• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New used 2009 Griso 8v

katoosh

Just got it firing!
My 2005 KTM ADV950s got stolen. I was on the way to get an FZ-09 to get back into the sport touring/fast riding. One quick trip to Scuderia West (SF) just to see what they had. My wife pointed out a well sorted black Griso with low miles (while I was drooling over 1190 Adventure). Never had seen or ridden one, bought it in 10 minutes. And she doesn't even ride. "This one looks nice."

Completely awesome bike! Pictures don't even begin to do it justice. This is my fourth Guzzi going back to '89. Yes, they vibrate. Yes, there are faster, lighter bikes. These things have souls. And this one is so much better than any I've had before. Way more power, torque monster, suspension good (especially compared to the old Tontis), and no shaft effect. Again, awesome.

It makes me feel so alive to ride this bike. Who could ask for more!

Forgive the cross post if anyone reads ADVRIDER, I had to say sign out, so the above could be seen over there. They actually had a surprisingly good amount of discussion on Griso.

Picture to follow, especially b/c I can't identify my aftermarket slip-on. Wish I knew who did the fueling!! It has PCV and Autotune (with O2 sensor welded into y-pipe). The top or the air box was DIY modded with nicely done holes. Very nice, a little thirsty, but plenty of time to work with that. Certainly seems like a Todd set-up. Tail-tidy, Lowered foot pegs. Michelin Power Pure with a little life left in them. Fancy mirrors. 7100 miles. Very clean. One key (only bummer). I think the owner was down Monterey way.

Not sure what the technical bulletin status is. Kind of important, especially on a 2009. My guess, based on condition and performance mods, are that it was all taken care of.

Everything works well together. Totally turnkey. Need to dial in the suspension, but my shop is the street in front of my SF house - limiting.

Thanks to all for the fantastic info contained in the forum. I look forward to more, as like so many have said before, this bike is a definite keeper! Hope to see some of you this weekend at the Northern California State Rally.

I THINK you may have the griso I owned for a year. Black, right? The formerly silver middle section of the front mudguard painted matte black? And the fancy mirrors are black Napoleons mounted at the stock locations? If this is the bike -- and I think it is -- I know all about it and can help you with whatever you need. At the time I sold it, it had the PCV and Autotune but both were disabled as it was running a map from Todd and I liked it that way. I sold it then with a set of cables to swap map and with a set of maps Todd provided; not sure if you got it. At the time it also had a second key, second undrilled airbox lid, stock takeoff parts, and a full log of service/events under my ownership. The aftermarket pipe is Todd's. I still have whatever info I had then to go with it.

The person I sold it to was in fact based in Monterey but I think it moved quite a bit in between. I have seen it after he parted with it first at a Harley dealer down there, Seaside or something, and later advertised by that clueless Santa Rosa dealer, asking absurd money for it and with a description full of inaccuracies; about half a year ago for at least three months. Wonder how it ended up at Scuderia :)

Oh yes, the status of the technical bulletin is every recall done before it rolled out of the dealership in Elk Grove. There was a small but persistent oil leak that was located after a while -- oil delivery banjo between the cylinders -- and also fixed under warranty; documented here on one of the threads of mine. Spark plug caps and wires I switched to those red jobs by NGK from Japan as they originals were in fact damaged by the service dept at the dealer and were arcing through to the cylinder. I don't quite recall everything but if I am sure I can dig out an Excel sheet for you with all the info.

Yes, I believe it is. I was just cleaning thing up in anticipation of the long trip to Bolinas (hahaha) for the gathering. I did notice the mudguard is black. Great bike. I would love to have all the info you have, obviously. I'll look up all your old threads as well. I figured the slip-on was Todd's, but it looks like the current offering is slightly different. Earplugs required. Look forward to getting all the info. Thanks a million. You might even know the key code!! A blank was included in the box o' parts that Scuderia had. I forgot to mention a tasteful, but (to me) unnecessary wind screen. Screws up the lines. I have some Cortech soft bags and my old (beloved) Marsee tank bag. So far, just one blast up to the Sierra with gear, but I anticipate many more. Stumbled onto a small music festival up in the middle of nowhere at 8000 feet! Many trips down to the Santa Cruz Mountains, and Mount Hamilton (and Lick Observatory) last Saturday. So far, so good. And heh, I get to ride all winter. (I just had to add that.)

Definitely interested in the ECU situ. I just assumed that PCV/Autotune was engaged. I've never started it with the seat removed.

The user code was set by me to be the same as the service code -- 12425; try that. Windscreen must have been a later addition; I never installed one. I take it the Corbin seat with a silver stripe did not come with the bike?

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you what I can dig up.

Same here Katoosh, bought mine as soon as I saw it. I didn't even try the bike, just the looks alone was enough to consider my decision. Love this bike.

Back