• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New member from Notts UK

PhilPassmore

Just got it firing!
Hi all, though a Guzzisti since 1981, I have only just hooked up with this group. Started with a T3 Cali, but have been on a 1100 Sporti for about 15 years. It has just had a bit of a fettle and is a bit non standard, and I love her to bits!

Phil

G'Day Phil
any pics ...love to see the ideas you've used
cheers
AndyP.

Many thanks for the welcome Andy. I have a load of photos on Photobucket;

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/PhilPassmore/library/Guzzi

and a youtube vid of the Cadwell Park track day;

And from the vid I reckon an average speed for the 'full' circuit was about 60mph including the mountain section (lap time about 2 min 14 secs) which I am quite chuffed with as it was only my second ever track day. The absolute track record for the circuit is almost a minute faster with a speed of 97mph

It should be a public album, let me know if you have any problems. Some of the pics are from a few years ago when I first did some of the mods. The latest ones with the dark wheels I just took today. I have barely ridden for one reason or another for about two years, and the poor old girl lives outside in all weathers (and we know Guzzi's don't like that). That said, she has stood up fairly well. Thinking about a winter rip down to get the frame sorted, and maybe the engine soda blasted just to get it even-ish looking.

Phil

Last edited:
Phil, congrats and welcome aboard. Great post!

I'll reach out direct email, but I have some input in your PC-V map if you'd like.

Post again/often.

Phil, congrats and welcome aboard. Great post!

I'll reach out direct email, but I have some input in your PC-V map if you'd like.

Post again/often.

Many thanks Todd, always open to input from people who know Guzzis well, so your thoughts on the map would be welcome. Bear in mind that I am now running that map on top of a Creedon chip, so I might well be a bit rich in some areas, though the tickover is a hell of a lot more stable than either stock or stock plus PCIII map. I did chat at length with Will on the subject a few years back, and the consensus was that it would probably be OK. The tickover TPS voltage seems perhaps a little low, but it seems OK. Seriously thinking about the MY Jeffries route, perhaps even going closed circuit.

Took the bike out for a run yesterday, and it wasn't pulling much beyond 100mph (allegedly) in top, which it usually would. Got home and checked out the throttle body balance and found that there was a fairly massive imbalance. I am hoping that is the root of the problem. Rebalanced with mercury columns after checking the baseline 150mV. Not had the chance to run since.

However, I did a total fuel tank drain down a couple of days ago to fit a new petcock and found a heck of a lot of water and general crud in the bottom of the tank. I did a couple of rinses with petrol, then stood the tank in a pretty hot sun for a few hours before re-installation. I am hoping that I haven't dragged too much of the bits through to the filter and perhaps even injectors. I think come winter, I will be looking to seal the inside of the tank.

Had a slight issue with the bearing carrier in the rear wheel, as the company who pressed it out for me prior to painting the wheels marred the edges with a poor fitting mandrel. I have a small lathe, so spun it up and cleaned up the damage. I pressed it back in with an impromptu press created from a house doorway, some blocks of wood and a hydraulic jack. Also made mandrels to ensure good bearing pressing too. Also resorted to a smear of silicon on the disc that secures the rear drive plate in an effort to reduce grease that I lubed the drive box splines with finding it's way onto the rear wheel and tyre. Also had a messed up thread in one of the six securing bolts bolt holes for the same plate that I drilled oversize, tapped, and fitted a stainless insert.

Probably loads more stuff to post about, but the evening glass of vino collapso is starting to kick in;

Phil

Back