Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

NEW Stelvio Cast Wheels - USA avail.

Discussion in 'Stelvio Chat & Tech' started by GTM®, Mar 8, 2012.

1. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

All, I recently priced the NTX rear wheel for those here in the U.S. (post price increase), and it is now up to ~$1400 USD.

Guzzi offers cast wheels (2.75 x 19 & 4.25 x 17) in silver or matte black (not shown). Front wheel comes with bearings, spacer and dust seals already in place ($150 value).
    Custom colors on request/additional cost.

Contact me direct e-mail for info.; Info at GuzziTech.com

Stelv-CastWhls.jpg

2. zoom zoom

zoom zoom Tuned and Synch'ed

Re: Stelvio 4.25" Rear wheel info. - USA avail.

I bought the first set. The swap was straight forward and didn't need any special stuff. All parts transfered over to the new wheels. I did go and get valve stems for the new wheels. Eventually, I may outfit the old wheels as a second set.

Front:
    [​IMG]

Rear:
    [​IMG]

And for those who attended the National last year, Randy Teft was selling these:
    [​IMG]
    It now resides on the back corner of my H-B 45L Explorer trunk. :D

Zoom Zoom,
    John henry

3. BravoBravo

BravoBravo Cruisin' Guzzisti

Those wheels look really nice, John Henry.

Cheers,

Bruce

4. kmartin

kmartin Cruisin' Guzzisti

Gotta love that opener. I think you'll really like the narrow rear.

5. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I finally mounted a pair of cast wheels as shown below. I have one set in stock in silver per top post above. Contact me direct e-mail for more info; Todd at GuzziTech.com
    Color options (like shown below) are available at additional cost.

Stelvio-castwhls.jpg

6. guzzigeezer

guzzigeezer Just got it firing!

I was struck by the similarity between the picture you posted and my avatar picture. :shock: :mrgreen:

My picture is at the road to Black Balsam Mountain from the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC.

7. Chris UK

Chris UK Just got it firing!

I changed the wire wheels to cast when the Stelvio was just out of warrantee. I had a spoke seal fail and the tyre lost pressure, it is such a badly engineered junction of different materials/metals, ok in Italy but in England where the roads get salted in winter I could see more seals failing as the aluminium/steel/zinc plating combo all acted together to make the O ring seal give up the ghoast. So I bought a pair of cast wheels from a dealer in South London (now closed) for £400.00 and sold the cast wheels on eBay for £250.00.

They are easier to clean and will not have any leaking O ring problems. BMW had a better system on their GS where the spokes went into flanges either side of the rim and so did not pierce the rim itself. [​IMG]
    Other mods include rear hugger, fender extender, indicator bleeper, sat nav, heated grips, roller cam followers and sprung flight case handles on the paniers so they lay flat when not being carried.
    [​IMG]

hammer 12 likes this.