RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Welcome to the GT Forum! GuzziTech is now back to our origins; We hope you enjoy the Guzzi Global Community Forum here. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: If you are posting on numerous sites on the web, please stop back and follow up. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com - Store tab above. You need a different username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny one man operation with several business going at once - Sign into the Store to check on orders before contacting us. Thanks for your patience on orders. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx®) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine from 2000~2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

New Owner 1999 Bassa Need Help, in process of restoring

Discussion in 'Loop & Tonti' started by Param, Jan 21, 2019.

1. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

I was thinking Jackal for brakes. Bassa is like EV, Integral Brakes. Rear switch is on left side of bike by sidecover & on bottom side of splitter. Line from master goes right to it.

Param likes this.
  2. Desmo007

Desmo007 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

A little time, and a brake line kit is all you need for a regular set up brake system. I just did mine. The hardest part was the bleeding. lol Reverse bleeding with a syringe = time saver. I've done a lot of the conversions, so anything I can provide in terms of tips, hit me up.

FYI - I have a LOAD of body parts including 3 screens, etc from my 99 Bassa I just about finished converting to a cafe racer.

3. Param

Param Just got it firing!

I have bleed the both front and rear brake system, front caliper were powder coated.
    can you please send the pics of screen and by any chance do you have the battery holder clamp ?
    Please do post a pic it will interesting to see a bassa in cafe setup

regarding the my bike issue with brake light i have checked the rear brake switch its functioning fine, and i think i might have interchanged the connectors to rear light , and the battery died so waiting for the battery so i can check everything again, hopefully it was just a silly mistake
    thank you for the help

4. Desmo007

Desmo007 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Unfortunately, I don’t have the battery holder. (It didn’t come with a stock battery)

Here are the wind screens

Attached Files:

5. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT Famiglia

I think you will find the bike handles best with the smallest windscreen. It is what I used on my EVs.

Param likes this.
  6. Param

update found the problem with brake light , it was the front switch, at rest position is off and it was missing the piece that makes contact with the lever and the micro switch, dont know if i dropped it while sending to the power coating, ordered a new complete switch

After the all plumbing and fixing leaks i think finding god is much easier than sorting the fuel lines and other plumbing, others might have secret way of doing it easily i would love to know,

Saturday was all spent working on the bassa, at one time forgot the air filter lid while sorting plumbing and was scratching my head why the hell its running like crap, anyways silly mistakes i am sure everyone makes them
    good thing is its all working now ,
    warmup/ cold starting has some hicups, is it normal?
    i set the throttle around 1000 rpm idle, is this correct?

some pics
    IMG_3141.JPG IMG_3142.JPG IMG_3143.JPG IMG_3144.JPG IMG_3145.JPG InkedIMG_3146_LI.jpg

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  7. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

Glad it worked out for you . Idle between 1000 & 1100 is fine. You can get most hick-ups out by finding where the motor likes the air bleed screws and setting the idle CO. You may want to try different setting and explore, every motor is different.

8. Param

where is that screw? throttle bodies ?

9. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT Famiglia

Yes throttle bodies. Contained in one of the round structures. you have to go from below with a flat blade screw driver. It is how to best get the idle sync and idle rpm. So if the Throttle Bodies are set up correctly Idle speed and sync is set with the air bypass screws. Instruction for the TB setup is in the PDF file on this page https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/new-alaris-centurion-vdsts-info-instructions.1676/page-2