Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

New V7 with 4V Heads

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by mwrenn, Feb 2, 2015.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Thanks Mike. Folks, know that Mike is doing all of the real world R&D on this. Plan is to be sure when I finally offer it, we have a solid kit that will provide years of enjoyment. We're almost there. Pricing will not be cheap, as we're dealing with many un-obtanium/custom parts. Target is 55-60 rwhp. When my '16 Racer arrives next month, the fun will begin and documented here.

scudracer, bikeseamus and A*D*A*M like this.
  2. GT-Rx®

After some slight tweaks, Mike ran his 4V-V7 again today on the dyno. Below shows an overlay of his bike (blue trace) versus a stock 2013 V7 (red trace). Mike's 4V is still using the stock V7 cam... Impressive for sure. Next up is the 820cc big bore on my newly arriving V7 II Racer. Should be able to achieve 60 rwhp. Stay tuned.

StockBoreV74V-vs-StockV7-Dyno.jpg

Gruzzer likes this.
  3. mwrenn

mwrenn Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Thought Id post up the last run, where the tech ran it to the rev limiter in every gear. The tech showed me where speed topped out at 127 mph. I was happy with the result. The graph overlay in the previous post tells the tale...sheesh....Todd's Racer will have no problem making 60 RWHP, and be bullet proof too.
    Anyway, last run was 54.99 RWHP...fun stuff... 20150826_185654_002.jpg

4. JimZee

JimZee Just got it firing!

Interesting...

Thanks

5. GT-Rx®

Progress... Should have it firing later this coming week. Stay tuned for Dyno #'s.

image.jpg

scudracer, Moto_Max and BenRCMC like this.
  6. Lank

Lank Just got it firing!

that is sweet, did you get to dyno the ported 2V heads?

7. GT-Rx®

Not yet, I will next week, my V7S with ported 2V heads is out this week on rental.

8. Trout

Trout GT Reference

OK so it looks like a month has gone by since Todds last post......News?

9. GT-Rx®

We've had a few interesting hurdles since trying to retro fit my 2016... mainly new push rods and (thanks to Mike) custom made lifter cups that drop/press into the stock lifters. Mike used stock Lario lifters in his, and we're trying to make the kit as plug and play as possible. I just got the new custom length push rods yesterday, and will be working on re-assembly this weekend. More as I have it.

scudracer, volloy and A*D*A*M like this.
  10. GT-Rx®

My 820-4V is running, just finalizing the mapping on the 820-2V & 4V this week. For those who have bought the kit already, I'll be in touch for details early next week or sooner.

11. mwrenn

mwrenn Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Awesome news Todd! Looking forward to ride reports on both bikes!

12. gyrorex

gyrorex Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

mwrenn,
    Great to read about the 4 valve conversion! I too have a set of Imola heads and have looked st this same setup! Who did your machine work and what valves did you use? Any info would be very helpful.
    Thanks, Rex

13. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

Has any comparison been done: flow of the Lario 4V heads vs the new V7III hemi heads in stock form?

14. GT-Rx®

As in flow data? No, and likely won’t happen any time soon unless I have two apart again at the same time, and even then all of my time to do things like this typically gets ignored when it comes time to purchase things (not directed at you Godfrey).
    I have a whole other thread dedicated to my work on this kit with dyno info.

DK-V7classic likes this.