• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New to the forum

ajwooster

Just got it firing!
Hello Community,

I am new to 2 wheels and the Moto Guzzi world. (I hadn't even heard of the brand until a few months ago when I fell in love with and ordered a 2021 V7 Centenario). I take my MSF class August 16th and pick my bike up sometime after that. I joined to get to know the community and also for some advice on some upgrades, I want an exhaust and some engine guards to start. Later down the road I'm thinking some saddle bags. I like the idea of the clip on and off style. It seems there's almost nothing for the 2021 model available, but I assume either it's coming or most all the 2020 stuff will fit as the bikes look similar to me, but I'd love advice on that. I would also love advice on a great wheel lock (or lock system in general) and what GPS tracker you guys use. I'm in America if that helps. Thanks in advance!

As others have mentioned, check out the "store" on this website for alternative exhaust systems. Also as John said, installing a less restrictive exhaust will require changes to the stock fueling, so you need to look at the products under the fueling category of the store.

Lastly, for clip-on clip-off saddle bags you should investigate Givi. I've had a Givi top box and saddle bags on my KLR for eight years now and they still work perfectly.

Jason

I am new to 2 wheels and the Moto Guzzi world. (I hadn't even heard of the brand until a few months ago when I fell in love with and ordered a 2021 V7 Centenario). I take my MSF class August 16th and pick my bike up sometime after that.
Hi AJ, congrats and welcome to the GT Forum (and advance to the Guzzi Famiglia).
As stated above, the STORE tab above will get you most of the items you inquired about, outside of the lock and tracker.
Some of the older 750 items will work, and likely none of the engine/exhaust, etc will. I will be working on that soon and will update the online STORE and likely a post in this section as we go.
The crash bars I have online already; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/oe-guzzi-v7-850-crash-bars -- and I will verify with my favorite bag system soon as well; https://gtmotocycles.com/collection...epco-becker+model_v7-c-s?sort_by=best-selling
I think you'll find the wheel locks more of an annoyance, and barely a deterrence from any serious thieves, so check Amazon on that one. For the tracker, in the past, I personally have used; findmespot.com (monthly fees) -- and is one of the oldest and best out there.

Hi AJ, congrats and welcome to the GT Forum (and advance to the Guzzi Famiglia).
As stated above, the STORE tab above will get you most of the items you inquired about, outside of the lock and tracker.
Some of the older 750 items will work, and likely none of the engine/exhaust, etc will. I will be working on that soon and will update the online STORE and likely a post in this section as we go.
The crash bars I have online already; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/oe-guzzi-v7-850-crash-bars -- and I will verify with my favorite bag system soon as well; https://gtmotocycles.com/collection...epco-becker+model_v7-c-s?sort_by=best-selling
I think you'll find the wheel locks more of an annoyance, and barely a deterrence from any serious thieves, so check Amazon on that one. For the tracker, in the past, I personally have used; findmespot.com (monthly fees) -- and is one of the oldest and best out there.
Thank you so much! I appreciate the assistance and the warm welcome. I am excited to get riding soon. I am going to order the crash bars for sure if you think they will fit. Maybe I will ride for the rest of this season before doing the exhaust. I'm guessing there will be more options next summer. I am going to check into the tracker as bike theft is an issue in metro Detroit.

Hello Community,

I would also love advice on a great wheel lock (or lock system in general) and what GPS tracker you guys use. I'm in America if that helps. Thanks in advance!

Welcome! To touch on the lock/security point of view, know that there is no such thing as an impenetrable security system. Only harder to crack ones. For myself, I use a couple of wheel locks, one alarms, my bike's steering lock, a throttle lock, a locking steel cable (hoping to upgrade to a heavy duty chain, along with a lockable motorcycle cover. Takes a bit more time to get sorted in the morning and when packing it away for the night, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. My V7 is my largest and most beloved purchase to date, and I would be devastated if I lost it. I'd suggest looking for locks that use disc detent style tumblers which are harder to pick along with placing the locks in the hardest + most inconvenient places on your bike. The goal is to make your bike just enough of a hassle to not become a target. It's kinda sour, but if there's another unprotected bike next to yours, a thief will likely go for that one instead, especially if the other bike is a more popular or expensive model/brand. Good luck, gear up, and ride smart!

