• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New smallblock motor?

Holt

High Miler
GT Contributor
391573_10150384929003656_26116053655_8349305_1255011623_n.jpg

Lessee monday at the EICMA-opening.
Guzzi seems to promise a 10% increase in power an torque.

Certainly not a new motor, but I'll be curious to hear what modifications have been done. 10% shouldn't be too tough @50hp. :pinch:

I like the all black look, and especially the steel fuel tank. As for power increase I am happy with my current V7C. If it doesn't raise the price much more that the current V7, than a 10% increase will be a bonus.

Bill

The round cylinders are nice too, but don't care for the new valve covers.

10% more power? I hope they aren't losing the low-rpm torque the 750 Heron-headed engine is famous for.

GT-Rx said:
Certainly not a new motor, but I'll be curious to hear what modifications have been done. 10% shouldn't be too tough @50hp. :pinch:

Oh, well, right. Block does seem the same.
Heads are certainly different; hidden and moved spark plugs for a beginning, indicating a different valve arrangement.
Maybe a goodbye to the Heron heads? Cannot think they're changing the design for its own sake.
Lowered emmisions, too.

http://www.piaggiogroup.com/en/archive/ ... o-guzzi-v7 :

The new Moto Guzzi 750cc twin-cylinder engine on the new V7 range has undergone a full re-engineering, not just in terms of visual impact. Power and torque have been boosted, fuel consumption and emissions have been reduced, riding pleasure has been enhanced. Compared with the previous engine, the new single-feed model provides more than 10% extra power and, above all, torque, with further reductions in fuel consumption and emissions.

also:

http://www.motoguzzi.it/#/motoguzzi/IT/ ... omo/news41

Still no oil-cooler. Bit disappointing.

Hi...

It looks great. It's good to see that the grasshopper can look just as good with steel wheels. I noticed that many builders seem to go for (costly) wires nowadays. I also noticed that the front dampers are mounted differently. Is this because of the extended front arms that are used with the Guzzi conversion?

thanks,
Anthony

sandy said:
Full range of new colours here.
I see the V7 Racer is still continuing in the line up.
So much for it being a limited edition,

ANY Guzzi is a limited edition. :evil: :mrgreen:

Guessing that it has only one throttle body.

If that is correct, it should make an already simple to maintain engine even simpler.

My guess is that it'll be using a version of the sigle TB set-up they are planning on using with the 'Nuovo California'. If we're really lucky it might even get RBW! Just Guessin' but I'll wager that there are 4 valves per cylinder lurking beneath those new covers as well. Truly a 'Modernization' of the SB platform. I wonder if someone can whack the designers around the head with some pictures of the Ippogriffo.......

Pete

Lets hope it is available in UK.

Who is the UK inporter nowadays? I spoke with Twiggers in Loughborough about this bike and they were not sure if it woud come to England. They said to have a look at the NEC Show in a few weeks time.

Anybody know any details on price etc?

AndyB

Moto Morini used heron heads on the 350 and 500 v twins to make some very rapid motorcycles, and I seem to remember a car manufacturer also used heron heads. I may be wrong about but I think it was British Rover cars on their 3.5 v eight, but then this started life as a small block Chevy engine so it could have been the Yanks?

Paxo said:
Moto Morini used heron heads on the 350 and 500 v twins to make some very rapid motorcycles, and I seem to remember a car manufacturer also used heron heads. I may be wrong about but I think it was British Rover cars on their 3.5 v eight, but then this started life as a small block Chevy engine so it could have been the Yanks?

Rover's engine started out as Buick's aluminum 215 V8. It was a trick engine for early 1960s. Introduced in 1961 in the Buick Special, Olds F-85, and Pontiac Tempest. It did not have Heron Heads.

Other noted manufacturers who used Heron Heads include Volvo and Jaguar.

Key word being "used". Heron is old-tech. The sooner Guzzi ditches the Heron Heads, the better...

rocker59 said:
Key word being "used". Heron is old-tech. The sooner Guzzi ditches the Heron Heads, the better...

Surely you could say the same thing about the Guzzi engine.
Isn't the air cooled twin in general a bit "old tech" and "used"
Maybe it's about time Guzzi ditched it ?
:blink:

Heron heads are good. They accentuate low-mid rpm torque, which is what real world riders use. If you need a bike that does high rpm at the red line, then the Guzzi 750 twin isn't your bike.

The Guzzi 750 isn't a Ducati, nor is it a BMW. It's rugged, reliable, and easy to service. It's doesn't need a factory technician with expensive factory tools.

Love the bike for what it is.

sandy said:
rocker59 said:

Surely you could say the same thing about the Guzzi engine.
Isn't the air cooled twin in general a bit "old tech" and "used"
Maybe it's about time Guzzi ditched it ?
:blink:

Stinky bait, my friend...

Heron heads are ancient and don't flow well compared to other, newer designs.

There aren't many side-valvers around anymore, either...

As to air vs liquid cooling, that's like arguing oil or which way to put toilet paper on its roll...

But, more air-cooled street bikes are sold each year than liquid-cooled... So, there you go... ;)

Back