Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Newbe questions

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Alegas, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Alegas

Alegas Just got it firing!

Hi everyone,

New to Guzzis and new to the forum. A lot of info, and a bit overwhelmed.

What is the preffered software used for Engine MAP tuning? I've used TuneECU with my Triumph. Is there another tool that you would recommend for Guzzis, or does TuneECU work on them?

is there a reference location of trusted tunes, with descriptions? Would love to find out what the go to favorites are for the riders here.

Thanks for your help!

2. Moto_Max

Moto_Max Cruisin' Guzzisti

Check out the store on this site. Todd has got his own map tool. He does all the programming for you. Pretty much plug and play.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Thanks Max.
    Triumph is far more open with their ECU, than Guzzi allows.
    Before you get lured off this site, this is what I offer; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-ecu-programmer-box.15762/ - tried and true, or you can find your way to the garage tinkerer versions which I don't allow discussions on here.
    Happy to be of more help with my offerings via direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com

BenRCMC likes this.
  4. motoangler

motoangler Just got it firing!

I agree, after doing as much searching as possible, Todd's programmer tool offered here in the store is IMHO our best option. Todd was very quick with support and the mapping is very very good.

Coming from riding a Triumph and using tune ecu, I had the same question when I picked up the V7. As mentioned above, the Guzzi ecu is a much different arrangement.

5. Alegas

Alegas Just got it firing!

Thanks for the responses, everyone!