• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Matris V7 offerings

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Matris' new V7 offerings. Click HERE to order -- OR Contact me to order; Todd at GuzziTech.com

A true fork kit engineered for the '13+ Kaifa forks:

Emulsion Twin shocks: Rebound and Length adjustable:

Piggyback Twin shocks: Compression, Rebound & Length adjustable:

M40KC on bike:

Attachments

• MatrisV7-FM108KE.tiff
    92.1 KB · Views: 979
  • MatrisV7-M40D.tiff
    110.1 KB · Views: 966
  • MatrisV7-M40KC.tiff
    133.2 KB · Views: 959
  • MatrisPB-V7.jpg
    MatrisPB-V7.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 977
Pictures are not showing up for the fork kit. Did Matris develop a full cartridge kit? I remember you were discussing this almost a year ago.

Beauty. I was wondering what to get my darling wife for her 50th birthday. an FKE fork kit to suit her 2013 V7 Stone will be just the thing.!! But what does the kit contain? How much are fork springs to suit ? Will the springs be tailor made for her weight? I assume that any of the Matris rear shocks shown here will combine well with the fork kit.Cheers.

those rear shocks in piggyback look nice...me want. I want good performance but I've been shunning piggybacks simply because it's not really the look I'm going for with my v7. BUT...I think I could make an exception for these.

Charlie J said:
Beauty. I was wondering what to get my darling wife for her 50th birthday. an FKE fork kit to suit her 2013 V7 Stone will be just the thing.!! But what does the kit contain? How much are fork springs to suit ? Will the springs be tailor made for her weight? I assume that any of the Matris rear shocks shown here will combine well with the fork kit.Cheers.
Charlie, very good. Yes, everything is built to order with weight and ride desires/criteria. Spring will likely be ~$100 extra. Yes, either shock will likely be very good, and the piggybacks will be for the very discerning rider.

francod123 said:
those rear shocks in piggyback look nice...me want. I want good performance but I've been shunning piggybacks simply because it's not really the look I'm going for with my v7. BUT...I think I could make an exception for these.
The piggyback's will be quite big $, so be sure it's worth the investment for your purposes. They will likely be quite incredible.

99sh said:
Todd - any news on the full fork cartridge kit?
No news on the full cartridge kit yet... but I do have three of the drop in kits on the shelf, ready to ship. Price is per above + springs in ~2 weeks if needed. I also have both the emulsion and piggybacks in, set up for 190 lbs in gear. Both shock sets will be available discounted post testing this weekend. Send me a direct e-mail to secure them.

Attachments

• Matris-V7.jpg
    Matris-V7.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 377
I put the above components on the online store >CLICK HERE< - Use the drop downs for each offering/pricing. I do have all of them currently available (as shown above) for immediate shipping for riders in the 185-200 lbs in gear.

Snipped from the Registry thread....

willb said:
Had a minor tumble ~ tank slapper at 40mph.
tonUPRacer said:
Sorry to hear about your accident, glad to hear you are OK> My other reason for replying is that I think I'm seeing a trend of V7R riders with tank slappers, I'm wondering if there really is something here or just pure coincidence? We all know the suspension on these bike is an issue, I'm starting to wonder if its actually dangerous? I know that my bike has given me the "wobbles" more often than not while taking esses at speed. did you do any suspension tuning/adjusting? check rear/front sag? I'm going to raise my fork in the triple tree the obligatory 10mm and see if that helps. I've been trying to put off a rear and front suspension re-do until winter but this rash of tank slappers amongst forum members on V7Rs is concerning.

I suspect raising the forks in the triples will help in addition to having the bike properly sprung and valved. I've pushed my V7R pretty hard, but its now set up properly for my weight, and it doesn't exhibit any weirdness at all.

Curious to know the rider weights of those experiencing handling issues. Sound off below if you would.

My observation is that it is indeed a function of weight bias and suspension/geometry setup. These bikes -- like many others -- come from factory with a strong rear weight bias so the front rides high as it is. Add to that a rider that is, say, 180lbs and up -- and with the soft shocks the bike now may have a really light frontend.

I weigh 210 without gear, and in stock condition my V7R would have this unstable "wobbly" feeling in the frontend -- either when hitting bumps when leaned over, or going straight at higher speeds and, say, crossing lanes hitting the cat eye. Upgrading the suspension and changing the geometry by raising the rear and dropping the front cured it all. Sharp handling, very stable both high speeds and low-speed maneuvering.

It's an easy experiment... Without changing anything else, raise the forks in the triples and see if it gets better for YOU. Good place to start is 10mm. I am at 15 and will drop it another 5 I believe. There is a point where it becomes too much and you will feel it as twitchiness, lack of high speed stability, and oversteer. If you get there, back off... 5mm increments are easily felt.

Back