Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

New seat question

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Hawghauler, Apr 9, 2016.

1. GerryP

GerryP Cruisin' Guzzisti

Jim mentioned you're coming with the Norge (very nice job on the seat by the way).

He also had a hearty laugh about your comment of not having enough $$ left to spend with you.

2. King of Fleece

King of Fleece Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

3. Bob Ponticelli

Bob Ponticelli Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Just sharing with folks as many look to alternatives. I went this direction on my V7. I still have my stock solo but replaced my 2-up with this. Like the more classic look with my retro looking bike. I hope to install my MAS Aluminum fenders this weekend which will clean up the back quite a bit while still retaining a fender-look which is what I wanted.

[​IMG]

BenRCMC, Scott Smith and Hawghauler like this.
  4. Joe Kletch

Joe Kletch Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Has anyone been able to remove the strap on the stock seat? Mine is attached across the top of the seat and you can barely squeeze a finger under it on the sides. I was at the dealer recently and saw a V7 where the strap was only attached on the bottom of the seat, making actually useful for a passenger, and probably easy to remove. I had been thinking of replacing it with the factory comfort gel seat, but that 'Comfort Gel' label on the back makes it look like an ad for an shoe insole. What were they thinking???

5. sign216

sign216 High Miler

I tried out my new Airhawk today, and the stock seat is more comfortable. With the Airhawk my seat and genitals felt crowed. Less free.
    I know that when touring the seat becomes painful, so I'm keeping the Airhawk for that. It could work then.
    But for day trips the plain stock seat is best.

Hawghauler likes this.
  6. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Cruisin' Guzzisti

Sign, perhaps you need to get a sidecar to carry your genitals. The gigantism curse is nothing to be ashamed of.

7. King of Fleece

That's why they make the "R" series Airhawk. Works a treat.

8. sign216

sign216 High Miler

Fleece, I just looked at the Airhawk website. Yea, the R version might work better.
    I had been using the Cruiser Small.

Hawg, the sidecar would work. In addition to my "package" I've got this huge ego to carry (according to the wife).

9. sign216

sign216 High Miler

I bought a small Airhawk "R" and it actually feels good.
    Not good for sport riding, or jaunts around town, but it feels like it will ease the long treks to rallies and things.

Note that the small is almost too small. Just barely enough. And I'm an average guy on a V7, so there's not a lot to cover.
    Some of you might consider the large then.

10. steeltalon76

steeltalon76 Just got it firing!

I got very sore after a 430 mile day, so I got the Corbin seat. Extremely comfortable! IMG_1039.JPG

Attached Files:

changohot likes this.
  11. GerryP

GerryP Cruisin' Guzzisti

nice, very nice.

12. King of Fleece

Agreed. Looks a treat. You might consider a cover for that seat from Todd. The AL sun really does a job on that leather. At the very least treat it regular with a GOOD UV protector.

The covers go on and off in a jiffy if the bike is parked all day in the sun.

13. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Cruisin' Guzzisti

Nice looking seat.

14. Dale Baker

Dale Baker Cruisin' Guzzisti

The Norge is factory equipped with one of the best long haul seats in the industry. No need for upgrade/replacement - excellent support.

15. andyb

andyb Cruisin' Guzzisti

Comfort is not just to do with the seat - it is also a result of good footrest and handlebar positions. Personally I find the standard MG footrests a little too far forwards on my Stone - if they were further back my legs would take more of my body load so the seat cushioning would become less important.
    AndyB

oldlegs likes this.
  16. King of Fleece

Gerry P has rear sets on his 15 Stone. I find them a bit more comfortable than the stock position. I'll do that to mine as funds allow.

As for the Norge seat: seats and screens are very individual. For this rider the stock offering is neither supportive or long haul comfortable for seating. Too soft, too low, and too much forward slope. This is the conclusion after 4000 miles.

17. abbienormal

abbienormal High Miler GT Famiglia

My take on the Norge seat is the 207 seat I had was all almost all day/400+ mile usable comfort. The 2012 seat is maybe 200 miles tops. Either my posterior is getting soft or the new thicker softer seat is the problem. I'm going with the latter. I NEED to replace this seat. Just have to set aside the cash. I have not decided on which one to buy.

18. Mr Pootle

Mr Pootle Cruisin' Guzzisti

That Corbin seat looks good.
    I find the OEM seat starts getting uncomfortable after about seventy miles. I'm beginning to understand why the biker cafes in the UK all sell sausage sandwiches. It adds to the padding.

19. Mr Pootle

Mr Pootle Cruisin' Guzzisti

1800 miles on my V7ll Special and that seat is still uncomfortable after about 70 miles. Either I need someone to massage my butt every 70 miles, or I'll have to change the saddle.
    My biker buddies are unco-operative, so it looks like it'll have to be the latter.
    I've read a lot of good things about Mustang seats, and they do a nice looking and affordable seat for the Bonnie. How about helping me to pressure them to do the same for the V7?

20. jkristjan

jkristjan Tuned and Synch'ed

V9 for sure comes with a temporary makeshift showroom/test seat and the real two-part seat is in the OEM accessory catalogue. I don't know about other models, but at least with the V9 it seems to be the business model, it's not a 9000 EUR bike, if you remove all the place-holder-grade equipment and add the real ones (seat, rear suspension, levers, mirrors, luggage rack, flyscreen etc) you end up with a 13000 EUR bike. But I'm not complaining, it was quite obvious and I saw it coming, this kind of business model is pretty much the de facto standard in today's business environment. Exactly as when you buy a new laser printer, you get a test cartridge that gives you 500 to 1000 pages instead of the 3000 that you get from the next actual cartridge you buy (and which costs at least 1/3 of the original printer price) :)