/db-killer in):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SMChris

SMChris Tuned and Synch'ed

Re: New GT-Rx Griso slip-ons

Todd,

The new pipes look nice, but I really like my GT-Rx original version. That being said are either of the pipes quiet enough to be an alternate for Laguna Seca, and if so will the rest of my right side plumbing work with the new pipe? I'd like to try a track day at Laguna sometime since it is so close, but really don't want to have to pull out all the old hardware.

Chris

3. GT-Rx®

Chris, we certainly could make a connector pipe to mate the the R/S y-pipe that runs under the trans. With the db-killer in, I couldn't imagine it wouldn't pass... it's nearly as quiet as stock with it in.

4. SMChris

SMChris Tuned and Synch'ed

Even though I knew what your answer would be, my checkbook was hoping it couldn't be done ;) . Now I need to decide whether Laguna is worth the expense, or just put the money toward a trailer to make trips to other tracks easier.

5. GT-Rx®

Chris, I think we can figure out something far more cost effective for you... pity that you'll loose all the power at/for the track.

6. alanp

alanp Tuned and Synch'ed

Those look great. I am interested in feedback on how the bike runs with these pipes. Popping? Engine fueling mods requried?

7. GT-Rx®

Thanks Alan, no takers for the Griso just yet. On the Norge & 1200 Sport, with the db-killer in, it delivers/runs similar to stock with a slight power gain in the upper RPM ranges (same as with the GRiSO) as they are a bit rich in the stock fueling. Someone here will have to comment on a Mistral or other with the db-killer out as to running with OEM ECU mapping.

All of the bikes are in need of fueling, and there is plenty to read up on here about how to go about it.

Dynojet will be officially releasing the PC-V as outlined HERE.

8. cog2803

cog2803 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Wow - I installed the GT-Rx Griso slip on last week. Not only does it look great, the bike sounds like it was supposed to sound all along. It's got a nice tone. The volume level isn't obnoxious in any way, is lighter, is well made and really helps clean up the back end of the bike.

Great job on the pipe, Todd

9. dgreenwood

dgreenwood Tuned and Synch'ed

Anyone have pics of this style in stainless on a Griso? There seems to be plenty of pictures of the original floating around but this look suits me much better.

10. grimace

grimace Tuned and Synch'ed

How about a pic of one on the right side?

11. armogida

armogida Tuned and Synch'ed

I just put the left side slip on my Griso. Sounds is perfect with no DB killer, saves weight and looks great! No popping on my bike. I looked at a bunch of slip ons and I am very happy I got this one.

12. dgreenwood

Did you get the original model (the one Todd calls the Meg) or did you get the variant pictured on page one of this thread?

13. GT-Rx®

14. dgreenwood

I took the plunge and sent in a check today, I should have one of these in a few weeks. I think I'll be the first Griso with one of these mufflers.

My plan is to decide whether I like the Db killer in or out, decide what I want to do about the airbox, and then get Todd to remap my ECU later this year.

I'll post pictures as soon as I get the new muffler bolted on.

15. dgreenwood

I received this muffler Friday and installed it Saturday morning on my 07 Griso 1100. With the db killer in, the sound is a little more aggressive than stock but nothing that could bother anyone. With the db killer out, I really like the sound. My wife, who dreams of owning a muscle car, says that my bike now has a similar sound. It is loud but I think it is just below the level where you have to worry about upsetting sleeping neighbors which is something I try to be respectful of.

Aesthetics: I don't know if it comes through in the picture but this muffler really fits the style of this bike and I couldn't be happier with how it looks. The fit and finish is outstanding. I'm one who often gets disappointed in "mail order" situations because I allow my expectations to get too high. Not in this case. I'm impressed with all aspects. Really a top notch product.

My non-expert opinion of how it affects the way the bike runs (everything is stock except the muffler):

I've only spent 60-90 minutes riding in everyday conditions the past two days, no mountain roads or aggressive riding. I didn't notice any change from stock with the db killer in. When I took it out, I noticed a difference. When accelerating aggressively it seemed like it might be pulling a little harder than usual in the low end and then really flatten out for awhile before pulling hard again. I guess this fits the generally accepted opinion of how a stock bike runs but I never noticed it too much on the stock setup. It is much more apparent now; maybe exaggerated is a good description. I was getting popping on overrun with the db killer in or out but that happens stock too, I only mention it to state that it didn't improve or worsen because of the new muffler.

I've heard people talk about the weight difference and was sure it mattered to some people but didn't expect it to be noticeable to this novice rider. I was wrong. I was really surprised that it made a difference, it just seemed to handle like a slightly smaller bike.

I'll ride some more before making up my mind but my gut tells me I'm going to stay with the db killer out, especially if opening the airbox and having Todd remap the ECU will get rid of that flat spot the way everyone says it will.

Here are a couple of pics, I'll also post some more full bike pics in the Griso Picture Thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]