Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above. WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

New GTM TTK - LED brake light kit for Stori, Anni, Carbon, Rough & Milano

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Dec 16, 2017.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

For the few that have asked... we prototyped our LED brake light kit which can use stock or aftermarket turns, or cleanly removed altogether and run the LED plate surround with turns. The LED brake light uses our solid aluminum backing cap. Pretty awesome set up compared to the cheap flimsy plastic ugly stock set up.
    NOW ONLINE HERE; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gtm-v7iii-tail-tidy-kit/

0B8FE928-72F6-4EC5-B7DE-5F80F3E09B86.jpeg

2. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

why won't it work on the plain 17 special?

3. GT-Rx®

The stock tail-light on the V7I-III Stone/Special/Racer uses a very integrated set up with the stock plastic fender. You would have to upgrade to the narrow metal fender and frame hoop (with easily removable tag assy as shown below), used only on the models noted. I can help anyone with reading this that might be, or see your local dealer.
    If I get little input here, I’ll make *just this one* available and no others.

C4D8C40A-D4D1-4DD0-BBFA-606C879BC375.jpeg 3000FB29-6DAF-418D-BF26-3F06A3FDAC9C.jpeg

4. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

I would say no and that's without even looking at the cost. Honestly I'm too cheap to want to buy a fender just to change out the tail light.
    After the last Harley in 1995 I said that's it with wasting $ on most add ons. the V7-3 got the full HB set of 3 bags ($$$$) but I plan on keeping it. I will order a Russell seat for it too soon. I consider it my new mini Goldwing tourer. At 70 it's big enough. Windshield is a 2000 version of a F15 from National cycle now on about it's fourth bike.
    The 2015 V7 got a 20 year old windshield and a set of 30 year old throw over bags. it too will get a seat and I had planned on your re programming and suspension this winter when I get to Az. where it's kept. But it looks like I might get stuck in rainy Ga. for the winter. Plus with all the changes to the V7-3 I might just trade it for a new one instead. If the 850 does show up most likely I will have one.
    My philosophy has been changed to, make a comfortable tourer first, make it run and stop better and then ride the DS out of it.

5. GT-Rx®

Poppe likes this.
  6. Spackler

Spackler Just got it firing! GT Famiglia

I'm in. Wanted something like this since I bought my Stornello. Maybe I still have some Harley owner in me but I can't resist a chance to make my bike look and run better. This kit will definitely improve the look of the bike IMO.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  7. GT-Rx®

Thanks for the post. I'll try to keep one in stock.

8. Spackler

Spackler Just got it firing! GT Famiglia

I bought the kit and got it installed this week. Fit and finish are great and I really like the way it cleans up the rear fender, even with the OE signals that I will be replacing at some point. Thanks Todd for making this available and to anyone out there that doesn't like the taillight on their Stornello I highly recommend this option.

B11B9F34-A6AA-45D2-8DA3-13E9B8FCE29A.jpeg

GT-Rx® likes this.
  9. GT-Rx®

Welcome and thanks back at you.

10. Michael Brindley

Michael Brindley Just got it firing!

Looks great and i'm trying to find out if I can buy one, not totally clear on the site, says back order only, so does that mean GT need a certain quantity of order to produce and I have to wait for ever to get the Tail Tidy kit..any idea ?

11. GT-Rx®

Thanks. Per the posts above, I sent a few to powder earlier this month. I have a three left to sell, but now waiting on more of the billet brake light backing caps at powder (since I sell them with my other kits here also), which should be done soon. I replied to your email as well. Grab one soon if you want one.

12. Michael Brindley

Michael Brindley Just got it firing!

Great, thanks for such a quick reply and i'm going to the site to order one right now !