Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

New Tires

Discussion in 'Stelvio Chat & Tech' started by StelvioGT, Mar 28, 2011.

1. StelvioGT

StelvioGT Tuned and Synch'ed

Just put a pair of Pirelli Scorpion Trails on hope they last longer than the Sync's or the last pair of Metzler's I had on it. Tread looks aggressive enough for light offroad.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. garym

garym Just got it firing!

3. crazylee

crazylee Just got it firing!

What size are these ones and where did you get them from?

4. StelvioGT

They are Pirelli Scorpion Trails 180/55ZR17 and 110/80VR19 (stock Stelvio size) and got them from Motorcyle Superstore in the US. These tires come stock on the Multistrada I'm told.

5. kmartin

kmartin Cruisin' Guzzisti

I tried the Trails and couldn't see any appreciable difference in performance or life from teh Syncs. Hope you fare better. I'm on Continentals now, but haven't the milage to make a judgement as to longevity. They handle fine though.

6. Bisonheed

Bisonheed Cruisin' Guzzisti

I got these as original equipment on my NTX. I've only got 900 miles on them but they seem a good tyre, grippy enough in the cool conditions with no sign of wear yet, happy with them so far.

7. Bob Bernstein

Bob Bernstein Cruisin' Guzzisti

I replaced original Syncs at 4500 miles with a Pirelli Sync on the rear and a Pirelli Trail on front. So far only a couple hundred miles, they seem to handle just fine, but still too new to tell. :?:

8. skorpion

skorpion Tuned and Synch'ed

I got about 10,000 Kms out of the scorpion Sync that was fitted to the front from new. This was replaced with a Scorpion Trail, which so far has done about 12,000 Kms and is less than half worn.

I hace had about 10,000 Kms out of both Scorpion Syncs on the rear and have just fitted a Metzler Z6

John B

9. StelvioGT

I got 4800 out of the Sync's and then about 6200 from a pair of Metzler MEZ6's hope to get at least the latter on the new Trails, they don't seem as soft as the Sync's.

10. pnguzzi

pnguzzi Cruisin' Guzzisti

Just replaced my Rear with the same Scorpion Sync, got 5500 miles out of the first one. Looks like the front is about halfway done. :D

11. fatal

fatal Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Today I had a set of Dunlop Roadsmart tyres fitted, £200 to a pair of loose wheels at TST tyres, Culceth, Near Warrington. The previous Continenntal Road attacks lasted 5000 miles, the rear was badly squared off, but the front had plenty of tread remaining, but I thought I'd try a different set for the sake of a change. I 've got roadsmarts fitted to my Tiger 1050 they are damn good hoops, especially in the wet, I hope they last a bit longer than the Contis.
    I've no intention of using the bike off tarmac so full on road tyres are ideal for my riding.

12. WitchCityBallabio

WitchCityBallabio Cruisin' Guzzisti

Weird. I got about 7000 miles out of my Sync's, which is about what I expected. Hoping for the same or better out of the Trails.

Next move is the NTX rear rim so I can try the Tourance's or Annakees. They seem to do pretty well mileage wise.

13. Big E

Big E Cruisin' Guzzisti

Now there's a coincidence, I did the same at TST on Tuesday but they charged me £220.00 and lost one of my dustcaps.

Ian

14. guards 1656

guards 1656 Tuned and Synch'ed

just had a roadsmart put on the rear today at Racing Lines in Derby. £115. They've quoted £100 for the front. John Cooper Tyres also of Derby quoted me £140 for the rear, so it pays to shop around. £200 for a pair is a really good price. I think roadsmarts will suit me fine as my bike will be going off road as often as it'll be going on water.

The original sync had done 6500, I think I could have got a few more miles out of it but it's MOT time at the end of the month.

15. fatal

fatal Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Hi Ian, great minds think alike eh! Did you take your bike down to the shop? as the extra twenty quid you paid may be the difference in price for fitting to loose wheels. With the history of some fork legs cracking at the spindle bolts I thought I wouldn't risk anyone else removing the front wheel. I lost the hub centre dust cap, I forgot to take it out before I went to the shop; is that the one you lost as well?
    I've just orderd one from twiggers motorcycles, they said about one to two weeks for it to turn up from Italy. In the meantime I've been pulling my workshop apart to find something as a temporary bodge....nowt yet.

16. guards 1656

guards 1656 Tuned and Synch'ed

Looks like roadsmarts are becoming the tyre of choice here in the U.K.

17. mohawkeye

mohawkeye Cruisin' Guzzisti

You Brits are so lucky! Anyone know why the 110/90 18 isn't available in the States?

Edit: I meant 110/80 19 :oops:

18. Big E

Big E Cruisin' Guzzisti

Nope, I took lose wheels too. The dust cap was just a valve cap. I haven't ridden it yet but I hear the Roadsmarts get good press. Which is the hub centre dust cap, I don't seem to have one, or do you mean the dust cover which fits over the bearing seal? Try Corsa Italiana, they usually have quite a good range of spares in stock.

Ian

19. Bisonheed

Bisonheed Cruisin' Guzzisti

I've just replaced my Scorpion Trail rear for another with only 2,500 miles on the clock ! It's squared off badly and was affecting the handling, bugger.

20. nomad

nomad Tuned and Synch'ed

I have been running Roadsmarts on mine now for 18 months on the second set after the metz6 - I also run roadsmarts on both of my FJRs and by far the best tyre around at the moment.