• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New to Guzzi!

danketchpel said:
How I wish I could do a European delivery program, pick up the bike at the factory, spend 3 weeks riding all over the place, then have the bike shipped home. The European car companies offer this, I wonder if the bike companies do also?

The first time I went to the Guzzi factory there was a chap picking up his brand new Norge. It had German plates on and he was like a dog with two coc... Very happy anyway ! I don't know if they still do it but the other way would be to buy the bike and register it in Europe, ride it and then ship it. It would technically be a second hand bike you were shipping into the 'states so may save tax ? Just a thought, but it would be a hell of an adventure !

steve lindsay said:
Just got back with the new ride . 2012 Stelvio NTX and I love it . First time I've really been totally comfortable on a motorcycle for any distance ......... I couldn't believe how smooth this bike is ......... you will be damn impressed with this bike Cheers, Steve

Man..... you guys are killing me with these great ride reports.

Thanx, can't wait to see some pix of your new ride.

danketchpel said:
steve lindsay said:
Just got back with the new ride . 2012 Stelvio NTX and I love it . First time I've really been totally comfortable on a motorcycle for any distance ......... I couldn't believe how smooth this bike is ......... you will be damn impressed with this bike Cheers, Steve

Man..... you guys are killing me with these great ride reports.

Thanx, can't wait to see some pix of your new ride.

I'll try to get some pics up soon . Congrats on your bike and look forward to hearing more .

Re: New to Guzzi! & a dumb question, likely followed by othe

Are the gallons used for the MPG calculation done by the bike imperial gallons?

I cannot seem to find a way to change it!

In neutral, get to the menu, settings =>no option for it.

????
I've got an electronic version of the owners manual and cannot find what I'm looking for.

Someone knows how to do this, will you help me please?

So I guess what I read into the silence is ...

...there is no way to change to US gallons for the mpg.

When will the U.S.A. ever get on with the metric system?

So, if you cannot change to US gallons, is there a way for me to change from Imperial gallons to metric? What would that be l/100km or something like that, right?

henerythe8th said:

So, if you cannot change to US gallons, is there a way for me to change from Imperial gallons to metric? What would that be l/100km or something like that, right?

Yes, litres per 100 km. is how metric consumption is measured. Since mine is a Canadian market Stelvio, that is how it was set up when I received it, so I have never had to mess around with changing it. I am guessing that when you get into the menu, there is an option to do so in settings.

Bruce

I see a bunch of back and forth relative to whether the mpg is reported in US or Imperial gallons and not one link that tells how to change the values...

I searched before, and used yours, and still don't have an answer.

Oh well, I'll figure it out...

steve lindsay said:
GT-Rx said:
steve lindsay said:
I'm picking up a new 012 NTX Thursday . The mirrors are that crappy ?? I've heard some rumors . What should I be looking at for replacement? I'm really excited about the Stelvio and looking forward to putting some serious miles on . The weather is finally coming around here on the west coast......for the moment ! cheers, Steve
The stock mirrors/turn signals are garbage. Ring up MPHCycles in Houston (speak with Todd there), and he'll get you going. The Euro T/S fit into the stock bodywork, and if I'm not mistaken, the mirrors are the same ones on your Griso (off of the 1200 Sport). I personally really like that combo too.
You're going to love the Stelvio, and if you let it breathe and fix the fueling, you'll love it beyond words.

Just got back with the new ride . 2012 Stelvio NTX and I love it . First time I've really been totally comfortable on a motorcycle for any distance . My 35 inch inseam didn't quite fit the Griso and wind buffeting was getting to this aging neck even with the add on windscreen . I couldn't believe how smooth this bike is . When I picked it up Gord at Valley Yamaha ( Chilliwack ) gave me a run through and the bike had a full tank of gas when I left . I can say the guys at the Valley Yamaha dealership are in the same class as the gang at MI and just as passionate about these bikes . I will get some pics up Todd and thanks for getting back with this info . As a matter of fact Valley have the revamped set for replacement and will probably do so at first service . Beautiful weather here this weekend and am going to take advantage of it . I'll report in soon and if anyone is pondering a Stelvio purchase and your a little taller than average , go for it , you will be damn impressed with this bike Cheers, Steve
Steve,
I totally agree with you regarding Valley Yamaha, I bought my 2012 ntx from them and both the Gords (in front and the shop) are exceptional people to deal with. I came off of a KLR650 to the Stelvio after riding a friends and talking to a number of people who have owned Guzzi's. I am thrilled that I have gone with the Guzzi and after a brief 2300 km the bike just keeps getting better and better. My friend has 10,000 km on his 09 and says the motor is just really getting broken in.
I would not hesitate to recommend the stelvio as a bike or Valley Yamaha as an exceptional dealer.
Keith

henerythe8th said:

There is no selection option to go from Imperial to US gallons...my understanding is that the factory default is US gallons. It's easy to change from miles/gal to km/l but you need the service code to get into that part of the setup. Service code is 10695. FWIW, when I calculate my mileage using miles traveled vs fuel put in the tank I get something that is pretty close to what the dash is telling me. My mileage started out in the mid to low 30s when the bike was new. Now, at about 7K miles, I get as much as 47mpg on the highway...if I ride at a steady pace, no rain, no headwind.

There is no selection option to go from Imperial to US gallons...my understanding is that the factory default is US gallons. It's easy to change from miles/gal to km/l but you need the service code to get into that part of the setup. Service code is 10695.
FWIW, when I calculate my mileage using miles traveled vs fuel put in the tank I get something that is pretty close to what the dash is telling me. My mileage started out in the mid to low 30s when the bike was new. Now, at about 7K miles, I get as much as 47mpg on the highway...if I ride at a steady pace, no rain, no headwind.

THANKS!
Your post says so much more in a couple of lines than a couple of hours of reading with much frustration.

Have a GREAT DAY!

BravoBravo said:
henerythe8th said:

Yes, litres per 100 km. is how metric consumption is measured. Since mine is a Canadian market Stelvio, that is how it was set up when I received it, so I have never had to mess around with changing it. I am guessing that when you get into the menu, there is an option to do so in settings.

Bruce

Just a minute old chap, you surely can't have metric measurements in the colonies, you are part of the Empire, so you should have imperial gallons :eek: .
Those rebels to the south of you at least have gallons even it is a smaller measurement. But metric in Canada, good grief! :lol:

fatal said:
BravoBravo said:
henerythe8th said:

Bruce

Just a minute old chap, you surely can't have metric measurements in the colonies, you are part of the Empire, so you should have imperial gallons :eek: .
Those rebels to the south of you at least have gallons even it is a smaller measurement. But metric in Canada, good grief! :lol:

For better or worse, we have been on the metric system here for many years, although I still think in terms of inches, pounds and miles per hour. :D

Bruce

I just purchased a 2012 Stelvio NTX yesterday. It is my first Guzzi and I have been campaigning a 2007 V-Strom 1000 since 2008. I only have 170km on the Guzzi but I can see that it handles better (it just loves to corner!!) and it stops better. The Stelvio has more torque, so there is less shifting, and it is more stable at highway speeds. The transmission is smoother. The rear spring on the Stelvio is stiffer and more suitable for two-up riding. On the negative side, there is more engine vibration, but that seems to be confined to around 4000 rpm. After that it smooths right out. A bit of vibration (throbbing??) seems to be part of the character of the machine and overall, I like the Stelvio better.

I will never knock the V-Strom. I had a few issues with the Strom and sorted them out with a Power Commander and a rebuilt clutch basket. It has been a fine machine, but it was time to move onward and upward, and I'm glad I chose the Stelvio. :D :D :D :D

Back