Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a paid to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

New Toronto Rider

Discussion in 'Canada & Alaska' started by trialsn, Oct 1, 2015.

1. trialsn

trialsn Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Hi all,

Figured I would start a thread in the Canada section as I will be a new rider in the Toronto area come this weekend (if everything goes to plan). I'm hopefully purchasing a V7 Special and thought it would be a good idea to see how many riders are in the area and potentially feeding off their knowledge of best service shops to go to and really anything else.

Cheers all,

C

2. twowheelmotorsport

twowheelmotorsport Just got it firing! GT di Razza Pura

Hey Trialsn
    I am in Guelph and happy with the service at Two Wheel Motor Sports in Guelph.
    Also happy with anything that I have done with Todd Eagan who runs this site.
    Getting cold here now but hope to see you out there..
    Also look up Ontario Guzzi Riders.
    Cheers

3. CC Rider

CC Rider Just got it firing!

I am visiting Two Wheel Motor Sports on Saturday to test ride a Cali Tour or Eldorado. I have only looked and sat on a Cali at the bike shows, but the bike is impressive. I currently ride a '98 BMW R1200C and I feel it's time for a touring cruiser. The Cali is on my top 3 list next to a BMW R1200RT and a Victory Cross Country. I know they are all different bikes.
    So the big concern I have is Dealer/Service support in the Toronto area. Will I have to bring the bike to Concord or Guelph to get any service, or are there independent shops in Toronto that can do out-of-warranty work?
    Is it easy to do routine maintenance your self namely oil changes, air filter, battery, plugs, tranny, and final drive? On my R12C I need a special BMW oil filter adapter to change the filter, and I have to remove the tank to access the air filter and battery.
    I am excited about the ride this Saturday. Any questions I need to ask the Sales guy?

Cheers

4. OntarioV9Roamer

OntarioV9Roamer Just got it firing!

Hey All, I'm a new rider and Guzzi owner in the east GTA. I don't have many friends with bikes. If anyone wants to go for a ride let me know.

5. grinmaul

grinmaul Tuned and Synch'ed

Make sure you pop in to Leslie and Lakeshore on a Thursday night Tim Hortons and Freshco parking lot, good opportunity to meet 100's of riders. other then mine its rare to spot a Guzzi there, come represent!:)

OntarioV9Roamer likes this.
  6. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I sold my Montauk for the Cali 14 Tour, the battery has to be removed to replace the air filter, engine filter is recessed like the 1200C but I use the wrench I had for the Montauk which fits the OEM filter, however a different filter may require a different wrench. Trans oil, no issues. The rear wheel has to come off to change the final drive oil but this could be tied in with tyre changes. I intend to look at modifying the shroud that covers the final drive fill plug, not sure if others have done it.
    Lots of help and info on the forum from some very knowledgeable guys and the GT Store has plenty of quality items to improve the bike.

7. OntarioV9Roamer

Does this night go on into the fall? I could probably make it next week.

8. grinmaul

grinmaul Tuned and Synch'ed

It should, have not been in a month myself, but i am planing to go tonight. there is probably some diehards there in january:)

ill either be on a orange stelvio or black v7 stone.

i see this was from over 2 weeks ago, sorry. but supposed to be great weather today:)

9. OntarioV9Roamer

Can't make it today, but I'm gonna do the Town moto Poker Run on Sunday.