RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Happy 2019! Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny handmade business. Thanks for your patience on orders. GuzziTech is now back to our origins; Enjoy the Guzzi Community Forum and Resources here. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine 2000-2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles Performance and Service workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

New V9 Roamer England

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by gasgas, Dec 29, 2018.

1. grame

grame Just got it firing!

If you're interested, I have a V9 full-sized windscreen for sale on Ebay. I also have a set of V9 Bobber bars!

2. gasgas

gasgas Tuned and Synch'ed

I believe they do, when I went they had a H-D, several BMWs and classic Hondas. I would rather go somewhere where they know what 25 thou and 15 thou are for, gents with grey hair and greasy fingernails than a place where they only know how to plug a computer in. Anyway I will find out of course but I have no reason to think they will do anything other than a thorough job. The bike being new shouldn't need anything unusual doing to it anyway, should it?
    I once took my car (a Subaru) to a main agent Nissan dealer for a service because it was a special November offer. I was going to buy a Nissan Leaf from them. They told me they hadn't changed the spark plugs on my car because it had a diesel engine. I said "I don't swear, but I cannot think of anything else to say. It has a petrol engine, go and change the spark plugs". They came back after a bit and said "Your car has a Wankel engine, we don't do Wankel engines". This time I lost my rag and shouted that it has four circular cylinders and each one has a spark plug, go and change them. They were afraid that they were unable to do it so I had to pay them for four spark plugs to be supplied and fitted, though they neither supplied them nor fitted them. I had to go and buy them myself and fit them myself in my driveway at home. I realise that a Subaru is not a Nissan but if they could not service a Subaru they should have told me when I booked it in. So on the principle that a main franchised dealer can a) employ staff who cannot read the 95 RON label on the fuel filler cap, b) cannot smell the difference between petrol and diesel and c) cannot listen to an internal combustion engine and tell by the sound whether it is petrol or diesel, and d) cannot change spark plugs with all their fancy hoists, Snap-On tools and central heated fully equipped workshops, I think I might even prefer to go to an independent chap whose entire business relies on his knowledge, skills and experience.
    That is not to say that in this instance, my MG dealer is in any way incompetent - I cannot say that. I am very pleased with the bike - other than it would appear that the bike was not run before I bought it because it coughed and spluttered a fair bit before running smoothly.

3. gasgas

grame - what are the item numbers?

4. grame

The screen is this: 202562637566
    The Bobber bars I haven't yet got round to listing. They're still wrapped up in the postal packaging. I had intended to swap them over but then moved over to the V7.

5. gasgas

Thanks grame. I had a look but I think it is bigger than I want. What part of london are you?

6. grame

No worries! I am right in the centre - just behind Westminster Abbey.

In terms of dealers, Central Bikes are good. Laurie, the mechanic, is really helpful. He's helping me get my pipes replaced under warranty on account of the paint coming away. Interestingly, he also said you can buy add on years for the warranty as long as it's correctly serviced and before the end of the two year first warranty cut-off. This was news to me. There's another dealer in Dalston that's started doing Guzzi V7s. Their services were not too bad cost-wise.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 11:25 AM