• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New importer good experience

Ozrider58

Tuned and Synch'ed
I want share a good story.

Firstly, I would like to thank Peter Roper for his advice in this matter.

The CARC on my 2005 Breva showed metal when I changed the oil in the CARC. I took it to a local dealer and of course they were equally concerned. At that same time I was following up getting a CARC replacement breather with Peter who told me to chase up the recall that took place back in 2006.

I emailed the offices of John Sample and they were straight back asking for the VIN and CARC number. Within a couple of days thay had the recall confirmed by the factory in Italy and a new CARC on the way to my dealer. Some of the best service I have recieved on any product.

It was great to get good service.

thanks

Only thing that shits me is that someone long the way dropped a bollock as this issue was a safety recall. No bike should of left a shop without it being dealt with or its owner should of been informed and the matter addressed as a matter of urgency. I believe your bike was a one owner ex-demo bike. I find it hard to believe that the gaps were so wide that this could of slipped through. The bloody bike is SEVEN YEARS OLD where's it been hiding? What's its service history?

Pete

Pete, yes I agree about falling through the cracks. The bike was sold as a demo in Nov 2007 (4,000k) by a dealer with the old CARC (They are no longer a Guzzi dealer). Like a lot of bikes it hadnt done many miles under the first owner. In the 3 years since sale it had only done 8,000ks and hence just had a couple of oil changes. The thing is I love to ride the thing and have doubled the milage in the 10 months I have had the bike.

The lesson is we need to recognise and make known that there are still bikes out there with unsafe transmissions.

I found a copy of the original recall notice on the net and noted that there was stock available for all bikes sold and on the road but that bikes in the showroom would recieve new CARCs only after all the on the road bikes were fixed and if there was enough stock - an amazing statement I thought.

Anyway I guess we have to realise since then there is a new owner of the Guzzi brand and factory, a new distributor in Australia, and a changes in the dealer network and from my recent experience these changes seem to work well.

Finally Pete without you putting me onto the recall I would have missed it and certainly the dealer I was using didnt know of it. So thanks very much.
Michael

Michael, JSG has been the importer since day one for the CARC bikes. Problem was that in the early days they didn't understand the market and were looking at big 'showy' dealerships to promote the product so a lot of 'Dealerships' were given out without a lot of understanding about the Guzzi demographic.

While by no means perfect things have come a long way in the last few years and I have to say that my dealings with JSG are both good and cordial.The most important thing though is that at a dealer (Or service agent.) level that we communicate with the people we need to at JSG. Its not that hard. I have both of my important contacts there on my phone and they will usually pick up,unless they are out of range or out of the country.

The warranty application form is a simple five minute fill in and send via the Internet. I usually get a response within 24 hours. Its NOT hard but it does require that we do *Something* rather than some of the multi-franchise dealers who just take the money and hope the customer fucks off.

That isn't the way I work and I still manage to turn a profit! Fancy that! I like money as much as the next venal Herbert but If someone is willing to put down big money on a motorbike we are actually beholden to them to try and give acceptable service. Having said that, if you have a problem and come in cursing and screaming and making demands you'll find that my 'Give a shit' meter will immediately peg into the red! Come in and look for resolution in a civilised manner and I'll fall over backwards to try and help.

Pete

Back