• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

I'm NOT a former Triumph guy cause I STILL have my Triumph,but was looking to get away from the belt drive, and since the California uses a shaft,that's the reason I'm lookin at it!! Triumph's Rocket III Tourer also uses a shaft,but!!!!!!!!!!!!!, that machine is pretty heavy and alittle difficult to manuver around in traffic,especially when parking it,meaning,ya gotta have some size and strength in order to have full control of it at all times.And since I'm just a wittle guy,and not too bright at that,lol,not to mention, getting older,lol,the Rocket III Tourer ,even though it really is a nice machine,is just not for me. Dave!!!

Since you previously owned an RSV,were you ever on a website called the Venturers,aka,VNet??? If so,did you ever hear of a guy on there named Dave who was part of their technical advisory group???

I am not sure which "Dave" you are referring to on The Venturers. I was a member at The Venturers for a time though. Currently I am the owner of the "Royal Star Venture and Tour Deluxe Forum on Delphi (http://forums.delphiforums.com/vrider).

Negative!!! And I am disappointed,but there will not be a Guzzi in my stable.There are just too many "IF'S" about it.Sorry gang!! Dave!!!

Wonder what the "if's" were?

I can think of a few:

IF it had an exhaust system that lasted
IF it used something besides 10W60 oil (hard to find and expensive)
IF the rear drive lubricant could be changed without removing the rear wheel
IF the clutch switch wasn't so "dainty" and easily damaged
IF the OEM saddlebags didn't leak

And I own one! But, if I were in the market, these things might keep me away from buying a bike that retails for over $18K.

Well, there you have it.
Serious question: rear tire change at what, at the most 10,000 miles? Will your fluid need to be changed at a shorter interval or do you change it when the wheel is off?

Well, there you have it.
Serious question: rear tire change at what, at the most 10,000 miles? Will your fluid need to be changed at a shorter interval or do you change it when the wheel is off?

MG recommends:

Final Drive (transmission) every 32000 miles
Gearbox (gear box) every 6000 miles
Engine oil every 6000 miles

So, it is not a major inconvenience to be required to remove the rear wheel to drain the rear drive lube, but it sure is a "bonehead" design move.

Last edited:
Got it. It's what I expect out of an Italian motorcycle. At least it's not the oil change on a Black Eagle! What a hassle. But, it's Italian.......................

I have a question for you guys who own California 1400 Tourers,especially the later California's 2015 and up, and live here in the States.Where do you buy your parts????????????????????? And where do you buy your oil filters??????????????????? Is there an after market company that makes em for the newer1400 Guzzi's???? Thank you gentlemmen!! Dave!!!

I have a question for you guys who own California 1400 Tourers,especially the later California's 2015 and up, and live here in the States.Where do you buy your parts????????????????????? And where do you buy your oil filters??????????????????? Is there an after market company that makes em for the newer1400 Guzzi's???? Thank you gentlemmen!! Dave!!!

Oil filters are purchased at Wal-Mart. As is oil (I use Quicksilver 10-50 Synthetic in the silver jug). Bosch D3330 Distance Plus Filter. At the end of the day, filters are filters, and oil is oil. I do like one aspect of the Bosch filter though - it has about 1 to 1 1/2 extra threads, so maybe, just maybe a little less prone to loosening up? Air filters are purchased online right here - come in the mail in two days from Todd.

What about parts for the bike itself like brake pads etc.??? ?? Where are you guys buying those parts other then at the stealerships?????? Thank you again!! Dave!!!

Back