• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Jersey Guzzi

Hey guys! I hope you are ALL well? Anyone interested in helping me with a couple of small projects on my Cali Touring? I could ride out to someones house who has a decent assortment of tools? Let me know?

Thanks guys!
Yarvis

Yarvis,

I am willing. "Come on down!"

Let me know what you want to do.

dave
bel air, md

Dave
I appreciate the offer! Not sure if you saw my post about adding LED safety lighting for the rear of my Cal Touring. The kit is complete and pretty easy to install, my weakness is the Guzzi wiring with dual colors on the wiring.

Yarvis

Dave
I appreciate the offer! Not sure if you saw my post about adding LED safety lighting for the rear of my Cal Touring. The kit is complete and pretty easy to install, my weakness is the Guzzi wiring with dual colors on the wiring.

Yarvis

Yes, I had seen your other posts. I successfully added accessory lighting to my California. Yours can't be much different.

So, if you feel like taking a ride, let me know and we can arrange a convenient time.

Yes, I had seen your other posts. I successfully added accessory lighting to my California. Yours can't be much different.

So, if you feel like taking a ride, let me know and we can arrange a convenient time.

Thanks so much!!! My weakness is definitely electrical, especially with these Italian bikes! What kind of schedule do you keep? When could you see yourself doing something like this? I haven't totally written myself off from doing this myself, but having someone near by who can guide me would be a relief to say the least. I would definitely have to work around your schedule for sure!

Yarvis

Thanks so much!!! My weakness is definitely electrical, especially with these Italian bikes! What kind of schedule do you keep? When could you see yourself doing something like this? I haven't totally written myself off from doing this myself, but having someone near by who can guide me would be a relief to say the least. I would definitely have to work around your schedule for sure!

Yarvis

Okay. I, unfortunately, work during the week. So that leaves weekends. At this point, I am open on 6-13 & 6-14.

Regarding tools, I have what is needed. I also have misc. connectors, wire ties, etc. If you want to use heat-shrink or other kind sheathing for the wires, try to bring that with you. Of course, the lights with the installation instructions too.

dave
bel air, md

Okay. I, unfortunately, work during the week. So that leaves weekends. At this point, I am open on 6-13 & 6-14.

Regarding tools, I have what is needed. I also have misc. connectors, wire ties, etc. If you want to use heat-shrink or other kind sheathing for the wires, try to bring that with you. Of course, the lights with the installation instructions too.

dave
bel air, md

Weekends are tough right now due to a workload increase. I MIGHT be able to do the 14th but it's not definite. I'll need to stay in touch, but again, thank you!

dave
bel air, md

Dave
The 14th is out unless I play hooky from work.

Thanks again, let's see when things might get better?
Yarvis

No, problem. Sorry work is keeping you so busy.
Dave:
I was able to install my lights today with the help of my friend Mike. I posted in the "what mods have you done?" thread. Thank you for your offer of help!

Attachments

• guzzi5.jpg
    guzzi5.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 8
  • guzzi6.jpg
    guzzi6.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 6
  • guzzi7.jpg
    guzzi7.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 6
  • guzzi8.jpg
    guzzi8.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 6
  • guzzi9.jpg
    guzzi9.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 6
Glad to see that you got it done! That wasn't all that difficult, was it? ;)

It really wasn't, but again, wiring isn't my forte. I actually helped my friend out quite a bit. I had done a dry run fit and knew where everything was. He had all the proper connectors (we didn't use the supplied connectors) because he used to be in the car audio business and he knew what works and what doesn't. He DID have to add some wiring to the LED leads because they were about a foot short. (Our bikes are quite long)

he used to be in the car audio business

That has got to be a very helpful type of person to have around. :)

Knowing what is available and how it is used is a big part of any job.

Well, if for some other reason, you feel like taking a ride south, let me know! I can ride out to meet you.

That has got to be a very helpful type of person to have around. :)

Knowing what is available and how it is used is a big part of any job.

Well, if for some other reason, you feel like taking a ride south, let me know! I can ride out to meet you.

Oh, I'm sure another trip down to Bobs is in my future! How far are you from them? And yes, Mike looked at the kit and couldn't believe someone, anyone, would charge more than an hour of labor to install. He had all of the different sized connectors in his tool box. He has become a good friend and we have done some long days riding. Yesterday I clocked over 200 miles for the day, the time before that we ended up in Lewes, Delaware for a total of about 410 miles for me. I will definitely let you know if and when I plan to be in the area, thanks again for your messages and offer of help.

Back