• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Rehoboth, MA Member

JJC1957

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi everyone I am from Rehoboth, MA and new to this site. I have been riding motorcycles since 1978 and I am in the process of moving to a 2008 Moto Guzzi Norge from a 2010 Triumph Thunderbird SE 1600. I ride about 15,000 miles a year so she won’t be sitting in my garage. I also do some motorcycle camping so I need to carry a lot of gear. My wife won’t ride anymore so no two up riding will take place.

Link to bike http://www.nationalpowersports.net/itemDetail.aspx?itemID=14421

I don’t know anything about a Moto Guzzi other then it is a bucket list thing that I would own one someday and my car is a Fiat Abarth so they fit together very well. I do almost all my own work so fixing her up won’t or shouldn’t be a problem. Any advice on what to watch for on the model would be much appreciated and thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you are new to Guzzi, I suggest joining the Moto Guzzi owners club. mgnoc.com - Through their directory and this forum you should be able to find local Guzzi folks that can help you. Since you will be doing your own work, you will need diagnostic software (see the store tab above) and this thread as well https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/centurion-vdsts-info-instructions.1676/ Also maintenance manuals are available in the Resources section. I suggest going through this first https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/resources/breva-1100-general-service-manual.24/ It is for the same ECU, just the service code is different. Service codes are also listed on this forum in the CARC section. Be sure you get the user code for the bike, or the two original keys and then you can reset the user code.

Since you are new to Guzzi, I suggest joining the Moto Guzzi owners club. mgnoc.com - Through their directory and this forum you should be able to find local Guzzi folks that can help you. Since you will be doing your own work, you will need diagnostic software (see the store tab above) and this thread as well https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/centurion-vdsts-info-instructions.1676/ Also maintenance manuals are available in the Resources section. I suggest going through this first https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/resources/breva-1100-general-service-manual.24/ It is for the same ECU, just the service code is different. Service codes are also listed on this forum in the CARC section. Be sure you get the user code for the bike, or the two original keys and then you can reset the user code.
Thank you all good advice. I have downloaded both user and service manuals and made up my three ring binders. What if the bike only has one key and they don't have the code? I will email they the key question now but they are closed. Why do you think they are replacing the fuel injectors?

Thank you all good advice. I have downloaded both user and service manuals and made up my three ring binders. What if the bike only has one key and they don't have the code? I will email they the key question now but they are closed. Why do you think they are replacing the fuel injectors?
Welcome to the site, and congrats in advance to the purchase. The 1200-2V is a wonderful engine.
The Fiat is a small step into Guzzi ownership. Another key can be cut and cloaned. I'd question replacing the injectors, unless they just needed cleaned, and they chose to replace them.
I'll have the new Bluetooth (costlier) versions of the diagnostic tool on the online store here again soon. I do have one of the older (but still supported) versions up for grabs; https://www.guzzitech.com/auction/
If you're going to throw money around, appreciate a donation for the downloads here. You can Upgrade your Account, or use the Donation tab above.

Joe!! I suspect they're guessing.Apparently,the bike you bought,was traded for a reason,but I doubt it was due to high mileage!! lol So make sure you ride it BEFORE you acccept it.Ca pishe????

Would be great to ride it but they don't allow test rides. The last time I tried to purchase a bike from them I made them ride the bike around me in the parking lot and talked to the person who worked on it. I ended up walking away due to I have nerve purchased a bike that I couldn't test ride and I didn't like the sound of the engine. Now that I own a thunderbird I should have purchased that bike. My bike makes the same sounds and I paid more for it. We shall see tomorrow if the bike is ready. From what I have learned that the fuel delivery system can be difficult to adjust correctly.

She looks real nice Joe,but as we all know,beauty is only skin deep.And it's there for a reason.So "again",before you accept it,ride it.And if it feels ok,then you're good to go.If it don't,then don't buy it. If they disagree,then leave it there cause,to me, that would indicate that they're trying to hide something. Follow me??? Remember,it's your hard earned money that you're spending and ,if you're like me,you want the best bang for the buck.Ca piche???

She looks real nice Joe,but as we all know,beauty is only skin deep.And it's there for a reason.So "again",before you accept it,ride it.And if it feels ok,then you're good to go.If it don't,then don't buy it. If they disagree,then leave it there cause,to me, that would indicate that they're trying to hide something. Follow me??? Remember,it's your hard earned money that you're spending and ,if you're like me,you want the best bang for the buck.Ca piche???
That is not the bike I just wanted you to see the bags mounted on the wrong sides

That may not be the bike ya bought Joe,but don't ya think it looks pretty cool with the bags on the way they are???lol lol lol

The dead give away is the reflectors facing forward and pointing to the ground. Bike still not ready and no call or email again. I think this deal might be dead. One owner bike but I think they don't know how to fix the fast idle issue. I read the post here on how to fix the problem and it is pretty easy. Seems the fuel delivery system on these bikes are not the greatest. I have loaded many maps onto my bike before I got it correct. I had to modify the fuel tables to get it right after changing the exhaust and air. Read the post on power commander and how much it improves the Guzzi. Power Commander with auto tune would be my first change to the bike if I get it.

