RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, We've completed the split of this website from our custom bike builds and products to our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. GuzziTech.com is now a secure site (https), and may require you to sign in again using your same password. We are back to our origins here with the Forum and Resources only. As always, zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine 2000-2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles Performance and Service workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work with our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

New to me 2012 Griso - Parts Interchangeability

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by iMotoPilot, Nov 5, 2018.

1. iMotoPilot

iMotoPilot Just got it firing!

Hello from Texas! Can't tell you how excited I am to own this gorgeous bike. I need some help. My Griso was purchased without a headlight or the assembly that holds the bucket. Previous owner couldn't find it, had a number plate in its spot. Could someone tell me what year Grisos would interchange with my 2012 model? Thx!

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT Famiglia

Go to a parts manual. If the other years have the same part numbers they will fit.

iMotoPilot likes this.
  3. V700Steve

V700Steve Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Looked up 07's & 14's. Brackets are the same for all years from beginning to end. 1100 & 1200 are same.
    On the bucket different part #'s, could be just color.

iMotoPilot likes this.
  4. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Congrats and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia. Hope you'll add your info to the Registry here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/griso-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.1098/

There are color differences between the years (silver or black), so either I can help you get them if you want them new (or I might have some used if you rather), or of course you can ring your local dealer and they will be of help. Then there's always FleBay also.

5. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    Think you have your answer(s), but permit me to add one word of caution, having BTDT with (re)installing a headlight on my Griso.

Be VERY -- I say again VERY -- careful with the (POS) plastic bucket or you will find it a difficult repair or, failing that, an expensive part to rplace.

The OEM bucket is plastic. The fasteners that keep the bucket in place run thru the bracket assembly and into metal threads glued into the bucket.

There are particular issues if all the holes line up and the fasteners' threads mesh smoothly into bucket. That may happen for you; if so, put more in the offering plate this Sunday. :giggle:

But, if not -- or as is very likely if you are installing a w/s -- you will probably encounter tension as you torque down the bucket's fasteners. Here be dragons. :(:banghead::swear:

Best wishes for miles of smiles with your Griso.

Bill

P.S. Have to run to errands, so no time to see if you have already addressed this issue, but 2012 8v's are on the cusp of flatties & rollers, so trust you have looked into that i$$ue.

6. iMotoPilot

iMotoPilot Just got it firing!

Thanks for all the replies everyone. She is going to be a winter project. Here are some photos.
    - I need a headlight solution.
    - Rear brake light solution.
    - Something to hold my instrument panel.
    - I have a couple of Ducatis and plan on taking my Guzzi to my tech for service. (It appears that valves should be looked at every 7k miles?)

Thanks again!

Attached Files:

7. Dilliw

Dilliw Just got it firing!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 7:53 AM
  8. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

As Dilliw said, if it has flat tappets you need to address that.
    Once roller tappets are in, while you do have to check the valves on a regular basis there is probably not a motorcycle out there with easier valves to check and adjust. It is as easy as valve adjustments get.
    For my Daytona, when I removed the stock fairing and headlight I bought a twin headlight set up and made some simple brackets to mount it to the fork tubes using some quality stainless steel clamps. I lined the inside of the clamps with fiberglass heat wrap to keep it from scratching the forks. The brackets I made also mount the turnsignals.