• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Member G5

@ Chris, I was thinking TOO big as well...That said Mikunis are way easy to get parts for. I dont know about Delorto. But You know, thats down the road.

THere is no problem getting parts for Dellorto - nor are they very expensive.

The one thing I would definitely do is NOT fit velocity stacks. They look cool but engines need filtered air. The Oval K&N's are the best compromise in my opinion.

contractor20 said:
try these inlets mgcycle.com/product_info.php?products_id=179 not strait but good product

I was planning on switching to these when the my rubber manifolds crack. Has anyone fitted these to an early head that uses an M8 bolt T-3/G-5/SP? I'm thinking just drill out the new manifold but I don't know how big the brass fitting is. Suppose the best solution is to install M6 oversize TimeSert. But that would be a whole new tool kit for me.

Spent some time dinking with the G5 today...installed some low bars and some different mirrors,(those square ones are hideous). washed it up a bit. and found that the intake boots are starting to crack. So maybe those intake pieces will be sooner rather than later.

Attachments

• low bars.jpg
    low bars.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 381
I was planning on switching to these when the my rubber manifolds crack. Has anyone fitted these to an early head that uses an M8 bolt T-3/G-5/SP? I'm thinking just drill out the new manifold but I don't know how big the brass fitting is. Suppose the best solution is to install M6 oversize TimeSert. But that would be a whole new tool kit for me.
Raph I fitted them to round barrel M8s and also wondered about the use of insert threads. but after measuring thread pitches and stuff I concluded it was not a goer, so went to popping out the brass push in spacer and with a little carefull filing (for the cap head) and a small reduction of the cap head I can just get 'em on. I might have fiddled the washers a bit as well
they have been on for about 4 years and have been off on at least one occasion on both sides. Mine are the 30mms but reckon they would be the same for 36ers

My manifolds have been in that starting to crack state for years. Only have had one leak in 20 years. Dave, they probably make it to the point you replace the carbs, then you'll have to replace them with something else.

Kym, thanks for that. I'll probably then go with M8 button heads to have plenty of meat left between the allen socket and the edge after grinding. I also checked the standard M6 TimeSert thread pitch very close but no go. I'm sure the oversize hole version will work but at a much greater cost.

Back