Hello again everyone. Having a hard time finding any information. What's the US warranty on a 2021V7? Should I purchase an extended warranty? Any retro helmets that are comfortable and safe?

Should be a 2yr warranty, last I checked. They have helmets same as Vespa helmets.
Thank you Steve, I saw something online that said a 4yr warranty when google it but I can't find any information what-so-ever on their website... odd. Or maybe that's just motorcycles??? LOL

Warranty documents with my 2021 V85TT Centenario clearly state 2 years with no mileage limitation. MG clearly excludes towing/transport to authorized dealer. With the limited number of dealers in USA, transportation for warranty repairs could get expensive.

Warranty documents with my 2021 V85TT Centenario clearly state 2 years with no mileage limitation. MG clearly excludes towing/transport to authorized dealer. With the limited number of dealers in USA, transportation for warranty repairs could get expensive.
Okay that sounds like a definitive answer, appreciate you! I have a Guzzi dealer about 25-30 miles from me, and I don't know that I plan on any cross country trips so I guess in that regard I'm lucky.

Okay that sounds like a definitive answer, appreciate you! I have a Guzzi dealer about 25-30 miles from me, and I don't know that I plan on any cross country trips so I guess in that regard I'm lucky.
I actually appreciate MG being very clear in their warranty documents about transportation. I had another manufacturer refuse to honor their warranty terms when a 2006 bike I purchased failed to start after I stopped for gas with a little over 1000 miles on the odometer. I was on a trip to an extended temporary job assignment so I called customer service to arrange towing to the nearest dealer (which happened to be close to my destination) and was not informed of any limitations. When the driver arrived, he informed me that the manufacturer would only pay a certain amount and I would be responsible for the rest. It was late in the day so I had no choice and paid the difference. I requested reimbursement through the manufacturer’s customer service and the dealer without success. If I had known that towing arranged by manufacturer customer service would not be covered completely, I could have arranged transportation at less cost.

Intermittent electrical problems can be difficult to find so the bike failed to start again a few weeks later. The dealer sent their service van to pick it up so that I would not incur transportation costs again. The dealer in my temporary location was great to work with, but the manufacturer did not comply with their stated warranty terms.

Hello again everyone. Having a hard time finding any information. What's the US warranty on a 2021V7? Should I purchase an extended warranty? Any retro helmets that are comfortable and safe?

I believe the above posts are right about the warranty.

In regards to helmets, they are very subjective. First, I'd recommend finding your head shape, then going from there. There are a bunch of resources online in places like YouTube. For safety, I prefer ECE standards to DOT and now even Snell. ECE is a rating that's updated often, wheras DOT is from the '70's. Don't get drawn into buying an uncomfortable helmet based on the looks; you will suffer on longer ride. Fitment>looks, there are plenty of ECE rated retro options out there!

Hey guys, just picked up my 2021 V7 today! I will register and post pics soon. I have a question though, the dealership told me I should bring the bike in at 600 miles for it's first service the owners manual seems to indicate 900 miles. Any thoughts on this? Is my dealer already trying to get a few bucks out of me? Also for break in how strict is the 4500 RPM rule? Thank you for the insight!

Changing the oil a little early is OK. It will get any wear particles out of the system. Do follow the break in routine and vary your RPMs. Acceleration under load (find some hills) will help seat the rings.

Pardon my Canadian, but I thought it was 600 miles or 1000 Km (900) for the first service interval ?
Then the dealer will have you back to reset the “Wrench” at the proper service interval ...

Back