• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

NEW GTM V7-9 AirBox Ring and DNA HF Filter

Hi,
Any data on the difference with your GP Megs, SAS + DNA filter
Would ordering a DNA filter and top ring include a new map ?
I've not had any time or interest with anyone with a V7 in the shop to do the dyno work yet. The map is ready though, and yes, as long as you have my map tool, a free map update would be included within the first year of purchase as noted.

Just got my DNA filter installed last night along with an updated fuel map from Todd. Haven't had a chance to go for a ride yet, but I would say from static testing that the bike sounds stronger, revs a little faster and starts quicker. You can really feel the air flow difference when you hold your hand over the filter and rev it up, this thing really sucks :rofl:.

Two quick points, Todd's hold down ring does not include the holder for the ECU connection or for the fuse, so those have to be tucked out of the way. Also do I need to oil this filter or anything? There is no information regarding this on the companies website and no instructions came with it.

Thanks

I’m still waiting to pick mine up in NY.
it looked like one of the pleated filters, so you need to get yourself a K&N cleaning kit.
I run a tiny squirt of oil along the fold edge, just enough to moisten the element, not dripping wet.
The color changes when “wet” so it’s easy to tell when you got it Covered

Also do I need to oil this filter or anything? There is no information regarding this on the companies website and no instructions came with it.
Thanks for the post, and the filters (like K&N) come pre-oiled, but should be cleaned and re-oiled using filter oil. K&N makes a kit that is easily accessible on Amazon or online.

Thanks for the post, and the filters (like K&N) come pre-oiled, but should be cleaned and re-oiled using filter oil. K&N makes a kit that is easily accessible on Amazon or online.
Thanks Todd, appreciate it. I'll post more about the changes once I get some riding in.

Finally got a good ride in yesterday (300KM) and I can say for certain there is a noticeable difference with the new air filter and fuel map.
The engine builds revs quicker, acceleration is stronger and the growl of the motor is deeper and more throaty. Throttle response seems quicker and smoother as well.

Out on the highway it felt like acceleration for passing was quicker, and at 150 kmph + there was more power still available than before. The motor just felt smoother as well.

Definitely worth the money. Thank Todd :)

I went out for a very short ride before dinner, and really wasn’t expecting that big a change…it already has a tune for the SAS and Exhaust.
Not until near the end on the ride while merging onto the roadway from a stop could I appreciate the full extent of the change !
I hardly had time to enjoy the ”Race to the Red line” before I hit the rev limit i‘ve set !!!
I think I need some taller gearing !
It’s crazy how little time it takes to run through the gears to get up to Highway speeds…

Thank you Todd and Company !

Last edited:
I don’t know what some one was saying about there not being a place to “attach” the ECU plug and that Fuse thing after installing the DNA filter ?

View attachment 25122
i just clipped them back on like they were :wasntme:
( I’m sure the Next one will look much better, I might have been a liberal with some of the root tooling…)

I was worried about rain getting in through the front as i ride year round. So I kept a wee bit of protection on the front end to minimize possible spray. Kept the mounts for the fuse and ecu plug. While adding some pizzazz with some metallic copper paint under the seat.

IMG 20211228 225524

I went out for a very short ride before dinner, and really wasn’t expecting that big a change…it already has a tune for the SAS and Exhaust.
Not until near the end on the ride while merging onto the roadway from a stop could I appreciate the full extent of the change !
I hardly had time to enjoy the ”Race to the Red line” before I hit the rev limit i‘ve set !!!
I think I need some taller gearing !
It’s crazy how little time it takes to run through the gears to get up to Highway speeds…

Thank you Todd and Company !
Ive hit redline with the BBK and it's still got plenty of go. It'd be nice to find a solution to the short gearing for highway stints

Same experience as all the others here! Of course it's just experiential and therefore will have a possibility for a placebo, but as far as I can tell the DNA filter helps with upper RPM pick up. I went for a short highway jaunt and passing felt easier. Easy install and (from a seat of the pants feel) a noticable difference in running! Thanks again Todd + company for great products and support!

Anyone run the DNA filter with the hold down ring in the rain? Im thinking of going for this set up. But the fact that I live in Vancouver, where we get 8 months of rain. I am a bit weary of getting raid of the air box cover and having the filter exposed.

I am running an exposed filter with a short ram intake on my car. But it is fairly well protected from water. Just not sure how protected is the filter on the V7

Thanks for any feedback
Not sure where you have got to on this, but here in New Zealand I ride through our winter also and have ridden my 2022 V7 850 Special many times on wet days and in quite heavy rain. I can comment on the air filter as mine does at times get water into it and I haven't modified the filter housing at all. Water seems to get into the filter element from the side air openings of the plastic top cover and I have seen the paper filter with water drops through its depth. I have also seen drops of water on the top of the same plastic top cover on removing the seat. I just leave the filter element in the hot water cupboard overnight to dry out.

Not sure where you have got to on this, but here in New Zealand I ride through our winter also and have ridden my 2022 V7 850 Special many times on wet days and in quite heavy rain. I can comment on the air filter as mine does at times get water into it and I haven't modified the filter housing at all. Water seems to get into the filter element from the side air openings of the plastic top cover and I have seen the paper filter with water drops through its depth. I have also seen drops of water on the top of the same plastic top cover on removing the seat. I just leave the filter element in the hot water cupboard overnight to dry out.
Ended up modifying the stock filter cover, so there is a slight bit of protection from water coming from the front of the bike.
I haven't had any issues with water getting in there, and I've ridden in several heavy downpours.

You can definitely feel the air getting sucked through the filter when the engine is running.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1696959143938.jpg
    FB_IMG_1696959143938.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 9
Back