• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New plastic carburetor floats PHF 36 (8.5g)

Roy82

Just got it firing!
Hello. Does anybody here know how to set these new all plastic 8.5g (white) floats for 36mm PHF carbs?
I had to buy a pair as I found that I had two odd weight floats. (10g & 14g). I know the settings for the originals of course, but these new ones hang down a lot more.
Some say they are set from factory ( unadjustable ).
Just looking for conformation. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
I set floats with the carbs off the bike and upside down. Set them to the original spec. If you find you starve for fuel, bring them a couple mm closer to the carb body to increase fuel level.

Hi John. Yes that is how I do them. My problem is with these new floats. They are all plastic and are said to be un-adjustable.
I was wondering if anybody had more information on them.

If you are talking about 7450 floats in a DelOrto PHF, this may help.

Are you talking about the all white plastic, non-adjustable ones like this?

1 float
48 7042

Or are you talking about the hybrid (metal + plastic floats) ones like this?

7450B

As far as I know, the white ones are unadjustable but they should be within the specification. Check them.

This is the setup I have always used.

Screen Shot 2020 07 21 at 14727 PM Screen Shot 2020 07 21 at 14840 PM

Hi John. Yes that is how I do them. My problem is with these new floats. They are all plastic and are said to be un-adjustable.
I was wondering if anybody had more information on them.

As Scott showed your all plastic ones are not adjustable. Just put them in a run it. I've never seen the all plastic, just the plastic and metal ones. I think it has been over 5 years since I had to work on a DelOrto carb. Everything I've worked on has been fuel injected except for some BMW air head bikes.

Thank you guys. Yes I have just purchased these new plastic floats and it does say they are not adjustable. They certainly are lower than the 18.5 in the workshop manual. I was just after any additional information. I will run them as they are and take it from there. Thank you for your replies.

Back