• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Purchase - Eldorado vs Cali Touring

Congrats on the new bike, if you like the rider saddle consider getting the Hepco Becker back rest with or without rack and get the pillion perch re profiled with new foam and cover for your passenger. That's what I did and the missus finds it really comfy and I got to keep my rider saddle, bonus. I would certainly go down that route before swapping out for a one piece touring seat, and probably a lot cheaper. Reference passenger floorboards, the Guzzi ones are quite large (and horrendously expensive) and you may find you catch your heels on them when putting your feet down. Have a look at kuryaken mini floorboards or get in touch with Todd for a 'one off'. Enjoy your new ride.

I was thinking about the trade off between my seat and hers so I ordered the Touring Comfort seat. I figure if it doesn't work out I should be able to sell it for minimal loss. I tried sitting on the pillion myself and found it to be "wanting" in the width dimension so while I agree that re-padding it would be an improvement I don't think it would be a final solution. I'm trying like heck to avoid the Corbin seat but everything seems to be pointing me there. With the way we ride it will be years before its broken in.

I was thinking about the trade off between my seat and hers so I ordered the Touring Comfort seat. I figure if it doesn't work out I should be able to sell it for minimal loss. I tried sitting on the pillion myself and found it to be "wanting" in the width dimension so while I agree that re-padding it would be an improvement I don't think it would be a final solution. I'm trying like heck to avoid the Corbin seat but everything seems to be pointing me there. With the way we ride it will be years before its broken in.
Find a good upholster and all is possible (within reason). I had my Touring saddle reshaped and recovered.
BC550BDD F9B0 4716 93B2 96D5A9D810BA
A475F5D3 EB59 4DD1 A4B7 F93758582C7B

My touring seat just came after 6 weeks (thanks Scooterpartsco). I didn't think I would like the look as much as stock but I think I actually like it better. Took a short ride. Feels fine. My backpack likes the pillion seat much better than the stock. Damn I love this bike! 20200826 181645

One big difference is the handlebars, and therefore the riding position. The Eldorado has much different bars than the touring model.
Hi James. What is the difference between the Eldorado and the Touring bars? From what I see they look the same in the diagrams and have the same part number. But that could be listed wrong by Moto Guzzi. I want to switch out the bars in my Custom. I put Todds extensions on, they helped but I need to lean back a bit.

This thread has incentivized me to quit writing and go riding. Tuesday I leave here for a 1200 mile solo trip. I will be circumnavigating Yellowstone National Park without actually going into it. First day from here (Buffalo) to Livingston, Montana. Wednesday it will be through Missoula, Lolo, and on to Salmon, Idaho. Thursday, Salmon to Dubois, Wyoming, by way of Victor, Idaho and Jackson Hole. Friday it will be back home to Buffalo via Thermopolis and US 16 over the Bighorn Mountains. Being retired here is such a burden!
Yes, safe travels and all the best. Send us some photos!

I have the Eldorado 2016. I put Hepko-Becker leather bags with the C-Bow on it, plus engine guards, Corbin Touring seat, Red valve covers, and rear backrest on it. I'm not at home at the moment but I can send pics this weekend if you'd like to see her. Yes, she is one of my gals! Also IKON shocks, cheap but way ahead of the stock ones. Shinko will have whitewalls for it which are cheap and get good reviews. Hard to find the more expensive ones as I was looking today. I did have an alternator fault when I bought it new. That really hit hard, as I flew to Vegas to ride it back to Georgia. I only made it to the Hoover Dam. Also, I put Todd's risers on it and what a difference! I also have his full exhaust system with the fueling kit. World of difference. I absolutely love riding mine...when I get the chance. All the best, I hope you love yours as I do mine!

Ditto to the comments:
"quite large" and "horrendously expensive"
..re: those Guzzi passenger floorboards.

They do fold up but only do so when positioned in their most forward setting.
I leave them down and pushed back and they still take up too much real estate.
I gave some thought to altering their size, I
will probably just switch back to the stock pegs as my wife isn't keen on riding much anymore.

Last edited:
Ditto to the comments:
"quite large" and "horrendously expensive"
..re: those Guzzi passenger floorboards.

They do fold up but only do so when positioned in their most forward setting.
I leave them down and pushed back and they still take up too much real estate.
I gave some thought to altering their size, I
will probably just switch back to the stock pegs as my wife isn't keen on riding much anymore.

If it helps with all 3 problems (horrendous expense/hitting your feet/wife not keen on riding much) as well as what my better half found was really hard to climb aboard the Eldo with the factory pegs being so far forward, I made up some brackets and installed some Kuryakyn boards on mine that if you are a little handy with tools and an evening in the shed work a treat. Yes you do need to drill into that part of your bike.......Well, have received the thumbs up anyway on our first ride with, and I really like the look. You can see where they sit in relation to the standard peg mount, and the 'in progress' photo shows it with the std peg still fitted. This would not work on the tour as it would foul on the luggage I reckon.

IMG 20211014 203307
IMG 20211016 165750

Back