• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New to the site

grade247

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hello ladies/gents my name is Tim and i am looking into getting a griso sometime here in the near future. I currently own an 84 honda VF750F Interceptor got it cheap for like $500 in good shape and with a whopping 18k on the clock. I saw a 2007 griso 1100 at a local shop in town here and fell in love and that was the end of that I had to have a griso so thats why I am here to pick the brains of the current owers and thier take on this fantastic machine.

Right now I am debating on the G11 vs the G12 but right now I am a bit more swayed to the G11 from some of the forums I have read about the better mid range torque on the 11 and the quieter engine sounds and the no worry cam issue the g12 might have and the price point for the g11 around here is quite nice a fully bagged (panniers tail and tank) pipe ecm and cold air on a 2007 1100 with 13k for under 8k is much nicer then 10k for a stock g12 so that is another reason. Let me know your thoughts on this guys and dont bash to hard not trying to start a war on g11 vs g12 lol

Tim P

Ive got the 8v and of course love it to death but my comment is more on the vf750f. I used to have the blue and white one. Bought it in 85 and it was my intro to 3/4 liter horsepower, four season riding and sweet babe pillions. Damn they were gurd times! But that was 25 years ago and through rose coloured glasses everything was.

Tim,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Moto Guzzi. They are a very unique and enjoyable motorcycle. I'm biased in this as I chose the G12 over the G11. I was able to get a leftover 2009 8v at an excellent price from an excellent dealer. I've never had a motorcycle I wanted less power with and the big Griso really satisfies.
The G11 should be very, very reliable. The G12, with the latest map Guzzi put out, #68s, wakes up and smooths out the engine to a level it was always meant to have. The G12 will need to have the cam/tappet update done if it falls into the serial number range. Once that's been done, the G12 has shown itself to be every bit as reliable as the G11. All the looks, all the reliability and more power, what's not to like about the big G.
There have been a couple of good deals on used G11 and G12 Grisos lately. Keep an eye out and you can get a very good deal.

All the best,

Mark

thanks for the kind and welcoming comments guys. I love the VF it is a reliable bike but I am just worried about the cam detonation the VFs had over the VFR. I was really really all about gettin a g12 cause I wanted the "bigger and badder machine" but since I can find good g11s around my neck of the woods for far far cheaper I think it will be more beneficial and maybe down the road get a g12 or heck maybe a g14/16 lol. I dont really tend to ride hard much anyways and since all the power in the 4k range on the g11 will far out do my VF750 I think I will enjoy the ride I mean my bike is 20+ years old anything with FI and big brembo brakes and the new technology will be night and day for me. I tend to stay right around 3-6k on my bike (limits at 10.5k) so the good mid range on the g11 I think will be awesome. Cant wait to become a REAL guzzi fanatic I love moto guzzi just never found any good ones around NH

Welcome to the world of Guzzi :) G11s and G12s can be fiddly things, but once you get them set up, they are as good as any bike out there in real world situations.

Just be sure to check the threads about suspension set up, thats the best thing to make sure is correct, for now.

Thank you again for the kind words. Sorry just not really used to manners and moderate kindness on forums.(been on some bad ones most young kids) I will be on here quite a lot asking questions and researching till my head explodes. I have a few quick questions, How is the riding position and foot peg placement on the griso I am 5'11" and my interceptor is very cramped at the knees slightly discomforting. The last question is how is the grisos ride height/lean angle the honda is ok but sits kinda low to the ground plus the bulky center stand it has limits me pretty bad scrapped that quite a few times.

Once again thank you for the kinda words and helpful adivce

Tim P

Tim,
I'm much shorter than you and everything was a bit of a stretch until I made some adjustments so you should be ok although there has been the odd person complain of limited leg room.
If the suspension is set up correctly ground clearance should be more than adequate.
If you are scraping pegs on a regular basis you must have ginormous nuts or your mad.

When you get your bike refer to the base suspension settings in the owners handbook and work from there or if you have a local suspension Guru get them to give you a base setting. If you search the site you will find a multitude of opinions on how to set up the suspension but keep in mind this will vary significantly depending on your weight and what sort of load you carry and how you ride. For every 100 Griso riders out there, there are probably 100 opinions on the best suspension settings and the funny thing is most of them will be right because there settings suit them best.
My point of view is, start from a sound base setting and then make one adjustemt at a time and see if it improves the performance then move to the next adjustment. You will never know what works if you make multiple adjustments at the same time.
This process took a little while but worked well for me.
Mark

ok sounds like a pretty smart idea no one really is quite exactly the same and rides the same way so start at a base and tune to MY needs. I am going to look at and hopefully test ride a 2007 G11 tomorrow well its midnight so I guess "today" lol and I found a few g12's in the area I am gonna get a chance to ride wish me luck this will tell me weater to get the g11 or 12 we will see what happens

fotoguzzi said:
Tim, you will be a KINGPIN when you ride around on your new Griso and never have another Honda thought.

