• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Year's Eve/Day Ride 2008/09

ALdad 06 wrote:
cloudy_day_guzzi_016_2cs.jpg
Hi all, been real busy for the past few months. I would maybe like to join in on NYD if I could get some details. Start time and place.
Welcome back Alan. The players for NYD will dictate the particulars... So far, only Mohawkeye has officially spoken up.

Any one else?

OK, it's the 30th, maybe time to get organized. For the Norton thing on NYED, from the link at the very first post "official" ride to Newcomb's leaves at 10AM, some going over there (Pasadena) up to a couple hours early for breakfast. Given that I saw ice beside the road several thousand feet below Newcomb's yesterday, I may just drop over to Pasadena for some biker viewing, leave it at that unless there is an alternate, lower altitude ride.

As for the 1st, what's up, anyone? Hasn't been much of anything concrete posted for quite a while.

Yes, ride details are well covered on the SoCal Norton (link) posted at the top. Perhaps we could meet in the morning, and devise our own ride-to-lunch route.

As for NYD, two years ago, there was a small handful of us that met at the LookOut on Ortega, and made the day out of a Palomar/Borrego Springs/Mesa Grande then back ride. Without looking back on the videos, Bill Ross, DLaing (where is he any way), Mouse, Jedi, 675 Jimmy, and a few others rode.
This year depends on who is really going to go, and where they live. Bob per your words, a southerly route would be most ideal.

I'll be watching here for others to post they are going.

I don't think it necessarily has to be southerly (or not), but does need to be NOT high altitude, & perhaps not somewhere easily flooded from recent rains (ie, Lockwood). Also thinking not a super early start, given that it is the day after New Year's Eve, after all. But then that's only me, others may differ.

Regarding tomorrow's ride to Newcomb's, you might want to check this out: http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?CIO

I rode to Newcomb's Sunday, and was one of only 2 motorcyclists there most of the morning. When I got there (~8am) the temperature was about 25. The other guy got there at 7am and said that the temp was 20. It was COLD. However, it has warmed up condiderably (as you can see at the above URL) and will stay that way at least through Thursday. The worst part of the ride was in the Shadies - just above the intersection of ACH and Upper Big T. There was some ice, which I could notice far enough ahead to slow down and thread through/around it. I'm guessing that there will still be some *melted* ice here and there, but, unless you're riding like it's summer, things'll be just fine.

If you haven't had the breakfast buffet at Burger Continental before, it's pretty good, you can go back for thirds & fourths, and it's CHEAP.

My son Chris and I rode up to newcomb's monday and It wasn't as cold or as slippery as I expected,In the shaded area's It was kinda hairy specialy because I was on my roadstar,If I went down on that thing at least I had my boy to help me pick It up, cuz' I sure as hell couldn't do it alone.Anyway we'll be there at BC's at around 8am. Just look for the all black Suzuki Supermotard,and the fenderless ambo "Billy Bobber" and we'll be close by.Bobberbill out

Cat City Rider wrote:
SoCalDon wrote:
Ok, I can make the ride on the 31st.
Jeanne is working 1/2 day and when she gets home we are heading to Pioneer Town for my birthday celebration at Pappy & Harriets.
http://www.pappyandharriets.com/
Turning 49 at a proper Honky Tonk in the mystical land of the Joshua tree.

Maybe you might see me there. I have a friend who lives across the street from Pioneer Town
:)

We have a 7:30 reservation for dinner.
An extra 2 seats if you and yours wants to join us.
We might even add more if your friends want a table. PM me ASAP.
The band is a combination of two LA groups. Both great.
Look for the Garcia Party.

DSCF0062-1.jpg

Ok, so who wants to meet where for breakfast?
Bob, where are you going to eat?
Time?

Ok Going to play hooky from work tomorrow. Meet you at Burger Continental. Havent been there in a while.
I'll try to be there at 8:00.

Price

Don & I just spoke. We are electing to avoid breakfast at Burger Continental (yeah I know it's cheap & pretty good-but it IS a zoo scene) in Pasadena, instead meet for breakfast at Shaker's at 801 Central, Glendale, JUST north of the 134, Central Ave exit, at intersection of Central & Burchett & across from Conrads. Any & all welcome to join us. Then we'll motor over to B.C. to look around, then do our own, lower altitude/certified ice free ride, maybe Angeles Forest/Little T. Meet at Shaker's at 8AM.

I was wondering about pasadena being a zoo. I'll see you at 8:00 at Shakers.

NewYearsDay. Meet at Ortega lookout and head south, I'm down with that.:silly:

Papasloan wrote:
I was wondering about pasadena being a zoo. I'll see you at 8:00 at Shakers.
I have to take Gretchen to work in the a.m., so see you guys at Conti Burger 9:30-ish or so.

Todd -

Assuming the NYD ride does not start too early (please!), Patti and I and the (red) Norge (the fast color) should be good for a ride on Thursday. We took the Norge down to Ramona, Julien and Alpine a month ago or so. Great time.

Bob

Hey all... Busy day for me. This is where I stand; Most of you know I've been busy being a husband to my injured wife, which includes nearly everything for her since she injured both hands.

Tomorrow a.m. Jam's picking up her LM at 8, and I'll post as to my intentions then. For those truly wanting to ride, make the schedule and go... I'll try to make it.

Ok, I need a ride. I will be at the ortega lookout at 9:00ish. Too early?DeLuz or other? Anybody thats wants to join me come on down. Todd, sorry to hear about Gretchen I hope all goes well. Cheer!! Alan

RacerX wrote:
Most of you know I've been busy being a husband to my injured wife, which includes nearly everything for her since she injured both hands.

Had no idea. Hope she is well or at least much better soon.

Cat City Rider wrote:
guzzibob wrote:
RacerX wrote:
Most of you know I've been busy being a husband to my injured wife, which includes nearly everything for her since she injured both hands.

Had no idea. Hope she is well or at least much better soon.

Didn't know. What happened? :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy:

Me either. Hope she is OK.

Back