• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New V7/85 65hp for 2021

Gents, The V9 bobber is a bike that you either love or hate. If you like the look and the vintage frame-handling, then this is the bike for you. It doesn't try to be anything that it is NOT. As far as the new V9 power update, it is very welcome but the old V9 isn't under powered. It is adequate. When you increase power ratings, many other components must be upgraded as well. Suspension, brakes and cooling come in mind first. Is it worth giving up/selling the old V9 for the new version? I think NOT. The V9 bobber isn't a performance machine, it is a light weight cruiser and it does everything that is meant to do very well. I thought about the new V9 engine but.....if you were in my shoes.....would you sell this?

7359D4C8 8F58 44AF BB45 3F6ED9DCE9FC AC78F8E3 41D8 49C0 B511 05931E08B36E

Looking at what it would cost to get into a new one, I personally could not justify it..
If you like her, what are doing looking at other girls... if she finds out she’s be pissed and leave you on the side of the road in the rain !

PS:I think the pipe wrap looks good !
Send those nay sayers over here to have a look.

Last edited:
Curious about the gearbox improvements on the new V7. Sometimes it is not easy to find neutral in the V7 III. Thinking about trading my V7 III carbon for the new special. Lets see.

Cycle world just posted a review of the new V7...they are not very impressed.

cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-reviews/2021-moto-guzzi-v7-stone-first-ride-review

It wasn't that bad -
"The clutch lever is springy and the feel is very vague, making it hard to detect the engagement point based on your hand alone. The combination of abrupt fueling and lack of clutch feel can lead to a bit of lurching, especially if you have the traction control switched off."

and tuning is a bit off -
" I closed and reopened the throttle quickly and was greeted with a pulsing effect from the fuel injector that upsets the chassis. Thinking it may have been a fluke, I tried this on three different motorcycles and found that it was consistent and repeatable."

They also whine a bit about canyon carving - but it they wanted a Sport bike they should have been testing a Sport bike...

"Moto Guzzis have always been funky motorcycles, bikes out on the fringe. They’re a choice for the rider who doesn’t want a Harley or a Triumph, but something more unique, Italian, and not seen quite as often."

That's why I picked up mine.

Overall ,it is what it is.

Last edited:
I wonder if they solved the enging knocking/pinging issues with this new/revised engine. But I guess not, since there are some reports of this happening on the V85TT also...

So here's where my frustration comes in... As a former CW contributor, "journalism" used to be of unbiased opinion based on your experience, in knowing what the bike was designed for, and it's market. I know Morgan quite well. He's from the HD bagger side of things, and riding everything on the planet will slant your opinion, especially when the last bike he rode may have been opposite side of the spectrum. There's actually a worse review online, but I will not give them any traction here. My other friend Evan has a better take worth reading; motorcycle.com/manufacturer/moto-guzzi/2021-moto-guzzi-v7-review-first-ride.html (notice no hyperlinks here folks).
I get even more frustrated that I am not invited to ride them for a review like I used to. Damn kids are in charge for the last ~10+ years, and it's only who they think are cool, even if it's bad press they tell me.
I imagine to a handful of the V7 owners here, it will be a nice upgrade. For those that currently like their V7s, my GTM 820 kits will get you there for likely a whole lot less. ;)

I wonder if they solved the enging knocking/pinging issues with this new/revised engine. But I guess not, since there are some reports of this happening on the V85TT also...
Not likely. Europe has much better fuels than we do, so that helps. However, they are fueling this engine at stoichiometric (14.6 AFR) and way above from the info I have pulled on my dyno. Crazy lean territory for an air-cooled engine IMO. Polaris Indian, through an engineering metallurgy miracle, can run theirs up there as well, with "normal" operating temperatures at 350dF/176dC and well above.

Not related, but worthy of mention: Note where the 02-sensors/lambdas now live in the pic below.

V7 850 02

Thanks for comments, especially from Admin. I tend to agree that some reviewers, well, they "just don't get what a Guzzi is". The new engine interests me. I waiting to see if a Racer or more sporty version is released. I had my V7 III Special out this morning, she is a glorious ride in my opinion. It would take a very interesting bike to get me to trade. If I lived in CA, I would upgrade to the GT kit.

Why does only one review complain about vibration? Don't know about the new V7-850 yet but the V85 has about the least vibration of any bike out there.
Heck, I like the vibration on my V7III, it's part of the experience. Part of the feeling of this being something other than a mass produced motorcycle for the masses.

I'm keeping mine. I've done quite of bit of customizing to get the look I wanted. Only thing left to do is a tune on it. Really like the bike.

Any info about ECU? Is the same like previous V7?
Difficult to find, but I did some digging. It's the same it looks like; Single 38 mm Marelli throttle body vs. the V85TT's 52mm throttle body/7SM2 ECU. Not a feasible swap either as the MIUG3 is ECU & TB combined as most here should know. Very unfortunate.
I jumped through the hoops on their new (corny) web page for the V7-850 PDF; motoguzzi.com/us_EN/models/v7/ -- Attached/below.
Pretty insulting to the historic nod for the model though. Wish they'd stop it.

Attachments

• V7-850-E5.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 24
A priori it's a MIUG4 ( guzzi-forum.de/Forum/index.php?topic=53541.0 )

Last edited:
Back