• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New V7/85 65hp for 2021

So is 80x74 for the V7 and
84x77 for the V9 correct?
Is the V85tt and this new motor for the V7 also 84x77?
An oversquare engine explains the rev's and I see from your explaination where they got the power.

What is the bore and stroke of the 820cc kit you offer for the V7?
Stroke stays the same as stock. Bore is the same as the V9 but with forged pistons. It’s the best of both worlds to be honest.

very thought out! 4,000 miles into it and I haven't run into a single issue.
Runs buttery smooth.
I haven't even installed headers on mine yet but im working on that.
Thanks for posting, and wait until you get the headers on!

The whole attraction of the roamer for me was it resembled the standard style bikes of late 70's early 80's I remember. I looked at the CB1100 and the Z900RS and was leaning towards the Z900RS until I remembered what I don't like about inline 4's. The vibration/buzziness.

So now I was back to a twin or a triumph triple. I found the roamer that looked like a good canvas to recreate that standard style I was looking for and most of the look was there. Plus I get the Guzzi V twin which I had always admired along with the boxer twin. I looked at BMW but the roamer really had the look and I felt it was something that would be fairly easy for me to work on...

I don't care that it only has 55 hp. It is torquey enough for crusing around backroads which is what I do with it. My only complaint is the noisy trans most loudest in 3rd. Ireally like the sound, my bike came with mistrals.

The local shop said poor sales is why Guzzi is dropping the roamer and mgx. I wasn't going for the bobber look so the V9B wasn't for me.

I didn't buy the roamer new, so didn't help with sales. There just wasn't enough of a market guys like me who wanted a bike with the vintage standard style look. The new motor in the V7 will inject some power in to it and that has to be a good thing.

My rule of thumb has been 75hp is adequate, 100 is entertaining then you get up into bikes like the 2008 Aprilia Tuono I had and you get into thrilling. So the 55hp of the Roamer is okay for what I use it for.

A rider after my own heart: Similar sentiments led to my purchase of a new Roamer three years ago, and I previously owned a 2007 Tuono. (And ironically, I'm a former OKC resident!)

I agree with your assessment of the power levels. And although I dearly miss the power of the Tuono for certain situations, it was always plenty more than I needed. As for my V9, Todd's exhaust and fueling mods seem to have greatly improved response and grunt - the motor definitely feels more alive throughout the rev range than it did prior to these upgrades. Having stated that, I was generally satisfied with the power of the V9 off the showroom floor, but a bit more passing power at freeway speeds is always welcome.

I'll be anxiously awaiting a Racer/Le Mans version of this new V7 platform, though I won't be giving up my Roamer. I get the observations that have turned many off to the V9, but I was seduced by the looks of the Giallo Solare Roamer when I first saw it in a showroom. And the character of the motor sealed the deal for me after a short test ride. Nevertheless, I've struggled to come to terms with the ergonomics as far as the bizarre seat/peg relationship go (as Todd points out earlier in this thread). For cruising around the original forward placement of the pegs was okay for me, but scraping them the minute I dared to ride a bit spiritedly got old. So on went the rear-sets, but this modification slightly alters the intended relaxed nature of the bike (IMO) as it reels your legs up and in a bit.

Bottom line: I love my V9 Roamer for what it is, but there is room in my heart (and garage) for a more performance-oriented Guzzi with classic Le Mans styling. (Of course, I use the term "more performance-oriented Guzzi" in a relative sense here.)

Not sure how reliable the Robb Report is, but here's an interesting bit on pricing. It still won't tempt me, but that is a bit less expensive than I would have guessed! Go Guzzi! That should help agalinst the RE 650's, etc.

"Moto Guzzi will be presenting the 2021 V7 Stone for $8,990, while the Special will fetch $9,490. Expect both models to be on dealer floors by March."

Not sure how reliable the Robb Report is, but here's an interesting bit on pricing. It still won't tempt me, but that is a bit less expensive than I would have guessed! Go Guzzi! That should help agalinst the RE 650's, etc.

"Moto Guzzi will be presenting the 2021 V7 Stone for $8,990, while the Special will fetch $9,490. Expect both models to be on dealer floors by March."

Agree. Thinking this will bring more riders to Guzzi than the previous V7. I think it's really well done based on what we've seen. Still, I have my Milano tweaked about perfectly for me and have grown very attached to the damn thing.

Agree. Thinking this will bring more riders to Guzzi than the previous V7. I think it's really well done based on what we've seen. Still, I have my Milano tweaked about perfectly for me and have grown very attached to the damn thing.
I really hope it does bring more riders into the brand. Younger riders like myself are always curious to try other markets if it’s appealing(cost,maintenance, performance, reliability). Let’s see what the future brings.

I think 400-600 lb bikes is where the sales are. I find myself riding my 900 lb touring bike less and less and really seriously considered replacing it with a 1250RT. Neither one of my sons want to ride my touring bike or even borrow it for a trip.
Completely agree, unless you are going on one heck of a trip there is no need for such a beast. And as some of us get older a big heavy big is not so much fun. My V7 III does me great for short and medium riding, and I have plans for a Norge in the future, that will be my long range ride.

Looks to me like V9 owners should be looking for the first set of V85tt heads that they can find. (if they want more power)
i betting that most of the power gains are coming from the bigger valves. I suspect that the cam may be a little different, but I cant confirm.

The local shop is doing a big bore and cam on a V9. I think they are having a cam made. When I stop in I will ask. Stock the engine is understressed and should run a long time without stressing any other components. I knew I was getting 55hp when I bought it. The Audace with a handlebar change would be my choice if I wanted more power

The new pistons were domed and 3.358" so they bored it about.050. They decided to go with stock cam because like you said it's pretty good. Same throttle body and reflash computer. Interesting..

The new pistons were domed and 3.358" so they bored it about.050. They decided to go with stock cam because like you said it's pretty good. Same throttle body and reflash computer. Interesting..
Gotcha, thanks for posting. That's leaving the cylinder walls paper thin. I guess at this point I am curious as to how they handle the fueling and timing. Took me a LONG time to resolve.

If the new V7 has the V85TT motor, l wonder if the front exhaust pies are interchangable? I find the the V85 front pipes a PITA to keep looking presentable.

If the new V7 has the V85TT motor, l wonder if the front exhaust pies are interchangable? I find the the V85 front pipes a PITA to keep looking presentable.
You'd probably be better off fitting a mudguard from the Aprilia Caponord and Pyramid Plastics front fender extension, certainly a cheaper option! :)

Back