I have to agree with you and have to say I like your choice in helmets ;). I have a N102 so does my mom and my father has an N43 Trilogy. I am looking into a N103 N-com (sick of fumbling about with ear buds they never stay put when I slide my helmet on) Always liked nolans latch system over conventional D-rings

Tim,
I'm 5'11" with riding boots on, and have a 30" inseam. The bike fits me fine. I'm very comfortable legs (knees), and arms on the bike.
Visually I'd prefer some more clipped handle bars, but I know for me they probably won't be as comfortable to ride.
I did switch the stock rear view mirror to some bar end mirrors and that stopped that super wide handle bar look to my eyes (that I don't like ).

Red5 said:
Tim,
I'm 5'11" with riding boots on, and have a 30" inseam. The bike fits me fine. I'm very comfortable legs (knees), and arms on the bike.
Visually I'd prefer some more clipped handle bars, but I know for me they probably won't be as comfortable to ride.
I did switch the stock rear view mirror to some bar end mirrors and that stopped that super wide handle bar look to my eyes (that I don't like ).

all very good info to know thank you. Well I got to ride a G11 today and holy god I am sold if I can find a g12 around my area for a good deal I might still consider getting it but the sheer power and ride difference from my 20+ year old honda to that italian monster of a V2 was night and day. I couldnt helmet myself to just laugh the whole time riding it I never thought riding a big bike like that could be so fun and spirited the Griso is a very decieving machine and deff cant be judged by looking at it you HAVE to ride it. The ride position was decent I liked it the leg room was far better which was a huge plus and the stock seat was suprisingly comfy. The suspension settingon the bike I rode was pretty nice would have to ride it quite a bit to fine tune it to where i would like it be seemed ok for my riding style. All in all I am completly sold on this machine even the factory pipe the sound was intoxicating cant wait to get one and really let it breath with a term. or GT-Rx pipe. In due time I will have a G in my garage I will keep you all posted

I'm 5'11'' and carry a lot of that height in my legs. I found the riding position somewhat cramped, but the Buell peg lowering kit made all of the difference. Details with part numbers are held against another thread hereabouts.

I know I am waking a dead thread but I had to let you all know this. I FINALLY got a chance to ride ALL the 2013 guzzi's!!! (seacoast sport cycles in NH is pretty awesome) I rode the V7 stone, cali 1400, stelvio,Norge. I was pretty happy with all of them fantastic machines! I will have to say I wasn't a huge fan none of them seem to be "the one". The Norge was a great machine BUT I honestly can say I am NOT a fan of full fairings. I am too use to wind hitting me and I got hot on a short 8 mile ride they let us test the bikes on. The Stelvio is an amazing machine cant say anything bad about it other then the fact im not a huge fan of the look of the bike. The V7 very fun little machine but it does feel "little" and to me honestly felt a bit more underpowered then the VF750 which was disappointing. The cali 1400 dear god that is a GREAT bike deff a lazy machine put it in 6th and leave it there the powerplant makes some beasty torque down low very good bike BUT the whole foot forward minimal lean angle was very aline to me just wasn't my cup of tea. I was just about to leave when the sales guy rushed out and told me he forgot about a used 2012 tenni green griso 8v LE they took on trade I could try if I would like. (did I mention I LOVE this dealership?) I was trying to contain my excitement when he pulled it up since it's the bike I have been wanting to try for YEARS! I got on it and wow haha that gas cap is deff pretty huge lol but I LOVE the green LE with the white stripes very classy looking machine. I prefer the narrow seat vs the G11 honestly I can get flatfooted at a stop on the G12 vs the 11. I got it down the drive down to the road and as soon as I got it rolling and was on the test ride it was NOTHING but pure gitty giggles in my helmet and a ear to ear grin! even down low that bike really moves but get it above that 5k mark and WOW!!! I rarely got the bike above 4k though so it's deff a good bike I could grow into I wont get bored of anytime soon. I think I deff found my bike! The sound from the stock pipe was FANTASTIC so I think I could live with that for a while wouldn't have to drop the $600+ on a new pipe anytime too soon. The $11K price tag is a bit rich for my blood so I am going to hold out for one in the sub 10k range but I sold my VF750 AND my Mazda RX7 project car to fund this bike I cant wait to truly join the Guzzi ranks!

In a few weeks I'll celebrate a half century of motorcycling. The Griso is my idea of perfection.

More power than any sane rider needs, nimble in the turns but long-legged enough to eat up miles when touring. Comfortable on mountain switchbacks or blasting down the interstate.

My '12 Griso Black Devil SE has been trouble free so far. Looks great sitting still and is a joy to ride anywhere and everywhere.

wittangamo said:
In a few weeks I'll celebrate a half century of motorcycling. The Griso is my idea of perfection.

More power than any sane rider needs, nimble in the turns but long-legged enough to eat up miles when touring. Comfortable on mountain switchbacks or blasting down the interstate.

My '12 Griso Black Devil SE has been trouble free so far. Looks great sitting still and is a joy to ride anywhere and everywhere.

I can't wait to have one sitting in my garage. I have only been riding for 5 years but I can see good things coming out of Guzzi!

Back