• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

NEW Norge seat by Corbin......yes, its available!!

captshortfield

Tuned and Synch'ed
For those of you, like me, that just can't get comfortable on the Norge seat, Corbin has just announced its brand new seat for the Norge yesterday and I ordered one yesterday. No more monkey butt for me!!http://www.corbin.com/news/. The price is $439 or $619 with heat. I am not selling Corbin but I can honestly tell you that my ass is very pleased that there was on my last two BMW's. Check out the pics and the link. I ordered the very first one and delivery time is said to be between 2 to 4 weeks. Shipping is an additional $40. California, HERE I COME........WITHOUT GUZZI MONKEY BUTT!!

Personally I'm quite happy with my Guzzi lowered gel seat, but for those interested, any info as to whether seat height for rider & passenger is any different from stock? Didn't see any info in that regard at the Corbin link.

From the picture, it looks lower than the stock seat. Some of us with the stock seat - who actually find it comfortable except it is too low - really want a taller option. Hopefully they will get the web page up soon and it will have details. The Corbin I had on my ST1100 worked really well.

she'll fit on the B as well. should anyway.

is that a little buckle? looks a bit feminine in the pics?

xenarchi wrote:
she'll fit on the B as well. should anyway.

is that a little buckle? looks a bit feminine in the pics?

I think it's the heat control....

I have had many Corbin seats over the years and still own one on a Vstrom. I like it very much- a great high mile seat. In general they are comfortable and get more comfortable with age.
However, the heated Corbin I bought was the worst seat I ever rode on. It was so hard that it made my rear end sort for a couple of days afterward. I was not the original owner, I bought it from someone that I later learned couldn't stand it either. Then I sold it to a guy that used it once and then put it in eBay. Three owners- all three hated it. That was also the consensus of the owners group in question (Honda ST1300)

Before I was willing to give up on the seat, I took to our local auto upholster and he took the cover off the seat. Immediately under the covering was the electric heat grid and that, in my opinion, is the reason that the Corbin heated seat is a killer! BMW heated seats are great and so are most others, but not the Corbin.
BE WARNED!

Re:NEW Norge seat by Corbin......yes, its availabl

G'day,

How durable are the leather seats when touring or just riding in rain.

How often have you got to condition them and if on a tour is it a bottle of leather stuff another thing to carry??.

But it does look comfortable.

Greg

aussiegreg wrote:
G'day,

How durable are the leather seats when touring or just riding in rain.

How often have you got to condition them and if on a tour is it a bottle of leather stuff another thing to carry??.

But it does look comfortable.

Greg

I used a leather seat on an EV for years. In the climate I live in, I conditioned the leather once a year at the beginning of the non riding months so the material would have plenty of time to work in. I did use a rain cover for the seat which helped. If you don't use the rain cover or live in a drier climate, I'd condition 2 or 3 times a year. I used Hein Gericke leather cleaner and conditioner which seemed to work well. It isn't necessary to carry a bottle of conditioner with you.

I have reviewed the Corbin site and have not found information on the overall height of their seat on the Norge 1200. They have listed the saddle dimensions but not the saddle height when mounted. I have emailed their Tech Center and will post their reply once received. B)

Looks ... pullman-class!

xenarchi, this is what I think of when thinking of a feminin-looking seat:

706872.jpg

and this would be a masculine-looking one:

706871.jpg

;)

:laugh: At one period in my youth my "tight butt":dry: was a blessing. However, at this advanced stage of my youth, I really would prefer a "fat butt" which would eliminate my need to spend money on my ass' comfort. Those of you who fit this category know what I mean. I am about to depart on my "4th across the USA and back" trip:) and at times, in past rides, I have given new meaning to the phrase "Iron Butt". It was once said (probably by someone with a tight butt) that "the mind can absorb only what the ass can endure" and I say....there is a guy, or girl, who knows their ass from their other body parts. Keep your butt happy:p and everything else will fall into place...and you can still make kids when you get home................:side:

The Corbin seat looks to be rather tempting. Would like to hear from anyone that has purchased one as to how comfortable it is. I know the stock seat leaves a bit to be desired. I have put an Airhawk pad on mine which helps, but still the seat pushes me nuts into the tank.

RJVB wrote:
Looks ... pullman-class!

xenarchi, this is what I think of when thinking of a feminin-looking seat:

and this would be a masculine-looking one:

;)

Exactly! :cheer:

captshortfield wrote:
:laugh: At one period in my youth my "tight butt":dry: was a blessing. However, at this advanced stage of my youth, I really would prefer a "fat butt" which would eliminate my need to spend money on my ass' comfort. Those of you who fit this category know what I mean. I am about to depart on my "4th across the USA and back" trip:) and at times, in past rides, I have given new meaning to the phrase "Iron Butt". It was once said (probably by someone with a tight butt) that "the mind can absorb only what the ass can endure" and I say....there is a guy, or girl, who knows their ass from their other body parts. Keep your butt happy:p and everything else will fall into place...and you can still make kids when you get home................:side:

Without getting involved in too much arse talk, I am right there with you brother. My tight little arse starts hurting in 30 mins. :blush:

So has anyone tried the Corbin seat out. I for one am very interested in it. I do love my Norge but my Ambo police seat has it beat. I was hoping someone actually has compared the Corbin to say the lowered gel seat. Have a great ride everyone.

According to Corbin mine was the first seat off their Guzzi production line and it has not arrived as yet (its been 2 weeks since the order went in). I will post my comments as soon as it arrives and my arse gets a few miles on it. I emailed Corbin asking for the overall height of the seat but received no reply and I still don't see that information posted on their web page for the seat.
The Corbins I have had in the past were all a vast improvement over the OEM seats and hopefully this seat will not be an exception. I can see by the pictures posted by Corbin that there is a relatively flat spot where the butt goes which is a good start. I did put an AirSoft seat cushion on the stock seat that provided some relief but it also raised my body by a good inch or more which negated the benefits derived from the risers I installed on the handle bar stalks:angry:
I think that the only thing more difficult than sitting on the stock seat would be designing one that would please every arse that rides on one:huh:

I hadn't looked at the Corbin site in maybe two years but I logged onto it just yesterday to see whats new, and there was the Norge seat! and now this thread. Interested in impressions when the seat comes in. I have had two previous Corbins and like them.

Back