Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a paid to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the opinionated negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

New updates to my Audace

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by MikeT68, Dec 28, 2018.

1. MikeT68

MikeT68 Just got it firing!

Just a few pics here. I have had a difficult time figuring out what will and will not fit on my 2016 Audace so I thought that I would share my progress to help anyone else who may be looking to make similar changes.

So Far I have added the following:

Dart Marlin flyscreen
    Aprilia heated grips
    Hepco-Becker Big Buffalo Bags with C-Bow mounts
    Stock Griso mirrors

All went on with no difficulty at all.

The Bags look great on the bike and really go with the overall style. Todd got me the black C-bow brackets and I think that they look pretty good, about as unobtrusive as any bag mount could be when the bags are off the bike. I think that the chrome ones would have really taken away from the look of the bike.

The Griso mirrors are just placeholders for now. I needed something that looked decent and would allow me to see something behind me other than my elbows and shoulders. The stock mirrors are really terrible. I like the shape, but the stems are far too short. I am planning to get billet mirrors at some point but all in time...

I have Todd's Tidy Tail and plate surround with LED lights, if the weather cooperates I will mount that tomorrow. KIMG0478.JPG KIMG0481.JPG

I still have several stickers to get off the bike and I have a bunch of other mods planned and will update as I go.

2. Raven

Raven Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Looking good!

3. CCosby

CCosby Just got it firing!

Got some more pictures of the flyscreen? Looks good on it.

4. MikeT68

MikeT68 Just got it firing!

Here is one more picture of the flyscreen. If there is a particular view or close up of the mounting hardware that you were looking for let me know and I will get it.

I also posted a picture of the license plate bracket. The bracket itself fit perfectly, not much too it, just a piece of laser cut steel but it does the job as it is supposed to and looks so much better than the factory mount.

The surround with the LED light required that the factory light connector be clipped off the stock light and wired to the new one. No a problem at all. One quirky thing about the surround is that the wiring for the light comes out of the back of frame directly where the plate sits. There is no provision made to allow the wire to pass the plate. To make it work I had to notch the top of my plate for clearance. Not a big deal but it is just something to take note of.

Also you can see the Griso mirrors in these pictures. They look alright and I can now see behind me. Those will be replaced with something nice at some point in the future.

One quick question for anyone who may want to jump in here. I have never understood the reason why it is so common to block off the license plates of cars and bikes that are posted online. I did it here because it is done so often and maybe there is a good reason that I am not aware of. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks

KIMG0483.JPG KIMG0485a.jpg

5. Raven

Raven Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I believe it's to remain anonymous. With your plate number it's possible to track down who you are and where you live.

6. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Incorrect for here in the US - That would be only if you are in law enforcement. If this were the case, anyone walking around could track you down by a license plate.

7. Rickhinnz

Rickhinnz Tuned and Synch'ed

Down here in New Zealand it is easy to track down the owners address from the rego. You, as the owner, actually has to contact the vehicle licensing people and apply to opt out of having the info available to all.

But then we have to jump through hops and our pledge our souls (if you still had one) to get any firearms.