Remember what I said previously about the bikes that end up at places like that? What did ya say it had for mileage?? 7000 miles or somethin like that?? And what was it,an 07 or 08 model year?? Well it's there for a reason and places like that will try to make a fast buck on it without doing anything,or as little as possible, to it,to sell it.But what if it faulters again? Then whadaya do??I think if it were me,I'd pass on it.But what about the bike ya traded in towards it?? Can ya get it back or did they already sell it???? I think there's a lesson here for all to learn.I'm sure this machine is a fine machine and can be fixed,but, at "WHO'S" expense??? I'm starting to think that the only way problems like these are gonna get resolved is thru sites like this one and the members on there who own and or tinker with their bikes,then share that information with others.As you know from the Tbird site,that's what I tried to do regarding the Thunderbird and did the same on V net regarding the RSV [royal star venture] which is where I started doing that and was given the user name and title of Davetac1."DAVE" as that's my name,"TAC" as in technical advisory committee, and "1", as I was the "first" guy appointed by the president of that club. But at this point,I don't know what to tell ya because I am NOT familar with the Moto Guzzi,hence the reason I came to this site,TO LEARN.

Last edited:
Remember what I said previously about the bikes that end up at places like that? What did ya say it had for mileage?? 7000 miles or somethin like that?? And what was it,an 07 or 08 model year?? Well it's there for a reason and places like that will try to make a fast buck on it without doing anything,or as little as possible, to it,to sell it.But what if it faulters again? Then whadaya do??I think if it were me,I'd pass on it.But what about the bike ya traded in towards it?? Can ya get it back or did they already sell it???? I think there's a lesson here for all to learn.I'm sure this machine is a fine machine and can be fixed,but, at "WHO'S" expense??? I'm starting to think that the only way problems like these are gonna get resolved is thru sites like this one and the members on there who own and or tinker with their bikes,then share that information with others.As you know from the Tbird site,that's what I tried to do regarding the Thunderbird and did the same on V net regarding the RSV [royal star venture] which is where I started doing that and was given the user name and title of Davetac1."DAVE" as that's my name,"TAC" as in technical advisory committee, and "1", as I was the "first" guy appointed by the president of that club. But at this point,I don't know what to tell ya because I am NOT familar with the Moto Guzzi,hence the reason I came to this site,TO LEARN.
Just left a deposit with them and I am driving the bird because they can't get the guzzi ready. I just changed the oil and filter on the bird due to engine noise with a little over 2,000 miles on the oil with a little reduction in engine noise. I then tried your recommendation for 4 ounces of STP. Well I must say it made a difference reducing engine noise to a acceptable level. I am not so sure that the oil you use in reducing engine noise because I have tried just the shell oil and my engine noise stayed the same or maybe even increased a bit but with Mobil t4 full syn and 4 ounces of STP made a difference. I haven't had a cold start due to I did this yesterday and I am having surgery today so I will let you know how she starts cold next time.

When you "FIRST START" these 1600 motors,"COLD" ya gotta let em idle [no throttle] and warm up for atleast 10 minutes before drivin off so the oil can get to where it needs to get to.And then, bring it up on rpm GRADUALLY until shes up to operating temperature.It WILL make a difference.Ya just don't get on it,start it,cold,and take it to RED LINE!! How many times have ya seen me post that on the Tbird site.And do those guys listen?? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Everyone seems to be busy tryin to double the horsepower instead of payin attention to what needs to be done.And then ya hear em complaining about engine noise.So who's fault is that? Follow me?? That's what I've learned about this machine and what I now do every time when I first start it.Hence she runs quieter.And then, I let it run even longer on start up during the winter months.At 87,000 miles,the motor sounds pretty darn good for the mileage I have on it,and I'll even go out on a limb and say that she runs quieter now,then she ever has.So I MUST be doin SOMETHIN RIGHT?? lol

And after reading some of the posts on here about the Guzzi,I'd say the same procedure would apply to these machines too.But I don't own one either,atleast,not yet!! lol Dave!!!

Well gang,this AM, I'm takin alittle ride 120 miles south to another Guzzi dealership to see if this guy [he's supposed to be knowledgeable] knows anymore about the Guzzi then the other two I visited [who I was less then impressed with] because they didn't know jack **** about their own product.So we'll see.

Well gang,I'm back.And it was a beautiful day for a ride as we covered over 250 miles round trip.But I did learn somethin for those of you interested in a new 1400 [or a one to two year old 1400] and live in the eastern half of the US.As was told to me by the owner of the dealership I went too this morning,Moto Guzzi is with holding delivery of new California's to dealerships on the eastern half of the US until they can set up a school for the techs working at these dealerships because,and as I suspected and commented on,they simply don't know what they're looking at,how to set em up, or how to trouble shoot and or fix em.Apparently, Guzzi has been receiving many complaints about the service new owners are getting on their new 1400's [as evidenced by some of the conversations on here] from the stealers ,and are takin their money and then just blowing em off.

So anyways,after going thru the experiences I have gone thru with a couple stealers,and seeing the writing on the wall,I will NOT be purchasing or pursuing the purchase of, a new 1400 now or anytime in the distant future.So with that said,I would like to thank everyone here for putting up with me,answering questions,and allowing me to be part of this informative and well worth site for Guzzi owners as I will now be moving on and this will be my last post.So,again,I would like to thank and wish everyone luck with their new rides.Dave!!!

Back