• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New to me 2012 Griso - Parts Interchangeability

iMotoPilot

Just got it firing!
Hello from Texas! Can't tell you how excited I am to own this gorgeous bike. I need some help. My Griso was purchased without a headlight or the assembly that holds the bucket. Previous owner couldn't find it, had a number plate in its spot. Could someone tell me what year Grisos would interchange with my 2012 model? Thx!

Hello from Texas! Can't tell you how excited I am to own this gorgeous bike. I need some help. My Griso was purchased without a headlight or the assembly that holds the bucket. Previous owner couldn't find it, had a number plate in its spot. Could someone tell me what year Grisos would interchange with my 2012 model? Thx!

Go to a parts manual. If the other years have the same part numbers they will fit.

Looked up 07's & 14's. Brackets are the same for all years from beginning to end. 1100 & 1200 are same.
On the bucket different part #'s, could be just color.

Congrats and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia. Hope you'll add your info to the Registry here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/griso-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.1098/

There are color differences between the years (silver or black), so either I can help you get them if you want them new (or I might have some used if you rather), or of course you can ring your local dealer and they will be of help. Then there's always FleBay also.

Think you have your answer(s), but permit me to add one word of caution, having BTDT with (re)installing a headlight on my Griso.

Be VERY -- I say again VERY -- careful with the (POS) plastic bucket or you will find it a difficult repair or, failing that, an expensive part to rplace.

The OEM bucket is plastic. The fasteners that keep the bucket in place run thru the bracket assembly and into metal threads glued into the bucket.

There are particular issues if all the holes line up and the fasteners' threads mesh smoothly into bucket. That may happen for you; if so, put more in the offering plate this Sunday. :giggle:

But, if not -- or as is very likely if you are installing a w/s -- you will probably encounter tension as you torque down the bucket's fasteners. Here be dragons. :(:banghead::swear:

Best wishes for miles of smiles with your Griso.

Bill

P.S. Have to run to errands, so no time to see if you have already addressed this issue, but 2012 8v's are on the cusp of flatties & rollers, so trust you have looked into that i$$ue.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. She is going to be a winter project. Here are some photos.
- I need a headlight solution.
- Rear brake light solution.
- Something to hold my instrument panel.
- I have a couple of Ducatis and plan on taking my Guzzi to my tech for service. (It appears that valves should be looked at every 7k miles?)

Thanks again!

Attachments

• E324E8C8-4F97-4981-9758-3ACBFAD3EDFC.jpeg
    E324E8C8-4F97-4981-9758-3ACBFAD3EDFC.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 0A531EAC-4A1C-4C19-9957-EED9012D40AE.jpeg
    0A531EAC-4A1C-4C19-9957-EED9012D40AE.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 23
  • BA0E11A6-BB81-42D9-AD57-70CCEF9E2701.jpeg
    BA0E11A6-BB81-42D9-AD57-70CCEF9E2701.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 23
  • F3181FC8-08D1-453E-9993-85B9A1CD922F.jpeg
    F3181FC8-08D1-453E-9993-85B9A1CD922F.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 24
  • A9BB07AA-F040-43F3-BC8B-62BF82124F44.jpeg
    A9BB07AA-F040-43F3-BC8B-62BF82124F44.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 07F9B9DB-ACA8-4C5D-84D4-DD4DAA1714F9.jpeg
    07F9B9DB-ACA8-4C5D-84D4-DD4DAA1714F9.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 24
Thanks for all the replies everyone. She is going to be a winter project. Here are some photos.
- I need a headlight solution.
- Rear brake light solution.
- Something to hold my instrument panel.
- I have a couple of Ducatis and plan on taking my Guzzi to my tech for service. (It appears that valves should be looked at every 7k miles?)

Thanks again!
As Dilliw said, if it has flat tappets you need to address that.
Once roller tappets are in, while you do have to check the valves on a regular basis there is probably not a motorcycle out there with easier valves to check and adjust. It is as easy as valve adjustments get.
For my Daytona, when I removed the stock fairing and headlight I bought a twin headlight set up and made some simple brackets to mount it to the fork tubes using some quality stainless steel clamps. I lined the inside of the clamps with fiberglass heat wrap to keep it from scratching the forks. The brackets I made also mount the turnsignals.

Back