• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Paint color

korskov

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Today I went by the Moto Guzzi booth at the Motogp races and saw the Stelvio on display with a very beautiful shade of blue. I think I may have to get a set. The guy working the booth got to put a face on a bike owner that he ok'd a goodwill install of led aux. lights and sport mirrors after they failed for a ninth time. I was out of warranty but they did this one last thing to solve those ongoing issues.

I went back by the booth today after lunch and they are calling the color Blue Profondo.

It's pictured in the 2015 brochure and online when you google 2015 stelvio. I had also tried to see it on the MG site but it wasn't there.

Here is the 1400 at MPH
11075293_946900141988912_5044715971960602814_o.jpg

When I went by AF1 racing yesterday to price the bodywork they already have one in that color on the sales floor.

We're talking about the Stelvio. The Cal 1400 blue is a 2015 model. The Stelvio will be a '16.

I think that blue looks even better in person. Good amount of metallic flake, smooth and glossy - very different from my matte green.

Korskov, it's probably much cheaper to paint your existing tank and front fender - I recall the tank going for $800+ from dealers.

Let us know what you end up doing. BTW, great weekend at CoTA!

I'm having to sell my house of 20 years that's just across the river from downtown and will have no problem affording another set of bodywork. the tank lower is also painted with the new color. I volunteer at COTA and got to drive Rossi and Hayden from the paddock to the autograph sessions and Marquez from the autograph session and to a Q&A at the Honda tent. I also got to drive Spies to a Q&A. I'm too busy to ever watch the races and have to DVR and watch later. sadly I didn't get to see Marquez getting in his final laps qualifying because Fox Sports had let Nascar runner into the time slot. I also was pissed that the Argentina Moto 2 & 3 race broadcasts were preempted by soccer.

That is why I spend $100+ a year for the MotoGP package online. I can watch all the races GP, 2 & 3 plus practice and interviews anytime I can find the time. Expensive but I like it. I don't think I would pay that much for World Superbike but I wish I could do the same.

sadly with the sale of the house I'll have to give up my 1gig gigapower and deal with 1mb internet speeds in the countryside outside Austin. so I don't think I'll be streaming too much video. When I do get to watch any racing out there at the track I get to see them from just inside the crash fence. it's pretty good viewing on the inside of turn 17 as they go past leaned over.

Back