Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Newbie...Gas Tank and Seat Change

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by aharris41, Jun 17, 2016.

1. aharris41

aharris41 Just got it firing!

Hi All, I am new to the group and appreciate in advance all the support.

I am very close to pulling the trigger on the 2016 v7 II racer. One big but, the chrome tank and brown leather saddle is my preference. The US model for 2016 is a new graphic for the US.

Questions: How difficult is it to switch out the tank? I found one on AF1 racing. Also, where can I find a brown saddle? I looked all over and only found black in the US....tons of options across the pond.

Adding a question: Will the V7 tanks fit the V7 II? TLM has a chrome tank, but list it only for V7 II Stone and Special only.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  2. mwrenn

mwrenn Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

The tank is easy to swap. A vent line, a fuel line, and an electrical plug are the only connections that I can recall. You might check tank pricing from TLM in the Netherlands. Seems like they were a LOT less money than AF1.
    You can probably source the brown seat from them too.
    You might consider how comfortable that seat will be before buying it.
    I tried all of the Guzzi versions for my bike. Wound up buying a Corbin.

3. aharris41

Thanks mwrenn. I will check them out. It would be a lot easier and cheaper if I cohld get an Euro model :)

4. Moto_Max

Moto_Max Cruisin' Guzzisti

What are you planning on doing with the stock tank if you change it out to the chrome? If you're thinking of selling, how much would you want for it?

5. aharris41

I am not sure at this point. Just trying to confirm I can get a chrome tank to fit the v7 II. I definitely don't want to chrome plate the stock tank.

6. Moto_Max

They are available. I can get one from my shop for $1,200 part #606133M

7. aharris41

Great! Needed the confirmation before moving forward. How about the brown seat? All the part sites I have seen only carry the black one.

Thanks Moto_Max

8. Moto_Max

That brown seat looks like it was only available for Euro models and I checked availability through Piaggio and it's not showing that they have them in stock.

9. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Wisconsin v7 Racer Cruisin' Guzzisti

Why wouldn't you want to have the stock tank chromed or at least get some quotes to compare price.

10. mwrenn

mwrenn Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Corsa Italiana has the brown Racer seat in stock. They are in England. 223 Pounds.
    Not sure how much that is in Amurican....lol
    TLM has a new chrome tank on eBay for $1003. $40 shipping.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  11. aharris41

Thanks everyone. I just have to work the final piece....the wife.