Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

new V7III Stone S -- any pics or videos in real life?

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Maj Steve Trevor, Sep 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

What rear tire

2. aproud1

aproud1 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Stock Sport Demon.

3. vagrant

To be that right it must be a defective speedo!!! Had a R1100R that was 10 fast at 60 mph. Sold the POS

aproud1 likes this.
  4. aproud1

Anything is possible. I could be wrong, have really only looked once. I'll check again this weekend. I'm usually just around town and avoid highways during the week and rarely use GPS.

My old VN750 was about 5 mph off at 70.

5. vagrant

I bought a new 2012 gold wing dead accurate everywhere! No excuses for this fast BS!

6. aproud1

Yeah, with stock tires I don't get it being off at all. Maybe I'm just not spending enough on motorcycles?

Wildroamer and Mayakovski like this.
  7. vagrant

No, $ doesn't matter. My 1996 BMW R1100R was 10 MPH fast and they never could get rid of the surge.

8. aproud1

Thats a shame.

So I checked with Calimoto and my V7iii looks to be 2 - 4 MPH off at 70 MPH.

9. Maj Steve Trevor

Maj Steve Trevor Tuned and Synch'ed

I drove a couple of hours to check out the closest one. I have to say it looks pretty good to me in person. I'm a sucker for that tank -- it almost has the feel of bare metal in person. One surprise: All the pics you see have the full LED lighting system, with an admirably small brake light and the slim LED turn signals, but for a reason that the dealer seemed unclear about US bikes have the same LED headlight, but a significantly larger LED brake light, and the larger, non-LED signals that you see on other V7IIIs.

To me, it's the worst of both worlds. That is, I was sort of hesitant about the stock headlight, just a bit too fancy for me, with the "halo" and separate chambers for high and low beams. Just aesthetically not my thing, I like a more traditional headlight. BUT, the smaller brake light and signals seemed cool. So the US version has the fancy headlight, but then also the larger tail light and larger NON-LED signals. A weird mix...

The store here has the signals that will fit I think (same as NIght Pack), but man I'd like to get rid of that big brake light on the US version as well, and that seems harder to find. Ideally, I'd like to replace the whole lighting system with a halogen headlight and smaller, more retro aftermarket brake light and signals, but not sure how easy that would be.

If anyone reading this has the US version of the Night Pack, what was the set up on that? And have you made any modifications>

10. Githianki

Githianki Tuned and Synch'ed

The NiPack has the same setup for the signals and tail light. I have a post about it on here. The LED light is surprisingly good at night, I had to adjust mine because it was aimed a little bit too low. I do believe Todd mentioned he can get both the smaller tail light, and signals. I haven't changed anything yet, but the only thing I have planned right now is the turn signals, and hoping Todd comes up with a tidy tail of some sort.

Maj Steve Trevor likes this.
  11. subin

subin Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

I have a Night Pack. According to some posts from this and another MG forums, the large turn signals and tail light are probably due to the US DOT regulations.
    I have just ordered the OEM LED turn signals, but they are in backorder until late November or Early December. I decided on these because they are plug and play with the Night Pack at reasonable price. For the front ones, I need to remove the dash to find the connectors. For the rear ones, I could just remove the turn signal, pull the wire out, and disconnect the plug. I am leaving the tail light the way it is.

As for the LED head light, my only concern is that if it goes bad, it looks like I need to buy the whole head light assembly and it is like $900. I guess if that happens, I could probably go with aftermarket one for less than that.